“Location, location, location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Chicago, Illinois
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

For the last few years, we have made it a point to stay at the Best Western Chaffin Inn in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, on our way to and from our June/July vacation in Sarasota, Florida. It's only an eight or nine hour ride from Chicago but a very long 730-mile trip from Sarasota. But we think it is worth it. We remember when Murfreesboro was a one-Holiday Inn town and the only reason for stopping there was to visit the Stones River battlefield. How times have changed. The exit at 78-B is one of the busiest we have ever encountered on our travels. Virtually every hotel chain and every restaurant chain and every gas station chain is represented along the road, even White Castle. There also are several malls with large department stores and motion picture theaters. So we chose to stop at Best Western Chaffin Inn, which is conveniently located off I-24. While some visitors have complained of highway noise, we have never had an issue with it. Nor with noisy tourists. Our room was clean and comfortable--hey, the shower was wonderful and doesn't that always count for something?--with excellent television reception and many cable channels. We arise too early to take advantage of the continental breakfast--I'm told the waffles was special--but our 3 a.m. wakeup worked like a charm. There is an outdoor pool for visitors to enjoy. In the summer, a lot of girls softball teams frequent the Chaffin Inn. Security keeps the noise down. We've never had a difficult time sleeping. And the air conditioning, unlike some hotels, is quiet and very efficient. Never too cold. And Chaffin Inn is close to several popular restaurants, including Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesday that we have found to be very inviting. Murfreesboro is a good location because it makes for a relatively short trip to Chicago going north and Tallahassee, Florida, going south.

Room Tip: There are two floors but we always prefer a first-floor room to provide easy access to load luggage...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tucker, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

In between Nashville and Chattanooga for a more inexpensive stay around plenty of things to do. Includes rooms with whirlpool tubs, which me and my daughter enjoyed. It rained, so the outdoor pool wasn't a great asset when we stayed, but the tub made up for this inconvenience. They allow late departure to some extent without charge too, though I didn't need it. Overall a good place to stay.

Kingsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Have them check room before you go to it! Room was dirty upon arrival at 9:45 PM. Housekeeping had left for the day. Was given the last clean room which was HOT as the A/C was not on. Took long time to cool down, carpet VERY dirty. Breakfast was not stocked and workers were not busy...should have been better!

Redwood Falls, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Outward of hotel looked good. Room was too close to the interstate. Wouldn't have been any noisier sleeping in the ditch. Booked online & expected a better stay as we normally have experienced at a Best Western.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

After 9 hours in the car with a restless child on the 4th of July I decided to stop in Murfreesboro. I started shopping for a hotel. My daughter loves to swim so after spotting the Best Western had a pool I pulled in checked price and confirmed pool was open. We checked in and headed to pool. My daughter jumped in right away and I sat on the side. As she was swimming in front of me I saw something swirling around her head. To my displeasure I realized it was poop. I got my daughter out and walked directly to the office. The attendant walked over with me and explained he knew and the manager was on his way to clean it. REALLY??!! SO disgusted with how it was handled. The pool should have been shut down as soon as the first customer advised staff poop was in the pool, nope instead my 5 year was allowed to swim in it. My room door also wouldn't open because there was a"trick" to opening it. I was given $22.95 back for my crappy experience. I also called Health Dept. because pool is suppose to be drained. Which chemicals were only be added per staff. There was poop everywhere on the bottom.

Burkesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

As other hotels in the area were full, I made reservation here for my wife and her brother en route for his farrier work. They were very impressed with the cleanliness, comfort of beds, and friendliness of staff. They left for work before breakfast was even put out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel was fine until we walked in to breakfast at 0605. The employee was still putting out items .. we waited for 10 minutes before all the stuff was out and the only hot item was waffles .. you could have cooked pitiful sandwiches that may had to be nuked .. not very nutritious .. the employee was preparing some ladies waffle which seemed kind of odd .. he didn't prepare my "waffle" .. each time i noticed something missing he said he was going to get it .. the breakfast should be ready at 0600 .. not at 0610 0615 etc .. done finished . when i went to check out he was sitting in a security area playing with his cell phone .. he was nice enough but he should be a bit more professional.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn? Share your experiences!