“Great hotel, only negative was dog kennel next door.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Wisconsin
“Great hotel, only negative was dog kennel next door.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

We really were impressed with this hotel - extra nice for a Comfort Suites. The only negative was the dog kennel next door. We were on that side and of course, one dog had to have his say till after midnight. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but you may want to request the rooms at the back side of the hotel. We always carry a small fan for "white noise" so we slept fine......
The room was really nice, and had an extra couch (not a pull-out) in the regular guest room, which was nice. Seemed very clean and newer. Good place to stop over on our way to FL.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

Overnight stay on our way to Florida. We had 5 so our son slept on the couch. Room was spacious. Bathroom was clean. Light outside room shone in much too brightly. Fan on heating unit was loud.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — light outside room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

I love this hotel. Everything was very clean. Beds and pillows are awesome. Breakfast was great, coffee available all day. Desk staff was very nice. By far my favorite in Murfreesboro, and I have stayed at more expensive places there.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

We were in town for the Tennessee Beef Agribition and got the chance to stay at the Comfort Suites. I am so thankful as compared to lodging in the past. The room was great. The beds were extremely comfortabl. The rooms were very clean and were of good size. The service was excellent both by the front desk and the maids. I can't express enough how pleasant our stay was. I will plan on staying again and again as our business needs lead us toward this town. Thanks to staff as this was a busy time with the TSSAA tourney in town as well as the Beef Agribition.

Heather

• Liked — the overall cleaniness and look of motel
  • Disliked — our stay wasn't long enough
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

Stayed at Comfort Suites March 5. Was impressed with the size of the room and furnishings. Unfortunately, what could have been a good experience was overshadowed by the poor housekeeping. The room has dark furniture assessories and this allows smudges, dried fluid droplets etc. to be seen more visibly. For us, these things were not noticed until the next morning, as we were tired upon check-in. The beds themselves are very comfortable, we slept well. However the next morning, we were not comfortable with our observances. A used washcloth was hanging over the shower curtain from a previous guest. There was too much signage of previous guests and I was grateful we were not there with a small child. This particular room needs a thorough cleaning. I will not recommend this hotel to any friends.

• Liked — The beds are very comfortable
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

I am just back from this lovely new hotel which is located in a convenient part of town: restaurants and shopping are all at your fingertips. The hotel is new, modern and quite comfortable. The bathroom is bright with pewter type fixtures. The beds are quite wonderful and the linens are nice. The hotel is next to a pet boarding and training facility. I did not hear a peep any time I was coming or leaving the hotel until this morning and there were dogs barking around 10:00 a.m....most likely out for a run.

Here is why I am perturbed: I booked a room on the Choice Hotel web page. I am a GOLD ELITE Choice member. I called ahead and asked for a quiet room, at the end of the hall and away from the road. This was noted in my folio. I arrived and was told I was booked into a room near the road and on the noisier side of the hotel. I asked if I could be switched...the hotel was not even half full and I received an e-mail LAST WEEK that told me (as a GOLD member) I would be eligible for an automatic upgrade to a nicer room if available. I was not asking for an upgrade...just a different room assignment. Piper (the front desk) told me that there was mention in the computer that I had already requested this type of (a quiet) room but that managment said I could only switch rooms if I switched rates from $71.99 per night to $89.99 per night. HELLO? I mentioned the e-mail and was told that each hotel is individually owned and does not have to adhere to corporate policies. Oh yeah...does that mean they have the option to put TVs in the room or serve breakfast too? This really frustrated me as I stay many nights (each year) with Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express and have had no trouble whatsoever moving from the front (noisey) side of the hotel to the back..they are always accomodating and even let me check the room out first. I am not pleased with the inconsistency of the serviceat this location. As a consumer, I do not want surprises when I arrive (due to site issues) and have stated my requests. Piper saw an opportunity to be customer friendly and personally moved me to a different room, under the assumption that management may not have understood my GOLD ELITE status. I was quite pleased with the mature customer friendly nature of a 21 year old front desk clerk (who undertands business accumen) over the manager, who perhaps did not know my elite status. She was courteous and kind and a definite asset to the chain, as she understands brand loyalty and the needs of a business traveler. Thank you Piper....you are a gem. Piper is responsible for turning an unpleasant arrival into a comfortable stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Was everything perfect? No... but we're giving this Comfort Suites 5 stars because it exceeded our expectations in this class of hotel. Our first impression was positive. The clerk at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is fairly new plus it's non-smoking so everything was super clean. The bed linens were upscale and comfy. The bath had TWO electrical outlets in addition to the blow dryer. We appreciated this - seems like by the time we plug in the electric toothbrush and rechargeable shaver, we never have enough. The granite counter top in the bath was a classy touch. Towels were plentiful and the freebies (lotion, shampoo, conditioner) were a nice 'spa' variety.

The room had free WiFi that worked just fine. The room also was 'wired' if you don't have a wireless card. A nice big flat panel tv was great. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, plus a coffeemaker that looked brand new. We also had a free USA Today newspaper delivered to our room.

The free breakfast in the lobby was better than your average freebie. Along with the usual juices, bagels, muffins and cereals, It had some hot options (biscuits, sausage, waffle maker). We appreciated that it had some healthier choices - skim milk, low fat yogurt, apples, bananas. The attendant was friendly and efficient. The eating area had plenty of tables. In the corner of the room was the "business center" with a computer and printer available (free).

Our critiques are hardly worth mentioning ~ maybe upgrade the shower heads - they deliver a trickle of water. Also, this hotel is located right next door to a dog kennel and there is lots of barking at times. If you are a light sleeper, you might ask for a room NOT over-looking the kennel :)

The hotel is located right off a very congested intersection (Walmart, Target, Home Depot - they're all right there). There are also many restaurants to choose from. Try Jim n' Nicks BBQ, within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!