“Almost a great review, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Almost a great review, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel rate was typical for mid-priced chains ($120 / night - king), but more like lower-end hotels by operating with a VERY thin staff. While the room was in great shape - very nice, very clean and quite comfortable - there was a problem with my room initially - a maintenance problem with the toilet which was apparent immediately on my arrival in the room. I called the front desk to tell them - knowing that any maintenance guy with a tool belt could fix the problem in 30 seconds.

But there was only one hotel staff member working at this time (5 PM on a weeknight - prime time for check-ins) and she was the extremely polite and helpful front desk clerk who had checked me in (I think her name was Julie). She insisted on bringing me a new set of keys so I could move to a new room - but it took almost 30 minutes till she could clear the front desk and run them up to me.

She was clearly doing her best to provide me with a helpful response (she said she didn't want me to have to lug my stuff back down to the front desk just to lug it back upstairs to a new room), but they just didn't have the manpower to do it right. If I was paying budget hotel prices, I would expect a skeleton crew. But you can't charge higher prices and then skimp on labor to the point where customer service is diminished.

The room was very nice and very clean, and the experience would have been very good if there had been either a maintenance guy on hand, or at least a second person at the front desk to help out. Nevertheless, her morale was great, and she did the best she could - so Julie gets an A+ for effort.

Oh, one more minor gripe while I'm at it - the powdered "scrambled" eggs they serve hot for the free breakfast are the worst I've ever had. Blech!

I agree with the reviewer who said this would have been great if it was an $80/night room. Not worth $120.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Princeton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The good first: Very large room, nice towels and linens, very comfortable bed, excellent bathroom lighting/fixtures and shower, very clean, nice decor, well lit, good WiFi. The bad: Worn carpeting. At breakfast, we found a kids soccer team had invaded the room, scarfing down everything in sight and ALL the hot food was gone. All three coffee urns emptied. Waste container overflowing onto the floor. Two women attendants were notified by several adults and the response was negative. They just walked away. Very unfriendly and appeared either overworked or underpaid or just plain overwhelmed. We paid $109 for room 114 and think the stay was grossly overpriced and certainly not up to par when compared to other wonderful hotels of the same brand. Certainly, management/clerks saw the soccer team and adults checking in the night before and surely should've had extra help and food on hand. There are other brands of hotels in town, all vying for your money. Check them out. I must add that if the food service had been better, the value would be somewhat reasonable. It's an $80 room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
greensboro, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

stayed one night by mistake. while checking e-mail on computer, I had a couple come into room. I asked why, they were there in my room. They said that the front desk, had given them a key to check out the room. I called front desk, they had made a mistake, and thought room was empty. Front desk person came upstairs with a new set of keys. Told front desk manager or general manager about it next morning and just said they were sorry. No offer of any comp, points, or any other gesture to try to make it up. Moved another hotel for the next 2 nights. Don't stay if you don't sleep well on road. Also has a kennel next door, where a dog barked all night.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel Thanksgiving night in between shopping rounds with my Daughter. Close to all shopping. Room had 2 queen sized beds, very clean and quiet. Large LG flat screen tv in the room. Very satisfied with the room and the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We thought we were getting a great deal when we booked a suite with 2 queen beds for my husband, myself, and our 3 young daughters- ages 4, 2, and 2 months). Imagine our surprise to walk into our room with 2 "queen" beds to find that they are actually double beds. Thinking there was a mistake, we went back to speak to the people at the front desk, who said they don't have room with double beds- only queen and king- how convenient so you can't compare your "queen" beds to double ones in another room. Instead of arguing, since a room with 2 actual queens doesn't exist- we ended up changing to a room with a king bed and pull out sleeper sofa for an increased rate.

With that said, the rooms were both very nice and comfortable and our overall stay was fine. Just a word of warning- if you actually need 2 queen beds, rather than doubles, this is not the where hotel you should stay. Nice hotel, but just a frustrating experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We're stayed in many Comfort Suites on this journey, and this was one of the best. Bright, wide halls. Good parking. Wi-fi with an Ethernet plug (but no cord) that worked well. Clean and quiet. Decent exercise room. Nicely laid out room. Helpful desk clerk. We would say here happily again, but what we would be doing in this town is beyond me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed just this weekend here for a soccer tournament and let me tell you that if there had been other choices of decent hotel rooms available, I would have left. But, being a soccer tournament and all rooms full elsewhere, was stuck.
1. Dead bugs and hair in the bed
6. Breakfast/coffee very poor quality, food was cold
7. Poor customer service
8. Roach crawling on floor as we were leaving room to check out
9. Elevators were very muggy and had bad smell
Will never give comfort suites any of my business again and will advise our soccer team the same.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!