“Great front desk help” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Westgate Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37128   |
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Great front desk help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

So me n my husband were price shopping the one literally 2 minutes from here tried charge us $400 when I came here and paid half the amount! The gentleman at the front desk let us check out the room b4 we decided too stay thanks it's good quiet n needs updated got my money worth regardless

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Place is close to Interstate and Good residential development
Place is clean comfortable beds though could use some ultra modern features.
Good place and free Interment . family restaurant and fast foods almost next door.
Family friends visited for graduation party.
Staff is pleasant and helpful

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Covington, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Upon checking in the lady was pleasant and that is the only thing good I will say about the hotel. Walking up to the 2nd floor I first see a gentleman spraying for bugs going room to room so I asked if that was preventative or if there was a problem. He quoted, "oh no problems here just a preventative". So, I went up to my room after 14 hours of driving and I was hoping to be able to just sit down and rest. I first find urine all over the toilet, mold on the shower curtain and dirty q-tips in the bathroom. The springs in the mattress were sticking through and the hall outside the room smelled like an outhouse. I went right back down to the desk and told the lady working that this was completely unacceptable. She changed my rooms and I hoped that would have solved the issue. NOT EVEN CLOSE!! Once I made it to the new room the door looked as if it had been broken into and been repaired only to the point of letting it be able to close again. I opened the door and an odor hits me in the face of something awful. I went in and inspected the room to see if the cleanliness was any better. Once again urine on the toilet, mold and hair in the shower, something blue all over the shower curtain, cigarette burns on the sink and the toilet seat, feces smeared on the wall in the bathroom, throw up on the bed skirt and dried food on the blanket that was on the bed!; There was also dirty sheets on the bed and the coffee pot was missing (which I could careless about but I was not about to be charged for a missing coffee pot) The fold out bed was no better it had no sheets (not even in the closet) the mattress looked 15+ years old and food ALL in it and trash and bottle caps under the couch and tin foil balls as if someone had a game with them. The towels were supposed to be white and they were a yellowish color from age and there was hair on the wash cloth, a pubic hair on the second wash cloth I picked up and the samples that are left as complimentary were already opened and used. I have never been more disgusted with a place. Being a trucker I typically wouldn't complain with a place to lay my head at night but this hotel should be condemned! Worst $69.99 plus tax and fees ever spent!!!

Room Tip: DO not stay here!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
OSD, VP of OPerations at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am totally at a loss on your comments. It is very obvious that nothing of your stay was correct. What is the biggest surprise is that we did not get a chance to correct the problems you had. We have a 100% guarantee guest satisfactory policy and I know if any of this was brought to are attention we would have made your stay perfect. I am very sorry and hope you will give us another chance.
Sulphur Springs, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Travel from and to Texas regularly, clean rooms, friendly staff ,I was recognized by name and was impressed. OK breakfast, if you don't mind simple continental breakfast.Overall a good value for budget travellers

Room Tip: get second floor less noisy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
OSD, VP Operations at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Your input only helps us to improve.

Thanks Ray
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place is right close to Interstate and most city facilities. Near M.T.S.U (University) and Historical Battlefield of civil war (stones River Battle field). Place was clean with most modern facilities at competitive prices.
Check in for friends visiting us was fast and staff was very friendly ,helpful with a smile.
Place has multiple family restaurants and fast food with in walking distance OR less than four
blocks from hotel.
we enjoyed our stay as this place was safe and inviting for good night sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms near front side are excellent
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
OSD, VP of Operations at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much we try very hard to excel in our efforts to provide the best accommodations we can. Your comments only helps to accomplish that goal.

Thanks Ray
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was horrible! The only that was nice about it was the evening desk attendant! We checked in and headed to our room. Upon arrival found that our room was never cleaned, just folded the covers back over the dirty sheets. I know some reviews can be exaggerated, but truthfully there was pubic hair in the sheets, urine and feces in the toilet and blood on the sink. Someone stole the coffee maker and apparently they decided to have a few cocktails before marking the room clean and issuing to us because they left their beverage containers on the night stand. I was packing up to leave but decided to go talk to the front desk first. The young lady was very nice when I told her we were leaving. She seemed very disappointed in the cleaning staff and offered another room. I did accept her offer to look at another room and we did decide to stay since we were already there. I wish we had not, after seeing the parade of nasty people walking around the hotel. I guess lesson learned on our part but if you care about hygiene, spend the extra few bucks and choose a different place.

• Stayed June 2013
OSD, Operations Support Director at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
dear Sir , I am absolutely shocked to read the comments of your recent stay. I have absolutely no idea and how it happened. I am totally ashamed that one of our guests encountered such a situation. We are in the process of renovating the property and are approximately 75% complete. I just have no excuse. We also have a 100% guarantee satisfaction for I guess. I wish I had the opportunity to speak to you why you were here your stay, one that you would've enjoyed. Again I do apologize the way we do business. Please if you are in this area. I would love to have another opportunity. Thank you
Scott
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Checking in was a breeze, the receptionist was so friendly and fast. Lobby area was clean and comfortable with a large screen tv. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable and included a small microwave, fridge small table and two chairs. Shower spray was vigorous with plenty of towels for use. Internet speed was incredibly fast. Vending maching area had many choices to pick from, Breakfast area was clean and could hold plenty of guests for the continental breakfast. The property is older but very well maintained. Close to the highway for easy access. Would highly recommend to everyone and it won't break the bank which is always a plus for a clean comfortable room!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it was pretty quiet except for the occassional semi truck revving...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OSD, VP Operations at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We thank you for our comments. We are very excited about the changes happening here we are in the process of a major renovation and we have completely changed management. I am sure that your next visit. If you choose you will see an outstanding difference.

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!