“Find somewhere else...” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Westgate Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37128   |
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Find somewhere else...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was horrible! The only that was nice about it was the evening desk attendant! We checked in and headed to our room. Upon arrival found that our room was never cleaned, just folded the covers back over the dirty sheets. I know some reviews can be exaggerated, but truthfully there was pubic hair in the sheets, urine and feces in the toilet and blood on the sink. Someone stole the coffee maker and apparently they decided to have a few cocktails before marking the room clean and issuing to us because they left their beverage containers on the night stand. I was packing up to leave but decided to go talk to the front desk first. The young lady was very nice when I told her we were leaving. She seemed very disappointed in the cleaning staff and offered another room. I did accept her offer to look at another room and we did decide to stay since we were already there. I wish we had not, after seeing the parade of nasty people walking around the hotel. I guess lesson learned on our part but if you care about hygiene, spend the extra few bucks and choose a different place.

• Stayed June 2013
OSD, Operations Support Director at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
dear Sir , I am absolutely shocked to read the comments of your recent stay. I have absolutely no idea and how it happened. I am totally ashamed that one of our guests encountered such a situation. We are in the process of renovating the property and are approximately 75% complete. I just have no excuse. We also have a 100% guarantee satisfaction for I guess. I wish I had the opportunity to speak to you why you were here your stay, one that you would've enjoyed. Again I do apologize the way we do business. Please if you are in this area. I would love to have another opportunity. Thank you
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Checking in was a breeze, the receptionist was so friendly and fast. Lobby area was clean and comfortable with a large screen tv. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable and included a small microwave, fridge small table and two chairs. Shower spray was vigorous with plenty of towels for use. Internet speed was incredibly fast. Vending maching area had many choices to pick from, Breakfast area was clean and could hold plenty of guests for the continental breakfast. The property is older but very well maintained. Close to the highway for easy access. Would highly recommend to everyone and it won't break the bank which is always a plus for a clean comfortable room!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it was pretty quiet except for the occassional semi truck revving...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OSD, VP Operations at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We thank you for our comments. We are very excited about the changes happening here we are in the process of a major renovation and we have completely changed management. I am sure that your next visit. If you choose you will see an outstanding difference.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travel frequently and have experienced various levels of service, cleanliness etc. at hotels, but this hotel by far is the worst. We were in town for a soccer tournament and this hotel was assigned to our club. While the website looked ok, the hotel was frankly awful. The majority of our team left after the first night. The rooms are filthy and humid; a smell of wet dog. The sheets we not clean, including blood stains and little particles of unknown origin. Towels used to be white and are now yellow. Bathtub has mold. The complimentary breakfast does not compare to what is offered by competing hotels. I'm surprised that these types of hotels are still in business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Vista Inn & Suites. We apologize for any
inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. We do
take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback. I am so sorry
you did not have the opportunity to speak with us. I'm am positive that we could
have made your stay great. We have a 100% guarantee policy here.
Your concerns have been shared with our staff to improve our service
and quality.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns.

Melinda
Bolivar, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were able to stay here without breaking our wallet. That leaves more money for the family activities that we came to this area for. Any problems we had were immediately taken care of by the staff in a kind manner. Rooms very neat and clean, beds made. I especially liked the large selection of cable channels offered for viewing in the evening after our daily activities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Not a 5-star hotel but for the price was good stay! Better overall than the ramada down the road! Staff was really nice. Rooms were not great but were viable for $55 a night! We will stay here again next trip!

• Stayed July 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Paid for 1 night and left to find my banking account charged for 4 nights! They did refund the money over a week later after we called the bank and got the fraud department on them, but they had no right to do this and no reason why. Also they couldn't produce a receipt for the additional nights which makes me believe the girl at the front desk was going to pocket the money had we not noticed!
Rooms very nasty with bugs!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here about a week and a half ago. The lady at the front desk at was not friendly at all. Only words she said to me is what is ur name and here is ur room number. The hallways smelled awful. And were very dark. The room also smelled. The bathtub had stains on the bottom and looked very disgusting. Shower curtain also had stains on it. I wore flip flops inside to shower. The towels were very thin and small. Like they were 10 years old. I had to use all four of them just to dry myself and my hair. The carpet had mulitple stains on it. Three days after leaving the hotel. I had multiple bug bites show up on my arm. They are in line of 3 in a few seperate areas on my arm. I have been fearing the worst and have now had to start disinfecting my entire apartment hoping i dont get an infestation from here. I will never stay here again even if it was free. I wish i would have known i would have saved money by staying in a more expensive hotel than paying to wash all my clothes, and having to have an exterminator due to these bug bites. And not knowing what kind of bugs they came from. Like i said i am fearing the worst thag theh are bed bugs. Also to the management who has responded with their generic reaponses. Please do not insult me with one as i will never be a repeat customer.

• Stayed June 2012
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We use any
And all comments made by our guests to improve our facility. I’m concerned
About the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. Please
Be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the
Appropriate action has been taken. Please note that we do offer a 100% guarantee when you stay with us. We only ask that you give us the opportunity to correct any problems while you are with us.

I apologize that your stay was an unpleasant one.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Melinda

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!