“Worst hotel I've stayed at” 1 of 5 stars

Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Westgate Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37128   |
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Worst hotel I've stayed at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travel frequently and have experienced various levels of service, cleanliness etc. at hotels, but this hotel by far is the worst. We were in town for a soccer tournament and this hotel was assigned to our club. While the website looked ok, the hotel was frankly awful. The majority of our team left after the first night. The rooms are filthy and humid; a smell of wet dog. The sheets we not clean, including blood stains and little particles of unknown origin. Towels used to be white and are now yellow. Bathtub has mold. The complimentary breakfast does not compare to what is offered by competing hotels. I'm surprised that these types of hotels are still in business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Vista Inn & Suites. We apologize for any
inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. We do
take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback. I am so sorry
you did not have the opportunity to speak with us. I'm am positive that we could
have made your stay great. We have a 100% guarantee policy here.
Your concerns have been shared with our staff to improve our service
and quality.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns.

Melinda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bolivar, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were able to stay here without breaking our wallet. That leaves more money for the family activities that we came to this area for. Any problems we had were immediately taken care of by the staff in a kind manner. Rooms very neat and clean, beds made. I especially liked the large selection of cable channels offered for viewing in the evening after our daily activities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Not a 5-star hotel but for the price was good stay! Better overall than the ramada down the road! Staff was really nice. Rooms were not great but were viable for $55 a night! We will stay here again next trip!

• Stayed July 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Paid for 1 night and left to find my banking account charged for 4 nights! They did refund the money over a week later after we called the bank and got the fraud department on them, but they had no right to do this and no reason why. Also they couldn't produce a receipt for the additional nights which makes me believe the girl at the front desk was going to pocket the money had we not noticed!
Rooms very nasty with bugs!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here about a week and a half ago. The lady at the front desk at was not friendly at all. Only words she said to me is what is ur name and here is ur room number. The hallways smelled awful. And were very dark. The room also smelled. The bathtub had stains on the bottom and looked very disgusting. Shower curtain also had stains on it. I wore flip flops inside to shower. The towels were very thin and small. Like they were 10 years old. I had to use all four of them just to dry myself and my hair. The carpet had mulitple stains on it. Three days after leaving the hotel. I had multiple bug bites show up on my arm. They are in line of 3 in a few seperate areas on my arm. I have been fearing the worst and have now had to start disinfecting my entire apartment hoping i dont get an infestation from here. I will never stay here again even if it was free. I wish i would have known i would have saved money by staying in a more expensive hotel than paying to wash all my clothes, and having to have an exterminator due to these bug bites. And not knowing what kind of bugs they came from. Like i said i am fearing the worst thag theh are bed bugs. Also to the management who has responded with their generic reaponses. Please do not insult me with one as i will never be a repeat customer.

• Stayed June 2012
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We use any
And all comments made by our guests to improve our facility. I’m concerned
About the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. Please
Be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the
Appropriate action has been taken. Please note that we do offer a 100% guarantee when you stay with us. We only ask that you give us the opportunity to correct any problems while you are with us.

I apologize that your stay was an unpleasant one.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Melinda
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Looked around town for average good area decent price hotel came across this Vista Inn walked in the door lady at the counter was very courteous took the room at half the rate as other hotels stayed there for three months clean rooms houskeepers were nice clean sheets everyday no issues with noises at night great location for places to eat. The place to stay if you visit Murfreesboro on a budget to get more for your money For the People at Vista Inn Thanks for a great stay... Keep doing what yo are doing!!!! From Retired US Navy

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Right Here
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We spent New Year's weekend here and the room was so dirty, I feared bed bugs, thank goodness, there weren't any, however, we slept on top of the bed and bedding. There was thick, short, black hair strands in the bathroom, the sink was really dirty, the frig had standing water and the hotel stunk really bad. I think the homeless camped out there, bc I always saw someone sitting in the hall, which freaked me out. The hotel is right off the interstate, so it's possible, they were the homeless.

There was not any type of contential breakfast, you were given breakfast in a bag, LOL, no joke. In the plain white bag, there was an orange, a stale bear claw or danish, a Nutri-Grain Cereal Bar and a napkin....nothing to drink, however, there was coffee in the lobby......no juice. The staff was quite bland and the owner barely spoke or understood English. My first and last time staying there, I'll go to the Howard Johnson, next door, or the Ramada, less than a mile down the road. My advice, stay elsewhere or stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
AdVantisCS, Franchisor at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
I would like to apologize for the problems you had during your stay and for any inconveniences you may have encountered. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with a high standard of service. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to keep problems from recurring. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!