“Worst stay, have bug bites from stay” 1 of 5 stars

You added Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Westgate Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37128   |
Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
“Worst stay, have bug bites from stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here about a week and a half ago. The lady at the front desk at was not friendly at all. Only words she said to me is what is ur name and here is ur room number. The hallways smelled awful. And were very dark. The room also smelled. The bathtub had stains on the bottom and looked very disgusting. Shower curtain also had stains on it. I wore flip flops inside to shower. The towels were very thin and small. Like they were 10 years old. I had to use all four of them just to dry myself and my hair. The carpet had mulitple stains on it. Three days after leaving the hotel. I had multiple bug bites show up on my arm. They are in line of 3 in a few seperate areas on my arm. I have been fearing the worst and have now had to start disinfecting my entire apartment hoping i dont get an infestation from here. I will never stay here again even if it was free. I wish i would have known i would have saved money by staying in a more expensive hotel than paying to wash all my clothes, and having to have an exterminator due to these bug bites. And not knowing what kind of bugs they came from. Like i said i am fearing the worst thag theh are bed bugs. Also to the management who has responded with their generic reaponses. Please do not insult me with one as i will never be a repeat customer.

• Stayed June 2012
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We use any
And all comments made by our guests to improve our facility. I’m concerned
About the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. Please
Be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the
Appropriate action has been taken. Please note that we do offer a 100% guarantee when you stay with us. We only ask that you give us the opportunity to correct any problems while you are with us.

I apologize that your stay was an unpleasant one.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Melinda

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Looked around town for average good area decent price hotel came across this Vista Inn walked in the door lady at the counter was very courteous took the room at half the rate as other hotels stayed there for three months clean rooms houskeepers were nice clean sheets everyday no issues with noises at night great location for places to eat. The place to stay if you visit Murfreesboro on a budget to get more for your money For the People at Vista Inn Thanks for a great stay... Keep doing what yo are doing!!!! From Retired US Navy

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Right Here
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We spent New Year's weekend here and the room was so dirty, I feared bed bugs, thank goodness, there weren't any, however, we slept on top of the bed and bedding. There was thick, short, black hair strands in the bathroom, the sink was really dirty, the frig had standing water and the hotel stunk really bad. I think the homeless camped out there, bc I always saw someone sitting in the hall, which freaked me out. The hotel is right off the interstate, so it's possible, they were the homeless.

There was not any type of contential breakfast, you were given breakfast in a bag, LOL, no joke. In the plain white bag, there was an orange, a stale bear claw or danish, a Nutri-Grain Cereal Bar and a napkin....nothing to drink, however, there was coffee in the lobby......no juice. The staff was quite bland and the owner barely spoke or understood English. My first and last time staying there, I'll go to the Howard Johnson, next door, or the Ramada, less than a mile down the road. My advice, stay elsewhere or stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
AdVantisCS, Franchisor at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
I would like to apologize for the problems you had during your stay and for any inconveniences you may have encountered. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with a high standard of service. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to keep problems from recurring. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Rydal ga.30171
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

we were very impressed, by the cleaness of this vista, the room had a fresh clean smell,NoSMOKE SMELL,OR AFTER SMOKE SMELL. We stayed at the newly done sleep inn, the night befoere and it was not as clean as the Vista. so thank you VistA employees for a great nights sleep..

Room Tip: ground floor has bad smoke smell in hallways,,,
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Carthage, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We booked this hotel for a week and cant really complain at all. We were given a great weekly price and they were very accommodating. The staff was great! Our room was very clean and had everything we needed! It was VERY quiet and peaceful! Would defiantly stay here in the future!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stopped at this hotel earlier in the month to scope out a place to stay while I teach classes at the university. The price looked fair but the lobby creeped me out so I left. After reading the reviews I had ZERO desire to stay there. Unfortunately I booked with a "3rd party" and unknowingly got this jem of a place. Room was acceptable-king size bed,a/c functioning, microwave and mini fridge, service very helpful and friendly, BUT hot water in the shower was non existent. I changed rooms 3 times with no change in hot water status. ( I also got a good look at how bad some of the tile tubs needed to torn out. large gaping holes partially filled with caulk.) The front desk help was very understanding but told me there was nothing he could do. I really just wanted my money back at 1030 at night so I could go down the road and take a shower at one of the other 15 hotels nearby. Instead he said he couldn't and I took a cold 30sec cold shower this morning and got out of that place. Oooh- continental breakfast is a paper bag with an apple, a honey bun, and nutrigrain bar.

Room Tip: go further down the road to find a better place for the same price
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
myork34, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at the property. However, upon checking the hot water , I found there to be no problem with the hot water supply and all three rooms where checked. When turning on the hot water in the shower, the handle must be positioned correctly and wait for a few seconds for water to heat up. Again, I apoligize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and as always I take each response seriously. I am offering the guest a complimentary night stay, so that she may verify the fact that there is no problem with the hot water supply.

Vista Inn & Suites
Management
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

first with the good stuff
night clerk was friendly he understood our concerns
hallways were hot at it was near the 100;s there in July
stayed in non smoking room that must have been a smoker room aired out
burn holes from bedspread straight down thru to the mattress pads
box spring all stained
not vacuumed well
mouse trap behind dresser full of bugs
continental breakfast NOT same bagels that were there tuesday morning were still there thursday morning
all other hotels were booked and had no choice but to stay stayed 4 nights and was only comped for one
NEEDS MAJOR over haul dont be fooled by website

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be valuable. We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with a high standard of service. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!