“Dirty room, Homeless people in hallway.” 2 of 5 stars

Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Westgate Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37128   |
Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Right Here
“Dirty room, Homeless people in hallway.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We spent New Year's weekend here and the room was so dirty, I feared bed bugs, thank goodness, there weren't any, however, we slept on top of the bed and bedding. There was thick, short, black hair strands in the bathroom, the sink was really dirty, the frig had standing water and the hotel stunk really bad. I think the homeless camped out there, bc I always saw someone sitting in the hall, which freaked me out. The hotel is right off the interstate, so it's possible, they were the homeless.

There was not any type of contential breakfast, you were given breakfast in a bag, LOL, no joke. In the plain white bag, there was an orange, a stale bear claw or danish, a Nutri-Grain Cereal Bar and a napkin....nothing to drink, however, there was coffee in the lobby......no juice. The staff was quite bland and the owner barely spoke or understood English. My first and last time staying there, I'll go to the Howard Johnson, next door, or the Ramada, less than a mile down the road. My advice, stay elsewhere or stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
AdVantisCS, Franchisor at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
I would like to apologize for the problems you had during your stay and for any inconveniences you may have encountered. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with a high standard of service. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to keep problems from recurring. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rydal ga.30171
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

we were very impressed, by the cleaness of this vista, the room had a fresh clean smell,NoSMOKE SMELL,OR AFTER SMOKE SMELL. We stayed at the newly done sleep inn, the night befoere and it was not as clean as the Vista. so thank you VistA employees for a great nights sleep..

Room Tip: ground floor has bad smoke smell in hallways,,,
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Carthage, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We booked this hotel for a week and cant really complain at all. We were given a great weekly price and they were very accommodating. The staff was great! Our room was very clean and had everything we needed! It was VERY quiet and peaceful! Would defiantly stay here in the future!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stopped at this hotel earlier in the month to scope out a place to stay while I teach classes at the university. The price looked fair but the lobby creeped me out so I left. After reading the reviews I had ZERO desire to stay there. Unfortunately I booked with a "3rd party" and unknowingly got this jem of a place. Room was acceptable-king size bed,a/c functioning, microwave and mini fridge, service very helpful and friendly, BUT hot water in the shower was non existent. I changed rooms 3 times with no change in hot water status. ( I also got a good look at how bad some of the tile tubs needed to torn out. large gaping holes partially filled with caulk.) The front desk help was very understanding but told me there was nothing he could do. I really just wanted my money back at 1030 at night so I could go down the road and take a shower at one of the other 15 hotels nearby. Instead he said he couldn't and I took a cold 30sec cold shower this morning and got out of that place. Oooh- continental breakfast is a paper bag with an apple, a honey bun, and nutrigrain bar.

Room Tip: go further down the road to find a better place for the same price
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
myork34, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at the property. However, upon checking the hot water , I found there to be no problem with the hot water supply and all three rooms where checked. When turning on the hot water in the shower, the handle must be positioned correctly and wait for a few seconds for water to heat up. Again, I apoligize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and as always I take each response seriously. I am offering the guest a complimentary night stay, so that she may verify the fact that there is no problem with the hot water supply.

Vista Inn & Suites
Management
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

first with the good stuff
night clerk was friendly he understood our concerns
hallways were hot at it was near the 100;s there in July
stayed in non smoking room that must have been a smoker room aired out
burn holes from bedspread straight down thru to the mattress pads
box spring all stained
not vacuumed well
mouse trap behind dresser full of bugs
continental breakfast NOT same bagels that were there tuesday morning were still there thursday morning
all other hotels were booked and had no choice but to stay stayed 4 nights and was only comped for one
NEEDS MAJOR over haul dont be fooled by website

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be valuable. We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with a high standard of service. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

The only thing we were not pleased with was; that they advertised that they had a continental breakfast. When my husband went to the dining area, all they had was like a white lunch bag with an apple, muffin and an energy bar in it that they gave to my husband and myself. They claimed that they had no juice and the waffle machine was not working. We were just a little bit disappointed with that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Although I was skeptical staying in a hotel with a rate lower than $50 on a holiday weekend, this hotel was a very pleasant surprise. It is located directly off I24 and has lots of restaurants close by. The room was much larger than most hotel rooms and had a microwave and refrigerator in it also. The bed was very comfortable and we didn't notice any noise although the hotel did not have a lot of guests the night we were there. We will certainly stay here again. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!