“Exceptional!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Five Senses Restaurant, Bar, and Catering

Five Senses Restaurant, Bar, and Catering
1602 W. Northfield Blvd. Suite 515, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Five Senses)
+1 615-867-4155
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Our favorite local spot.
Ignore the idiotic previous review.
Very fine food, always well prepared.
Extra-good, always fresh.
Inventive food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“I'm a local”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Expensive. Poor service. Food was average but not what I would expect for the price. Uncomfortable seating in a small space. I thought maybe I had not given it a fair shot, but after 3 visits I was not impressed. We won't be going back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“5 senses never fails to delight my 5 senses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

There is always something remarkable about 5 Senses. Never be afraid to call ahead and ask the chef for a special meal. Owner Mitchell Murfree has a knack for specialty home-made ice cream ( Honey Lavender Thyme is to die for) anything to do with Figs and his pie....oh my goodness full of fruit with a practically non-exsistant crust. No matter that I am not frequently in Murfreesboro, I make a point to call ahead and eat lunch ( yummy corn bread muffins) or dinner when I can Annnnd I trek over there just to get a pie a couple of times per year to impress that important dinner guest or a hungry gathering during Thanksgiving. Watch or call to see when Sunday brunch is being served....Yum. I only wish they would do a patio dining offering in the spring and fall with umbrellas and big field tables.. Would be a fun way to enjoy the delicious food~!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville
“Can't get enough I this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Five Senses is by far the best restaurant in the Boro. Their seafood is excellent and everything they serve is super fresh and unique. I have eaten there as a party of two and also as part of a large group. Both times the food and service were outstanding!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McMinnville, Tennessee
“Murfreesboro gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We've been several times, and the food is very, very good. The portions are slightly larger than most restaurants of this type, and quality only increases the value! The special seasonal drink menu offers tasty concoctions. The Fall Sangria is excellent. Our favorite entree is the filet, which is one of the best filets I've tasted in years, far exceeding Morton's, Fleming's, and the like. The Venison is fantastic, as well. The salads are great, but the desserts have been somewhat of a disappointment. The best part is ingredients are sourced locally, if possible, and the freshness is quite evident. The service has been both great and lackluster, depending on the server, but is not enough of an issue to keep us from coming back. Murfreesboro should support and treasure this unique gem. We're thrilled to have such a fantastic dining option and will return as soon as possible!

• Visited November 2012