“Was hoping to like it” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 341 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Pasta
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Was hoping to like it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Moved here recently and everyone kept talking about Demo's so took my girlfriend who had been several times before and said was pretty good. Staff was great...all friendly and helpful.
Ordered lasagna and she got a chicken pasta dish. They brought us bread which looked good. I decided to wait to eat any til I received my food.
Food came and I was definitely disappointed. Lasagna is one of my favorites and I'm not particularly picky about it. It was chewy and isn't cooked in any sauce. They simply splashed a small amount of sauce on top. If you like it that way you will love it. However, simply not my taste.
Upon taking a bite of bread I felt something in my mouth and realized that there was a hair that had been baked inside the bread. That pretty much ended my meal.
I understand this happens we didn't make a big deal out of it but felt I should point it out to server. He and the manager more than accommodating about it.
If the food had been awesome i would be willing to give it another shot but just an average food experience so will not be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
“Steak and spaghetti!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My son first took us to the Demos in downtown Nashville several years ago but we now go to the one in Murfreesboro and they are both delicious! Steak and Spaghetti - who knew that they went together?? I have also ordered the baked potato instead of the spaghetti and it was done perfect. In fact, this last trip there were 7 adults, 5 kids (2-12) and an infant and all of the meals were great! Another aspect of this restaurant that I like is that they do not sweeten the tea but bring bottles of simple syrup to the table so you can sweeten your tea to your own taste. The house salad is just basic but you can order tomatoes, cucumbers, or onions for 35 cents each and since I love salad the extra $1 + is more than worth it. The one negative is that there is always a long line and they do not take reservations or have any kind of call ahead seating. Of course this is a big deal when we always go with 6 or more in our party but they do move things along and the food makes the wait worthwhile!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“One of the best places to eat in the boro'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My fiance and myself went to Demos' last night. I have lived in Murfreesboro for 20years and sadly this is the first time trying Demos'. It was amazing from the time we walked in to the time we walked out. With working third shift we was pretty much the last person to walk in the door so my fiance and I expected with any place we went that it wasn't going to be its greatest but we were so wrong.
Our waiter was so nice and the best one I have had in a long time. He was so respectful, wasn't pushy, and didn't ignore us. He was just awesome. My fiance even poured to much sugar into my drink by accident and he was more than happy to get us another one. A lot of college students would have some kind of problem with it or attitude.
The prices was better than expected. The place was cheap enough for two people to eat well under $30. The atmosphere was so classy and was a place that I would recommend for a date.
The food was so delicious that I thought I would melt into my seat. We had lasagna and a steak/grilled chicken combo and both of us tasted everything we ordered and there was no complaints. The steak was cooked to perfection. You did not need any steak sauce. In my opinion if you put steak sauce on it your ruining you steak. The lasagna was fantastic. I could continue going on about how good the food was, but I wont. The portions was a good size for the price.
We will definitely be a returning customer and recommend this place to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Demos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to location in Sun Prairie for Lunch. they were very busy but could handle the crowd. Food was excellent. Friends tell me that steaks are very good but I had lasanga; it was awsome.

Visited August 2012
“Coming and Going”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Coming from Ga to Mo we stopped at Demos to eat , because a friend recommended this place. Fantastic Service,
Really Good Food, Great Prices, what more
Could anyone ask for. We enjoyed this so well that we stopped back to eat here on our
way home to Ga the following day. Yea it's that Good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere