“Great food, fast, affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 357 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dalton, Georgia
“Great food, fast, affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant In route to Nashville and have since eaten there 3 more times passing by on interstate. It is a classic, kind, delicious restaurant. The prices are amazing. We fed our family of 5 for 26.87!!! The staff is so kind and attentive. The surprise for us was the option for chicken soup, when I noticed everyone around me had it, I has to try. It's hard to imagine raving over chicken soup...but it is sooo great. Last time I had a cold, I was wishing we lived near wanting some. Kids loved their meals. I got brown butter spaghetti w mushrooms which was delicious! It feels like a Greek/Italian mix. The price, the courteous staff the the great taste....it is hard to pass this up! Our new fave! Be prepared for a large crowd. We have always entered standing room only and never waited more than 30 min.

“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Everyone raves about this place, but I think it is the run of the mill eatery. Yes they have good food that is your typical food. However, it just seems sub par for anything other than a quick cheap eat. They do have good service but this place is geared towards more of the crowd that prefers Ryan's buffet or simple food that is not really anything to rave about. As for Italian, Carrabbas, Marino's, Macaroni Grille offer more authentic Italian food.

The plus is, it is cheap and quick.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Excellent service...okay food-good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The service is impeccable, even to the point that you are in and out very quickly...if you want a relaxed meal, this is not it. The servers are sweeping the floor around you when they are not whisking away your dishes. The last time I went, the server swept by our table twice-and we hadn't spilled anything! The menu prices are reasonable-as they should be- for the food is very unremarkable-except for the chicken soup and the steaks, which are very good. We usually order take out so we can eat quietly at home. They do not serve real butter with their baked potato which always irks me! I think it is a blend. Even so, if you want to take your family to a restaurant with tablecloths and drink out a glass instead out of plastic or mason jars, then you will have a good value for the money. I have heard that the Demos restaurants in Nashville are better but have never compared.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
McMinnville, Tennessee
“We go here every chance we get”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This restaurant is a unique experience. I love the lasagna and my wife loves the pasta. if you are a steak eater, I am not, their steaks are second to none. You will not need any steak sauce. I also love the sweet tea here, they bring you a liquid sweetener that makes the tea out of this world. The service is first class and you'll feel treated like a king here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Can't believe it is #2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can't believe this place is #2. Demos' is a must for anyone near Murfreesboro. The food and the service are fantastic. Mrs. Joyce Demos recently passed away, and the service has declined a little.. but it is still a WONDERFUL place to eat! Great for families or couples!

• Visited November 2012