“Clean room, needs new beds ” 3 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1954 S. Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Clean room, needs new beds ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My family and I were trying to get home to Illinois from Florida and had to stop and sleep. We hadn't made any reservations and simply pulled off of the interstate and prayed for the best. The hotel appeared full but they had a room available at a reasonable rate. The room appeared to be clean. The bathroom was very tiny. The door barely cleared the toilet. The only true complaint I have would be the beds. They were hard as a rock. But all in all it was sufficient.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
abvimurfreesboro, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Candice S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share a review with us. I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I completely embrace your concerns about our beds. Please know that we are in the process of replacing our mattresses. We hope that you stay with us again and experience the difference!

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Murfreesboro, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our first stay here was about 1 year ago. We were back in the area in May and June 2014 for Ministry and was in need of lodging, we chose here again. The price was right for our big room.
It was equipped with micro/refrigerator a nice flat screen T.V., nice heavy towels, king bed.
At check-in we were greeted with a smile and friendly welcome. Was convenient to dining and shopping. The added feature was the pool which made our stay a bit more refreshing and
relaxing. We recommend this place, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Easy on - off interstate. Corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Judy P,

I am so glad that you decided to return. It is repeat customers such as you which define our success in the lodging industry. We hope to see you on return visits in the future.

Murfreesboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Well, I have had to stay here before on business a few times, but this was the first time I was ANGRY and felt totally ripped off immediately. First off, I paid $48 a night for 2 nights the previous time I stayed, and this time I was charged $118 for the 2 nights. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned, the sheets looked like they had just been flipped over, the AD said "microwave and fridge in room"...well, this was the first room I have stayed in in YEARS that DIDN'T have a microwave at all, and the fridge was barely big enough for a gallon of juice and a 6-pack of beer. Oh but that's not even the worst of it. I wake up to head out for work, get in the shower and I counted a total of 10 (TEN) spider bites on my left foot, leg, side, arm, and hand...obviously they weren't poisonous or I would be dead...and on top of that, the in room AC unit only worked on fan. It did not COOL at all. Why bother trying to complain to a front desk guy who cant even speak English to begin with, when I KNOW I won't get any satisfaction?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ryan C,

Thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you experienced while staying with us. I regret that you had such an unpleasant stay. I am not sure why you were not able to take the time to inform us. Although we are an exterior property, we have a licensed pest company which routinely treats our rooms. Unfortunately, we cannot prevent all issues from happening as this is beyond our control.

Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The rooms look very nice and APPEAR to be clean. The free "high speed internet" is a total joke. I couldn't keep a connection longer than 30 seconds. Nowhere on the property including the lobby was I connected to the WiFi. When I got in bed, my foot felt something, and it was some crumbs from POTATO chips. I don't know how or why this was here. This just tells me this room wasn't thoroughly cleaned or inspected. Never again will I stay here.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. Don't let the nice look fool you!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear L J,

I appreciate that fact that you took time to share a review with us. I am sorry that you experienced issues with WIFI. We are currently working on providing better WIFI signal. Since our property is exterior with brick walls, sometimes the signal doesn't travel as good through certain sections. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Never have I stayed in a motel where you were not allowed to carry your own coffee cup but was required to use their stirefoam cups. I have never stayed in a place where you were not allowed to carry food back to your room. Was watched like i was some type criminal while eating in their breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Stay on the side that has been remodled - rooms 101-135. Rooms on the other side and back stink and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear RobertYorkGeorgia,

Thank you for providing a traveler review with us. I am sorry but we must enforce strict controls on our breakfast. If we allow everyone to fill up thermos and large mugs of coffee, we would not be able to control our breakfast costs which would result in higher room rates. In addition, we try and limit breakfast consumption to the seating area as crumbs from food in our guestrooms attracts insects.

Downers Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Unreal.
We decided to drive down to our time-share in Florida for spring break this year. I booked this through booking.com, using a non-refundable discounted rate.
At 11pm, we called the hotel to assure them we would be arriving late. When we arrived at 1:30am, they gave us keys to a smoking room (we requested non-smoking) Upon walking in after a 18 hour day, with the last 8 in the car, there were no beds in the room! Was this a room for the undead? (Bring your own coffins???) Bedding was in a crumpled mess in the back, to the right of the sink area. What happened in that room recently???
I slammed the door shut immediately, and we went downstairs, and were told, that was the last room. But wait, you say, wasn't the room non-refundable, which means the hotel CAN'T GIVE IT AWAY TO SOMEONE ELSE???
Then the "management" offered another room in a hotel 25 miles away! Did we get any discount you ask?
HAHA
Booking.com was great. We are still waiting for this hotel's "management" to comp us for additional time and expense of their other hotel room. What ever happened to customer service?
I would stay away from this hotel, unless you prefer no service and for that matter, no beds in your room!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wildwood, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Walk into room and first thing you see is a stained and torn box spring, Yuk!! it looked like it was picked up off the street and a dog had peed on the side of it, disgusting! Would not stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear barb g,

Thank you for voicing your concerns with us. There is never any excuse for not providing reasonable accommodations. Please know that we are currently updating our rooms with new mattresses. We hope that this will enhance the overall experience for future travelers. I apologize for any inconveniences.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Murfreesboro, TN

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!