“Decent stay for the price!” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1954 S. Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Nashville, Tennessee
“Decent stay for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was expecting a horrible experience with the budget I had. America's Best Value Inn provided me with decent accomodations for $55. Their weekly rate sounded great too, around $210 if I remember correctly. The front desk guy was really nice which made the stay better. The room was clean, bed and sheets were white (no stains whatsoever), and they smelled clean. The only complaint I had was one of three towels in the bathroom had a huge fuzz on it. It looked like someone threw a towel covered in cat hair in the washer and dryer, producing a cleaned towel with a big wad of fuzz. I was pretty turned off and had clean towels brought to me. Despite that little issue I would say I would reccomend staying here to those that are somewhat laid back lol. For the money it is a good place to stay. I have seen worse for the same rate! :)

• Stayed April 2013
abvimurfreesboro, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Dijon59,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and reasonable rates. I apologize for the issue with the towels and for giving us a chance to make it right. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Kenny, GM
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Murfreesboro, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights. We were there for a baseball tournament and really needed a cheap clean place to sleep. This was it!! My in laws were happy with their room too. There were some updates made in the room: bathroom sink, fresh paint. We will remember and stay here the next time !

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Sue J,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean microfridges and reasonable rates. If you decide to return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Cumming, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for the first time last night and was very pleased. I had given up on Motel 6's, Best Westerns and Days Inns but thought I would try this chain. Price was good, clean, fridge and micro and free wi-fi. Nice modern shower. Will stay at America's Best Inns again.

Room Tip: Get a downstairs room if you have any trouble with stairs and walking as it is a long walk to the se...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rosiee0916,

Thank you for sharing a review with our staff. Exams can be very stressful indeed! I am glad to know that you enjoyed our clean rooms, continental breakfast, and friendly service. I share your concerns about our smoking rooms. We are in the process of painting, installing new vanities, carpeting, mattresses, and bedding. We hope that these enhancements will improve the overall experience.

Benton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay. The room were very clean and had a lot of space. The service was great and I enjoyed the breakfast. The managers were very helpful and seemed not to mind answering any questions or needs I had. The price was very reasonable. I plan to stay with this same hotel when I am in Murfreesboro again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Morristown, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

So I needed a place to stay while travelling to Murfreesboro to sit for the Tennessee Bar Exam. Broke as a joke, I chose this place. All in all, I have to say it was a decent stay for the price and I have definitely seen worse. But I've also seen alot better too.

On the upside, I didn't see any bugs at all. But I did feel the need to not use the bedspread (it had cigarette burns and questionable cleanliness) and check the base of the mattress for signs of bedbugs (there wern't any). There was the distinct smell of habitual insect treatments, but I suppose that is a good thing. I also felt the need to wear my shower shoes, which I planned ahead and had with me.

I got a smoking room 'cuz let's face it, needed lots of cigarettes in betweeen exam days, but the rooms must be poorly ventilated. Not that I cared at that moment, but the room was really, super smoky smelling when I arrived. After I left, I can't even imagine the stench. I do know that every piece of clothing I had brought with me reeked of smoke, including my winter coat.

The breakfast was decent and the staff pleasant and helpful. If I had to go again with the same budget, I would return.

Room Tip: The street makes a lot of noise that can be heard in the front rooms, choose one at the rear of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cullman, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friend has been staying here for the past couple of years whenever he traveled to Murfreesboro and finally convinced me to stay there recently. The rates are very good and our rooms where very clean. That is important to me!!! You have free wifi, microwave, refrigerator...what else do you need. I didn't use the continental breakfast but it looked good. Folks remember it is continental so don't think it is going to have everything YOU want. It is a very nice service. Kenney (owner) was so nice and I believe he really cares about how his hotel is represented. I would encourage folks to check it out and not spead those extravagant rates other motels/hotels are asking. Especially if you aren't planning on living in the room!!!
Great place Kenny - keep updating and providing good accomodations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Linda D,

Our staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free WIFI, microfridges, and friendly service. We hope that you continue to stay with us!

Savannah, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been staying at ABVI in Murfreesboro for 3 years since I work at the VA. It is a safe economical place to stay. Also, Kenny has recently done renovations to most of the rooms and they are well appointed and more up to date which I like. Kenny and the staff are very easy to work with.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brobdig,

On behalf of our team at Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. We have been doing alot of work, including painting, installing new carpets, vanities, and soon mattresses. If you decide to return to the Murfreesboro area, come see us again!