“Unusual - Definitely Not Demo's” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 341 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Peter D's, the newest concept in the Demos Family of Restaurants. The Demos family has built a strong reputation in the Middle TN Region for providing exceptional food and service and Peter D's is no exception, located right outside of the Avenue's shopping area in Murfreesboro. Peter D's offers a beautiful, casual atmosphere with a sense of humor- perfect for a date night, night out with the girls, guys night out to watch the game, or a fun night with your family. Enjoy a fantastic concoction at our cozy bar or catch the game and eat dinner in our dining area or on the outdoor patio. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Peter D's offers a diverse menu that is sure to please everyone ranging from a gourmet Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich (PB Extreme) to a generously cut and equally tasty New York Strip. Other unique favorites include the ever popular Rueben Fritters for an appetizer and the unbelievably delicious Death By Quinoa Chocolate Cake (perfect for ANYONE but especially those with gluten sensitivity). Peter D's menu is sure to please any palate!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Unusual - Definitely Not Demo's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I am glad I gave this place about a month to simmer in my brain before I did this review. I walked out of there.....well, let's say a little confused. Though I had seen the menu online, I was still not sure what to expect. And after leaving, I think I was still a bit in the dark. But let me say, it interested me enough to definitely go back sometime.

Knowing that Peter D's is definitely associated with the ownership at Demo's, I had to quickly get it out of my head that it was the same good food for a good value as Demo's. It is hard to not and try to make comparisons. But let's face it, it is their goal to give us a completely different experience in a locally created restaurant that has the feel of larger chain restaurants.

The restaurant from the time you enter with the pennies on the floor is interesting. The fire burning. The whiskey barrels hanging. They are doing what they can to put you in a certain environment. We sat at a booth by the wall. I was facing a direction where I did not see a lot of the restaurant well, so I will have to definitely try to sit somewhere different next time to get a different perspective.

The menu is unusual. My girlfriend and I decided to get an appetizer ("Get Things Rolling") and then share a sandwich. We went with the Nachotizers with Buffalo Chicken. I was not totally impressed with the dish as I didn't get much chicken. The blue cheese on this was potent at times. Let's suffice to say that this was interesting. We then shared one of the "Hand Held Cows", the Panko Crusted Blue Cheese Burger with fries. This was a big burger. The blue cheese was literally panko crusted and fried and placed on the burger like it was a tomoto or something. Very tasty and interesting. After leaving Peter D's, I had a strage taste in my being. I think it was because of all the blue cheese. Next time, I will not order that as it seemed to "fire back."

However, I have to note one thing on the menu. I did not get it, but a dude at the table beside us had what I think is called the "Three Pigs and a Chicken." This was the largest sandwich I had ever seen. Pork chop, bacon, ham and an egg on a bun. Heck, next time I go I just want to order it so everyone can go "what the heck is that?"

One issue. I had read that coke products were provided in the tiny 8 oz. bottles, so I opted for water as we had been to Uncle Dave Macon Days and was very thirsty. Little did I know is that they gave you an EXTREMELY small glass with ice. Then they brought you a small glass container to fill your small glass. It was like they brought you this and you were playing at a little kid's tea party or something. Come on Peter D's, give us a real glass of water. This might look cool, but it is sooooooooooooo impractical.

So my honest assessment. When I left last month, I didn't have any intention of going back anytime soon. As time has transpired, I have softened a bit. I want to go back and try something different. And maybe this time I can go in not trying to compare Peter D's to Demo's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

nashville
“The best Rueben Sandwich in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was my first visit to this restaurant, but it won't be my last. The wait stay are attentive, the food was absolutely amazing and the atmosphere of the place definitely makes it a winner in my book.

• Visited August 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had to wait for a while to be seated, but I find this is the normal for this restaurant. Once we were seated and had our menu in hand, I was a little disappointed because it seemed the meals were uninteresting and overpriced. That opinion changed once we actually got our meals, and I was able to taste some of the best Grilled Pork chops I have ever ate, with the surprise of finding some delicious cheesy stuffed dressing underneath that made this one of the best meals I had eat in quite a while.
The wait staff were pleasant and prompt, and kept our glasses full of perfectly sweetened iced tea and the whole atmosphere for the restaurant was pleasing, right down to the flooring in the entrance that consisted of thousands of pennies.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Wow, you have to check out the menu and all the unique items! Like the Peanut Butter Bacon Burger....I wasn't quite that adventurous but had "The Portobello Way" sandwich which was absolutely delicious. Great service, great environment. Will definitely return if ever back in town.

Kentucky, United States
“New Restaurant Worth a Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Delicious, unique, innovative food! Excellent service! Staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. We loved the interesting,, inviting decor! A very good restaurant for conversation. Will definitely return and will recommend to friends and family!