“Off the a great start!” 3 of 5 stars

615-848-1777
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 356 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Nashville, Tennessee
“Off the a great start!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The decor is exquisite and romantic. We arrived on a Wednesday night around 7:30 and although we requested to eat outside we were told that they only serve Hor'derves and drinks in outside seating. Next they tried to seat our party of three at a large round table for 6-8. We asked to be moved to a booth and were seated right away at a center booth immediately and we were grateful! The waiter was great and service was fast. The water service is a nice touch but we assumed that bread is not served either before or with meals in the establishment because none was provided or offered at any time. It would be nice to have bread of some type with a $28 entree.
The waiter was wonderful and the food was delivered fast. The portobello Grill was a delightful appetizer however the salad was nothing special. My daughter was the Caribbean style swordfish and thought that the topping was a nice touch. My other daughter ordered the sirloin with sweet potato fries and those fries had her bragging on this restaurant the next day. I tried the cowboy cut ribeye with the Portobello Bacon cream sauce and was very impressed. The dessert menu is very limited and almost not worth the trouble. However, we did try the Nutella mousse and it was mediocre to say the least.
We will return again for the entrees and hope that they improve on some of the areas of their restaurant offerings. Overall the atmosphere is very relaxing, the entrees great and the service was great!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Tennessee
“Unique menu, strange way to serve beverages, pros & cons....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We visited for the 1st time on a Saturday at lunchtime. There was no wait and we were immediately seated. The décor inside was definitely different. There were pennies everywhere - on the floors, walls, etc.

After realizing that the cokes were served in tiny little bottles (not unlimited refills in a glass), we both just ordered water. They gave us small little glasses of ice with one tall glass bottle of water. We were both very thirsty and tempted to drink straight from the tall bottle! Our poor waiter had to bring probably 6-8 of those tall glasses of water. His service was exceptional and we never ran out.

We started looking at the menu and immediately realized we weren't at a "typical" restaurant with normal menu items. Everything on the menu has some sort of a twist to it. I agree with a previous poster who described this as a "think outside the box" restaurant. I am a very picky eater, so we had a hard time deciding what to try. Also, the prices were a little higher than I had expected.

We ended up selecting an appetizer - the Buffalo Chicken Nachos (pic provided). This was nachos with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese on top. I must admit we were both pleased with the selection and loved the taste. However, after our meal, something in this came back to haunt us in the form of acid reflux - as if the buffalo sauce just wanted to come back up. As crazy as it may sound, even though I experienced this, I'd still order it again if I went back!

For our entrée, we ended up selecting a Panko Blue Cheese Crusted Burger and fries. We split this and it's a good thing we did or else we would have had leftovers. The entrée portions are huge here. There were some guys at a table near us that ordered different items and their plates were so massive that it made everyone around us laugh. The one who ordered the sandwich called 3 Pigs and a Chicken seemed embarrassed by the amount of food on his plate. Our burger was very good, cooked as requested, very DIFFERENT tasting with the seasonings they used, but something I'd definitely get again.

Now for the not so positive experiences.....
The manager made a presence during our entire visit. She went to all the tables to ask how they liked their food, which is a good thing. However, she chewed our waiter right out in the open for not putting silverware on a table so new customers could be seated. I believe she should have pulled him to the side to talk to him rather than making a scene. After she stomped away, he looked over towards our table with a defeated look and it was obviously an awkward moment. He was one of the best waiters I have had in a long time - extremely efficient, friendly, genuinely explained the menu to us and answered any concerns, continuously checked to see if we needed anything else, etc. The manager just needs to realize that these types of conversations shouldn't take place in the middle of the dining room.

Before we left, I visited the restrooms. Very cool décor with the fancy sinks and pennies all over the walls. It appeared to be cleaner than most restaurants. However, there was used condom on the floor, which was quite disturbing!

Overall, it was very good and I am sure we will definitely go back. I'm sure there are still some kinks to work out since the restaurant hasn't been open very long. Give it a try! Just be sure that you don't go in expecting boring food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing new restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We enjoyed Peter D's for my mother's birthday last weekend. There is not one bad thing I can say about this place. My mother called ahead and was told to come by a certain time to get a table before the crowd. We arrived around 5 and walked right in. We were seated immediately and our server was great. I'm sorry I don't remember her name but she was wonderful. Her recommendations were spot on and her service was fast and accurate. One of our steaks didn't have the topping so she immediately took it back to the kitchen. It seemed like within seconds the manager was over there checking on our dinner and asking why we didn't have all of our meals. We told her our server was taking care of us and she was back quickly with our steaks. I can't remember the last time I had such great service at a restaurant.
Now the food...REALLY GOOD! Our party had a variety of items, steak, pork chops, and ribs. Everyone was very satisfied with their meal. Also, I recommend the Reuben Fritter appetizer. I could have ate a whole plate of just those. There is also an outdoor eating area with 2 large screen televisions. That could definitely be fun during football season!
The food, the service, the prices and the atmosphere were all top notch and I would definitely eat there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I have eaten there several times. The steaks are better than most chain restaurants. The menu is limited and we do not like the way serve coke or the water. Just give me a glass with ice and water. But we will go back because the food is good. Also we have never had bad service on any visit.

Smyrna, Tennessee
“Great decor...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I did love the decor and the staff that waited on us were very nice and efficient. We went for a later lunch on a Saturday. The place wasn't that busy so we were seated right away which was nice. The food was decent but definitely not worth the price we paid for food, one appetizer, and a couple of pints of beer. The part that bugged me was that when the staff was on break, they sat at the long table in the bar area right next to our table which to me was just unprofessional. Two managers even conducted business from that same table. My boyfriend and I decided that it would not be a regular dining place for us but maybe every once in a while.

• Visited June 2014