“Must have caught them on a bad night...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
murfreesboro tn
“Must have caught them on a bad night...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Parthenon before (many years ago) and really liked the place.
We were really looking forward to it and were unfortunately disappointed. The service was good, and we really liked the new building! We ordered the bacon wrapped scallops ($10) for an appetizer which was pretty good and we would order it again, no question.

My husband ordered Chicken San Marino and Shrimp with Seasonal Vegetables ($14). His chicken was good but the shrimp had NO seasoning (no salt or anything).
I ordered the Tortellini Italiano ($16). The dish was so bland it was like eating a glass of milk. No garlic, no pepper, no salt, nothing! We both agreed we must have come on a night when the cook was having an off-day! It was very apparent (especially my dish) that there is no way these two dishes are prepared this way normally. I ate very little of my dish and asked for a box so I could spice it up at home.
The bread that was served with our meals was really, really good. We will try this place again sometime in the future but will probably not order the two dishes we ordered yesterday again.
Our bill (including 1 water and 1 soda) was $46, which is pretty expensive, but worth it if it was prepared correctly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Warner Robins, Georgia
“Interesting Delight in Murfeesboro TN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I had looked for this place the last time I was driving through on the interstate but since there is not a good sign on the street I passed it and my GPS pointed me to an older blue building right by the northbound ramp. But I fount it this time and so glad...The restaurant is family owned by a Greek couple, really nice people. Being Greek I also felt immediately welcome! So I had the 1/2 doz oysters, Greek Side sandwich with green beans and a Chicken sandwich. All very nice except the oysters I felt were a little mushy in the mouth. I am not the resident authority on raw oysters but I feel confident in saying these oysters had a softer feel, almost a fatty feel while eating the first one. I sent the rest back, could not finish the first one. The Greek Salad was one of the better restaurant Greek salads I have ever eaten! The samdwich was HUGE, heck you could share that with another person. Green beans fantastic. I sure wish they had a restaurant like this where I live. Nice classy place, good people and good food.

Visited April 2013
Cumming, Georgia
“Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

After seeing all the reviews I was a little leery. I was having a work dinner here with 20+ people. We had a private room (one of several) which is excellent with such a large party. The food was good and service great. I'll be keeping this place in mind if I am up this way again for a large meeting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Excellent Food and Service in a "Plain Jane" Modern Minimalist Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The New Parthenon Grille Lacks the Elegance and Ambiance of the Former Parthenon Steak House, which was located across the street for decades! That being said I will add that the food and service at lunch were excellent and the cloth napkins and complimentary birthday dessert were nice touches. Two adults ate well under $30 at lunch, including tip, although the dinner menu for evenings is considerably higher. I have rated this 4 stars instead of 5 because I found the modern minimalist decor unappealing. Others may like that "plain Jane" look so many restaurants are doing now . . . my husband and I don't.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“First time will not be the last.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for the first time a week ago. We had excellent food and service, and the drinks were excellent. Decent selection of Scotches. The rack of lamb was superb, very tender, perfectly spiced and a perfect medium. As for dessert, don't think of NOT trying the baclava!
No complaints, perfect experience. If you are in the area, this place has the complete experience. The steaks are excellent as well. Nice choices of Mediterranean dishes...