“"Food for the Soul"” 5 of 5 stars

615-896-0520
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 350 restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Chesapeake, Virginia
“"Food for the Soul"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited Kleer Vu, while in town and it was as good as I remember. They have always had amazing food and was my place to reconnect with home while I was in school at MTSU. It really brought back some great memories. If you are ever in Murfreesboro, TN, or for that matter close to the area, it would be worth the trip to eat at Kleer Vu!! Outstanding food that still feeds the soul.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Special Homecooked Restaurant - Takes Me to My Happy Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have lived in Murfreesboro all my life. I loved my grandmother's cooking. When I discovered the Kleer-Vu, I found many of the styles and tastes of my grandmother's cooking. The mac n cheese, lumpy potatoes, WONDERFUL corn, chicken and dressing, black eyed peas. It all is great. The peach cobbler and the hot water cornbread area also some of the best I have ever tasted. Honestly, if I take a bite and shut my eyes, I am back to my childhood at my grandmother's eating Saturday dinner. It takes me to my happy place

Everyone, don't let the location fool you. Or the exterior. Heck, don't let the interior fool you. THIS IS GREAT FOOD. It is run by a black family and is located a couple blocks off East Main Street in an area that is not the greatest. I am white and many of the people that go there are as well. GO.......and eat and enjoy this very special gift we have in Murfreesboro!!!

• Visited July 2013
gambia
“Kleer-Vu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a small soul food restaurant. Food is delicious and cooked with ample seasonings. Family owned, has been around for over twenty years.

Visited April 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“A Decent "Meat & Three"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Cafeteria style restaurant, old but clean. The dining crowd was an eclectic mix which included downtown lawyers, business execs, retirees and blue collar workers. All seemed to enjoy their meals and from the greetings extended by the restaraunt proprietors, most patrons were regulars.

I was guided here by my business client who eats here often. I enjoyed the down home fare and atmosphere very much. The only downside is that it's located far from the Interstate. If you're not in Murfreesboro already, the drive may be daunting.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Soul Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Kleer-Vu is the best soul food in Murfreesboro! It's simple and to the point, with their choices displayed on a sign and a lunchroom tray ready for you to use. I always get the fried chicken and all the sides are wonderful. The bread they serve with the meals is always great as well. People say that their location is bad, but honestly, it's a block from Main Street and Central Middle School. For example, you'll see the nicest of cars next to not-the-nicest-of-cars in the parking lot because everyone knows this is great food, no matter who you are. Don't miss out on this great restaurant!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Kleer-Vu Lunchroom? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Kleer-Vu Lunchroom, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.