“Boycott Indian Hills GC” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 attractions in Murfreesboro
Type: Golf Courses
Attraction Details
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“Boycott Indian Hills GC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I’m writing about my dissatisfaction with the way I was treated by the owner of Indian Hills Golf Course. Not only am I dissatisfied with the way he spoke to me but I also feel he’s developed a bias towards me for reasons explained later in this complaint.

The event occurred today, Saturday August 31, 2013. I had purchased a tee time online for 1:52pm for a single. I arrived at 1:20pm due to outgoing and incoming inclement weather. I knew the course would be slower than usual, and in the past there’s never been a problem with starting early. Especially since I was playing alone. When I asked if I could go ahead and tee off because I was by myself he told me no and that I had to wait the 20 minutes and play with people I don’t know. If the place was busy I completely understand that, but it wasn’t. It was also obvious more inclement weather was on the way. I got the distinct feeling that he was trying to be difficult. I let him know I wasn't happy about waiting or the fact that he was making me play with people I don't know when it was as slow as it was. The only players were a threesome ahead of me. Nobody waiting. Nobody in the parking lot. They had even asked if anyone was behind them. I grudgingly conceded and went to hole one to wait. At approximately 1:45, 20 or so minutes after check-in, nobody has teed off since the threesome, there’s still nobody in sight and by now the thunder and lightning had started. I then went to ask for a rain check, which I've always received in the past, whether I purchased online or not. He said he couldn't do that even with the weather. This is the owner saying this now. I purchased 18 holes, and if I can’t play due to inclement weather he has the authority to write a rain check. He said these were all rules. If they are they aren’t posted and he’s the only one enforcing them. I’ve never had these issues with any of his other employees. I've never had an issue with any other staff member. I contacted the vendor and they said that the course can write a rain check as well and that they couldn't believe he wouldn't. They apologized and insisted I take a discount from them. He did give me my money back, however that came with a “don’t come back.” All very loud and very rude. Not once trying to make his customer happy. This all comes a month or so after our last disagreement where I said I wouldn’t be back due to his treatment. He brought that up today and that’s the reason I believe for my treatment today and him acting biased towards me.

The owner said these were all rules. I didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary. When I say the course was empty, it was empty. Had a few guys in the club house, but they'd been playing all day. The first few holes and the beginning of the back nine I know were empty. That's part of the reason why it was so frustrating. What pace would I had messed up as a single at that particular time? A few weeks ago I had played nine and decided I wanted to play the full eighteen. In the past they charge you the difference. He wanted to charge me more than I would have paid had I originally bought eighteen instead of nine. He was charging me 9 holes twice rather than the difference for eighteen. Come on man. The owner of the club acting like this. Even after I said I'd take my business elsewhere and never come back. Leads me to believe hes looking for a certain clientele. I don't even drink and almost always play alone so it's not like I'm a trouble maker. I'm a professional that doesn't look like one and I almost felt discriminated against.

Middle Tennessee has a lot of good golf courses. If you have a choice I highly recommend playing somewhere else so that you don't have what happened to me happen to you. Other courses you never have issues like this. Never did at this course until new ownership, and even then only when he's at the register. Boycott Indian Hills Golf Course.

Visited August 2013

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Public Golf Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A nice public golf course with plenty of challenge. Reasonably priced. Friendly staff. Located within two miles of I-24.

Visited July 2013
Tullahoma, Tennessee
35 attraction reviews
“Local Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Indian Hills is by far the best course in the Murfreesboro area. You get all the feel of a private club, while maintaining the accessibility of a municipal course. There is ample selection for food and drink (and beers) and the pro shop is quite adequate as well. The course is always in great shape and can be a little bit of a challenge on a blustery day. It is a fun outing and an average $50 round.

Visited April 2013
Okemos, Michigan
317 attraction reviews
“A very nice course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Played Indian Hills Golf Course in August 2012 on my way to Atlanta. The course is an 18-hole par72. It measures 6741-yards from the blue tees, 6305 from the whites and 5732 from the yellow. There are also a set of red tees. Course was in nice condition and staff was helpful. Worth playing.

Visited August 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
“Great course with all the practice facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I truly enjoy playing at Indian Hills. They have a great challenging course for any skill level. The have a great driving range, nice chip and putting green.

Visited October 2012