“Excellent food and great for large groups” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: 615-890-4187
Description: 615-890-4187
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Excellent food and great for large groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ate here for a business dinner with seven other people. You normally expect the service to be a little slower with such a large group, but not the case here. Our waitress was very fast and did a great job.

I had the parmesan crusted chicken sandwich with French fries and it was delicious. We also shared a couple of appetizers and the pretzels with cheese dip was the best pretzels I have ever had. Everyone was very satisfied with their food and service.

It is very convenient to the shops as it sits on the main road in front of a huge shopping center.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Smyrna, Tennessee
“1st visit - a lot of cows would have been sacrificed for my dining pleasure had I known before how good it was!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The wife and I had a Sunday afternoon lunch at the Smyrna location with the in-laws. We were seated immediately at an oversized booth that was great. Really like the manly atmosphere of the place – cowboy up. There is a large selection of entrees. The current special – while a good deal – isn’t as good as it appears in the commercial. The steak: 6 ounce sirloin. Good choice of side items. I got the loaded baked potato. It was a small to medium sized potato and had been baked awhile. They advertise it as a three course – salad, entrée w/side and dessert. What the commercial doesn’t tell you is there are only 2 dessert choices. One is about 8 cinnamon dough bites drizzled with raspberry sauce and serve with a small side of the same sauce. They were hot and delicious. The other choice was a peanut butter cup sundae that no one tried.

Everybody got steak. I got the marinated flat iron steak with stuffed portabella mushrooms. Remember, I had never been here and should have asked how it was prepared. “Stuffed” portabella turned out to be sliced with cheese and brown gravy served over the steak. I took the menu suggestion and ordered it medium rare. It WAS good, but I prefer my steak with A1 and it didn’t pair well with the gravy, but the gravy helped bring the baked potato back to life. My wife and her mom got the special and the 6 ounce sirloin that came with it. You could upgrade to a larger steak or a Flo’s filet. She ordered medium, it came medium rare, but she liked it. My mother-in-law got the sirloin cooked well and it was cooked shoe leather – but she was happy with it. They upgraded the side item for $1.59 to the Parmesan Brussels Sprouts. Great flavor, but rich! Oh, and the salads - while generic - were a decent size. The dressings we had - blue cheese and ranch - were excellent.

Father-in-law ordered the 9 ounce Flo’s Filet – Just WOW! Fortunately for me – he had pretty much filled up on salad and bread, so I got about 3 ounces of his mouth-watering, cut with a fork, medium rare steak! He got the baked sweet potato which was large and to his liking.

I have a birthday coming up soon, so I think I may just have myself my own Flo’s Filet! I would recommend Longhorn to anyone – just wish I had tried it sooner.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Came here to meet my family for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent. Everything cooked to perfection. The staff was friending, engaging and caring. The manager came over and talked as well. Love the people here and the food. Good environment. Great drinks (margaritas) as well. We eet in Murfreesbor often as a meeting place/exchange for grandchild exchange. This is a one of my favorite places to eat now. Loved it!

DOVER
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went for lunch,this was our first time at this location. We got seated right away and had wonderful service, the waiter suggested a great margarita , and he was right!! The food came out quick and was wonderful!

• Visited August 2013
Waverly, Tennessee
“Good food, good service, interior has "funk" smell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I ate here for lunch recently with a business collegue and the first thing I noticed upon entering was a repugnant "funk" smell. Since my co-worker and I were on a tight lunch schedule, there wasn't a choice to go elsewhere. I had eaten here before, but it had been probably a year prior. I tried to breathe through my mouth to avoid the unpleasant sensation of eating while simultaneously breathing in the odor. I believe that the odor is the result of carpet that desparately needs to be replaced and my theory is based on some pretty solid experience with this particular malodorous "funk". I once worked in a field that dealt with in-home services for folks who live at or below the poverty level. An unfortunate majority of these clients are forced to live in horrid rentals that landlords don't maintain and in many of the rentals, I encountered the "funk" smell because of carpet that needed replaced and had acquired cumulative smells of pets, food, and other accidents that don't bear mention. Many of my clients would try to clean the carpet and this would result in a worse combination of smells - the smell of bleach and funk combined. There's only so much you can do with carpet that is ruined. Thus, my familiarity with the "funk" smell and it's origins...........

So, as for the food and the service - it was all good and I had no problem with that at all, but it was hard to enjoy any of it with the smell permeating my dining experience.

• Visited May 2013