“Very Convenient place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Murfreesboro

You added Motel 6 Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Motel 6 Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   148 Chaffin Place, I-24 at SR 96, Exit #78-B/#78, Murfreesboro, TN 37130   |
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
New Concord, Kentucky
“Very Convenient place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arrived on Friday afternoon and stayed until Monday morning. The room was very clean and nice. Any employees we came in contact with were very nice. The air conditioner was noisy and when they found out they were quick to try to move us to another room. I would stay there again when we return to the area next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

got checked in to our room and it smelled like cat pea yuk i went to front desk and they gave us another room that didnt have a microwave and refrig in it like we asked, this is the only hotel i have ever been in that did not have the little shampoos in it, and when we asked for extra pillows we were told no

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Winter Haven, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Let me start by saying I have stayed in this Motel 4 times in the last 2 years, until this time had pleasant stays. This time Sept 24, 2011 the room was dirty and noisy. I will say that this is the first time traveling with a pet (maybe they different room for people with pets). The floors were filthy and the bathroom was not any better. I believe that there are transients living there, and they were working on their cars all night. Had to stay because it waqs so late and were so tired, usually I do not put myself in that position. But as I ststed earlier I was familiar with the motel and thought I knew what I was doing. We slept on top of the covers because we were not sure the bed had been changed

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed at this location nearly a year ago, and I am still disgusted by my experience there. The bed covering smelled of urine and when I went down to the front desk to complain about this, and to ask for a clean blanket, I was told that they didn't have any extras! I did get some clean sheets and used these to cover myself for the night. If it hadn't been midnight when I got to the room, I would have left. I couldn't wait to get up and out of there the next day. My departing gift was to awaken to see 2 roaches crawling across the floor!

Looking back now, I should have packed up my stuff and left. Please don't stay here! I will never try to go cheap again...and I will never stay at another Motel 6!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! I wouldn't think that any room was worth it!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Van Buren, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on 9-4-11 and boy do we wish we would have paid a little extra and stayed down the street! We got a standard room (2 full size beds) for $55 (one night.) We opened the door to our Non Smoking room and noticed two things right off: It was hot as hell and second it smelled of stale smoke. I turned the AC on (which is pratically ON one of the beds because the bed is so close to the wall) and it had a bad "rattle" to it. I went to the bathroom to find the toilet running. I jiggled the handle a couple times but no such luck. Laid down to find the bed hard as a rock. We had to hunt for the TV remote. It was very difficult to sleep on "the rock" listening to the AC and the toilet taking turns making noise. Think next time we'll just sleep in the car!

• Stayed September 2011
Seymour, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

A friend and I stayed there a couple of nights when we were doing volunteer work at Stones River National Battlefield.
OK room for a couple of guys on the road without the wives.
Very basic room. No clock, hairdryer, or coffee makers in the rooms. Remote for the TV did not work even after I installed a couple of my own batteries.
Room was clean enough though there was a twist off beer cap that was visible under the sink that was there when we arrived and was there when we left.
Bedding appeared to be clean and fresh though my buddy discovered he only had one sheet on the bed. Manager did not believe us until he brought an extra sheet to the room.
If you want a very basic crash pad this is it though when we go back next year we will probably spend a few bucks more and stay at one of the other nearby motels.
The pool area did look clean and well maintained.
As a whole the inn could use some overall upkeep .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Middleburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The location and service were great. However, this place needs a LOT of help. Our room smelled dank, the carpet was horrible, and the window sill and air conditioning unit looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. With two kids travelling, I would NEVER put them in this place again.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Motel 6 Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!