“What a Dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Grosse Pointe
“What a Dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The whole place was dirty. Hallways were in desperate need of a good shampooing. Trash was piled up in the stairwell. I took one look at the room and headed out to Target to buy some cleaning product. I washed the kitchen floor and the total bathroom. Used 2 washcloths to get the counter and desk/tble clean. Dishes were in the cupboard but they had lumps of stuff on them. Had to wash them before I could feel safe to use them. Bed had springs cutting into your body nd curtains that didn't close all the wy, so the light from the parking lot shown in your face all night. Would NEVER go back no matter how cheap. If it wasn't for the clause in my reservation saying that if I checked out early, I'd still have to pay the whole time reserved, I would have left as soon as I opened the door to the hallway.

Room Tip: No room in this hotel is clean enough for your dog, let alone you and your family.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My family was having our home built and needed a place for 3 months this place was a Huge mistake to choice. First room we were put in the A\C unit leaked water which the carpet stayed soaked and the floor and wall wad full of mold.My family became very ill and we all had to go to the Dr and be treated it took this hotel 2 weeks to move us and did nothing to compensate our expense. They never fixed the problem and still put guest in this room now Its rm 331.The front desk gives out to anyone a key to rooms with out checking to see if they are a registered guest, and gives anyone your room number who ask both have happened to me ..bugs in rooms the open useof drugs and prostitution in this place is crazy police here constantly having to bring K9 in to do drug bust they never wash the comforters just terrible .I will Never stay at another Crestwood Suited again and discourage anyone from doing so as well....

• Stayed June 2014
Edgerton, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friend and I planned a girls weekend in Nashville for CMT Music Fest and booked at room at this hotel since everything closer to Nashville was full or more expensive. We reserved a non-smoking room with a queen bed. When we arrived, the outside of the hotel looked nice. Then we went inside. The lady at the desk barely looked up or spoke to us. She did mumble something about juggling rooms, but I didn't realize what she meant until later. She gave us our room keys and directed us around the building to park. Once we parked and went in the side door we realized that there was no elevator on that side of the building and so we had to carry all our luggage up to the third floor. There were a couple of creepy looking guys hanging around and I was reluctant to let them see what room we were going into. When we went in to our room, I immediately realized this was not going to be good. Our queen bed was actually a full sized bed, and the mattress was hard as a rock. The room was very small. There was a huge crack down the window. The carpet was stained, as was the only chair in the room. The bathroom was actually pretty clean. The worst part was the fact that the floor had both smoking and non-smoking rooms, so our non-smoking room smelled like the bottom of an ashtray. It was horrible. We both had headaches within 20 minutes. I went down and spoke to the lady at the desk and she told me they were actually overbooked and had no room with a queen bed. I said we could understand the bed, even though we didnt really want to be so close, but it was the smoke that was not good. She said to check back in the morning to see if we could be moved. We went down again later and asked if there was any chance of getting a rollaway bed. She didnt have any. Turns out she is actually the manager. So on my third trip down to see if there was ANYTHING that could be done, I asked for a refund for the next two nights and we left and checked into a different hotel. They were very nice about the refund. No trouble at all...they must get this a lot.

I would suggest that unless you dont mind smoke and small dirty rooms, then don't bother staying here. Spend the extra money and get a decent room elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hot Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I read all the reviews across multiple sites. Against my better judgement I booked a room. I needed a non smoking room with two beds so instead of using a booking site I called the hotel directly. I also wanted to know if the construction I had read about was completed. I spoke to Bonnie and she assured me that the construction was complete and confirmed that I would get a non smoking room.
We arrived at the hotel after a long day of driving with a very unhappy baby. We were ready to get some rest. The first sign that I had made a mistake was the unruly kids playing outside. I'm talking preteens cussing and jumping on and off the benches and posts.
As soon as I walked into the lobby I was overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't have a sensitive nose, so for me to smell it, it was significant. I went to the front desk and told the young lady I had a reservation. Her answer was "They didn't call you either?"
Apparently the hotel was overbooked and about six of us had been bumped. Although they had my phone number they did not have the professionalism or the consideration to call me and let me know I would have to make alternate arrangements. As a consolation prize the young lady handed me a sheet with the information of a nearby hotel and said they had the same rates, which they did not, nor did they have a kitchen area which we had planned on.
I was able to go on Priceline and book another hotel at a better price, so in the long run, they did me a favor.
My advice - don't even take a chance with this dump.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

First of all SHAME ON ME for not looking at the reviews before I booked this hotel. The pics online looked great however The place not so great. When we first arrived we had to walk through the ring of smoke from the smokers standing outside the front door. We waited for several minutes at the front desk to be checked in. As we stepped off the elevator there was a smell I can't explain. The place appeared to be under some construction because the hallway walls looked scraped with the dust still laying in the hallway floors. The room smell was just as bad. The bed appeared to broke down just old looking, TV outdated, We didn't sit down!!! Also you could hear the people above us stomping fighting or something. We immediately gathered our things checked back out and went to another hotel. Three police cars were in the parking lot as well. I thought maybe they were staying there but now maybe they were called there. NEVER NEVER NEVER will I book another hotel without reading the reviews.

Room Tip: Book another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Karen H, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

I was sorry to hear that the room you received wasn't as fresh as it could have been. I will most definitely be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping Team, reminding them to ensure that every room has that "fresh, clean" smell every day. I will also be checking to see that the air freshener we use is not too diluted so that it is not able to properly do it's job.

On a lighter note,you were correct that we are in the process of renovating. I would, however, like o apologize for our mess during your checkin time. We are always open to suggestions that might allow us to provide an even better product with even better service.

Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope that wherever your travels may take you, we will be your first choice for all of your lodging needs. If I may be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my parents to stay at because it was convenient for their travel plans. The pictures looked alright for a one night stay. Once my parents arrived they were told that they did not have a queen suite available,but they did have a room with a double bed. My parents are easy going and said that would be ok. As they walked to theor room they noticed the hallways looked like they had not been vacuumed I'm MONTHS. When they got to their "suite" they were checking the bed/linens and when they pulled back the comforter their blanket on the bed had a ton of hair all over it! They pulled the blanket off and examined the sheets and mattress and did not find any bed bugs(shockongly). Additionally, the cabinet door under the sink was broken off the hinges the smoke detector was literally dangling from the ceiling from a wire and the outlet in the wall had a huge hole surrounding the cover plate that could not possibly be safe or up to code. We don't need a fancy place to stay but this place was a dirty dump that is falling apart.

• Stayed February 2014
Karen H, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I'm concerned about the problem you experienced with your blanket at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my most sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The location and price of the hotel you really can't complain about.
The receptionist "Bonnie" is the only one I have found to be knowledgeable of customer service. Thanks Bonnie for doing a good job and at least communicating with the guests unlike other staff.

• Stayed December 2013
Karen H, Manager at Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Good afternoon,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay. I understand your busy schedule, and truly appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and services provided. I am pleased to see that we were able to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

I will most definitely be sharing your comments with our Team.

On a lighter note, I was pleased to see that, overall, you seemed to be satisfied with your stay. I would, however, like to ask if there is anything further we may be able to do to make your next stay even more satisfying...dare I say "Completely Satisfied"? We are always open to suggestions that might allow us to provide an even better product with even better service.

Regards,

Been to Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!