“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Edgerton, Missouri, United States
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friend and I planned a girls weekend in Nashville for CMT Music Fest and booked at room at this hotel since everything closer to Nashville was full or more expensive. We reserved a non-smoking room with a queen bed. When we arrived, the outside of the hotel looked nice. Then we went inside. The lady at the desk barely looked up or spoke to us. She did mumble something about juggling rooms, but I didn't realize what she meant until later. She gave us our room keys and directed us around the building to park. Once we parked and went in the side door we realized that there was no elevator on that side of the building and so we had to carry all our luggage up to the third floor. There were a couple of creepy looking guys hanging around and I was reluctant to let them see what room we were going into. When we went in to our room, I immediately realized this was not going to be good. Our queen bed was actually a full sized bed, and the mattress was hard as a rock. The room was very small. There was a huge crack down the window. The carpet was stained, as was the only chair in the room. The bathroom was actually pretty clean. The worst part was the fact that the floor had both smoking and non-smoking rooms, so our non-smoking room smelled like the bottom of an ashtray. It was horrible. We both had headaches within 20 minutes. I went down and spoke to the lady at the desk and she told me they were actually overbooked and had no room with a queen bed. I said we could understand the bed, even though we didnt really want to be so close, but it was the smoke that was not good. She said to check back in the morning to see if we could be moved. We went down again later and asked if there was any chance of getting a rollaway bed. She didnt have any. Turns out she is actually the manager. So on my third trip down to see if there was ANYTHING that could be done, I asked for a refund for the next two nights and we left and checked into a different hotel. They were very nice about the refund. No trouble at all...they must get this a lot.

I would suggest that unless you dont mind smoke and small dirty rooms, then don't bother staying here. Spend the extra money and get a decent room elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I read all the reviews across multiple sites. Against my better judgement I booked a room. I needed a non smoking room with two beds so instead of using a booking site I called the hotel directly. I also wanted to know if the construction I had read about was completed. I spoke to Bonnie and she assured me that the construction was complete and confirmed that I would get a non smoking room.
We arrived at the hotel after a long day of driving with a very unhappy baby. We were ready to get some rest. The first sign that I had made a mistake was the unruly kids playing outside. I'm talking preteens cussing and jumping on and off the benches and posts.
As soon as I walked into the lobby I was overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't have a sensitive nose, so for me to smell it, it was significant. I went to the front desk and told the young lady I had a reservation. Her answer was "They didn't call you either?"
Apparently the hotel was overbooked and about six of us had been bumped. Although they had my phone number they did not have the professionalism or the consideration to call me and let me know I would have to make alternate arrangements. As a consolation prize the young lady handed me a sheet with the information of a nearby hotel and said they had the same rates, which they did not, nor did they have a kitchen area which we had planned on.
I was able to go on Priceline and book another hotel at a better price, so in the long run, they did me a favor.
My advice - don't even take a chance with this dump.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

First of all SHAME ON ME for not looking at the reviews before I booked this hotel. The pics online looked great however The place not so great. When we first arrived we had to walk through the ring of smoke from the smokers standing outside the front door. We waited for several minutes at the front desk to be checked in. As we stepped off the elevator there was a smell I can't explain. The place appeared to be under some construction because the hallway walls looked scraped with the dust still laying in the hallway floors. The room smell was just as bad. The bed appeared to broke down just old looking, TV outdated, We didn't sit down!!! Also you could hear the people above us stomping fighting or something. We immediately gathered our things checked back out and went to another hotel. Three police cars were in the parking lot as well. I thought maybe they were staying there but now maybe they were called there. NEVER NEVER NEVER will I book another hotel without reading the reviews.

Room Tip: Book another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Karen H, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

I was sorry to hear that the room you received wasn't as fresh as it could have been. I will most definitely be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping Team, reminding them to ensure that every room has that "fresh, clean" smell every day. I will also be checking to see that the air freshener we use is not too diluted so that it is not able to properly do it's job.

On a lighter note,you were correct that we are in the process of renovating. I would, however, like o apologize for our mess during your checkin time. We are always open to suggestions that might allow us to provide an even better product with even better service.

Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope that wherever your travels may take you, we will be your first choice for all of your lodging needs. If I may be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this hotel for my parents to stay at because it was convenient for their travel plans. The pictures looked alright for a one night stay. Once my parents arrived they were told that they did not have a queen suite available,but they did have a room with a double bed. My parents are easy going and said that would be ok. As they walked to theor room they noticed the hallways looked like they had not been vacuumed I'm MONTHS. When they got to their "suite" they were checking the bed/linens and when they pulled back the comforter their blanket on the bed had a ton of hair all over it! They pulled the blanket off and examined the sheets and mattress and did not find any bed bugs(shockongly). Additionally, the cabinet door under the sink was broken off the hinges the smoke detector was literally dangling from the ceiling from a wire and the outlet in the wall had a huge hole surrounding the cover plate that could not possibly be safe or up to code. We don't need a fancy place to stay but this place was a dirty dump that is falling apart.

• Stayed February 2014
Karen H, General Manager at Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I'm concerned about the problem you experienced with your blanket at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my most sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The location and price of the hotel you really can't complain about.
The receptionist "Bonnie" is the only one I have found to be knowledgeable of customer service. Thanks Bonnie for doing a good job and at least communicating with the guests unlike other staff.

• Stayed December 2013
Karen H, Manager at Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Good afternoon,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay. I understand your busy schedule, and truly appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and services provided. I am pleased to see that we were able to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

I will most definitely be sharing your comments with our Team.

On a lighter note, I was pleased to see that, overall, you seemed to be satisfied with your stay. I would, however, like to ask if there is anything further we may be able to do to make your next stay even more satisfying...dare I say "Completely Satisfied"? We are always open to suggestions that might allow us to provide an even better product with even better service.

Regards,
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me first start by saying that I am not at all concerned about cute furnishings or updated appearances. This place has way more problems! There was a terrible smell in the lobby and the halls. My room wasn't as bad, but still funky. There was a fungus growing in the bottom of the toilet. The towels smelled like smoke so I didn't want to use it on my hair. There were short black hairs in the bed which are clearly not mine as I am a redhead. Both of the blankets on the bed were dirty. I'm so thankful that I brought my own pillow or I would have been going to buy one! I immediately called around finding another hotel for the remainder of my trip. I could not check out fast enough in the morning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We traveled over 200+ miles to get to this hotel. We arrived at 7:00p.m.. We booked this trip through expedia. The ratings weren't bad on expedia. When we arrived we noticed that many people had their windows up in this motel. That sent up one red flag. We checked in with no problem, We proceeded to our room on the second floor. When we stepped off the elevator, the scent from the hallway was horrible. The hallway smelled terrible. That was red flag number 2. We were tired and we used the key card to open the door. When we opened the door, we could not believe our eyes. The room was totally trashed. There was paper and trash all over the floor. Someone left an open package of raman noodles on the table. We were floored. Why would the clerk allow any on,, man or beast, to inhabit this room. More importantly, why was room not checked by the motel staff, before allowing anyone to enter this asylum. This place was a dump. Don't let the exterior fool you. We gathered our luggage and went back to the front desk. All we got were excuses The front desk clerk stated that the cleaning lady was supposed to clean it. She stated that the cleaning lady was gone and didn't know when she would be back tomorrow. She then stated that she had a smoking room. When we booked, through expedia , we requested a non smoking room. Would you trust these people, after entering a room that was totally disgusting and trashed? We called expedia and spent hours on the phone trying to find a different hotel. There was a CMA festival in Nashville, and we had a hard time finding a room. To add insult to injury, the "good" folks at Crestwood Suites did not want to issue a refund. The desk clerk acted as if she didn't care. We found a hotel down the street the Clarion Inn that was much nicer, cleaner, and even had a free buffet breakfast. The only problem was we had to spend an extra $200 bucks out of our pockets to get this hotel. Buyer Beware! Do not book with Crestwood Suites. It is an extended stay motel and. It is a dump that is not fit for man or beast! Expedia should be ashamed of itself for allowing "the bates motel" to advertise on its website. We are in the process of trying to get our money back from this hotel! I will never book another hotel through expedia!

Room Tip: Don't book any rooms from this hotel! Stay away!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crestwood Suites of Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!