“Good hotel that needs housekeeping QA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Sparta, Tennessee
“Good hotel that needs housekeeping QA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Housekeeping at this hotel is lacking, I think they just need someone to oversee that function. Otherwise hotel is great. My criticism is not related to the fact that housekeeping is only done once a week. I was only there one night and the room was not properly stocked with basics.

Room Tip: Inspect room upon arrival
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Kirt B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay, and we would also like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We hope that the issues did not cause to much disturbance to your trip. We are working on fixing these issues, and we hope to show you a better hotel in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

I normally stay at Hilton properties when I travel, but the weekend I was in Nashville was also the weekend that the NRA held their annual convention in Nashville and rooms were very scarce and pricy!! A standard room at a Hampton Inn was going to be $400 on a Thursday night, and it went up from there!

My daughter and I traveled to Nashville for her to have major surgery. I didn't think she would feel like traveling immediately after being discharged, so I found this room at the Candlewood Suites in Murfreesboro for a much more reasonable $159 + tax for a Saturday night.

She was discharged early, and not having anywhere else to go, we went straight to the hotel with the hopes that they might have a room available early. We arrived about 11:00 a.m. and I explained why we were there early, and a gentleman behind the front desk overheard my story and personally went upstairs to see if there was a room ready. He came back down and said there was one ready and we got checked in promptly.

I had read mixed reviews of this property, and since it was much cheaper than anything else I could find on this particular weekend, I didn't have very high expectations.

But, upon entering our room, I was very pleased with the overall appearance. It was very spacious and well appointed. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The towels in the bathroom were nice quality, also.

I loved that they had a free laundry room. They gym looked nice. The lending pantry was well appointed with blenders, food processor, hand mixer and various other things.

Overall, I would not hesitate to book a room at this Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
We want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we are happy to hear that we were about to be accomodating during your trip. We are always happy to see that we are doing everything we can to help our guests. Thank you again for writing us a reivew and we hope to see you again in the future.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

Stayed here for a 3 day business trip. Nothing fancy, but nothing negative either. Rooms good size. Work space/table could have been bigger. Pretty close to all the good restaurants. Seemed like there were mostly business people staying here. Had no problems.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kirt B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
We all want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always happy to hear that our guests are having a comfortable stay and enjoying the Murfreesboro area. We hope that we will see you again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

I stayed here the night before a big road race which began just up the road at the Medical Center. After a mishap with another hotel, I stopped in at 2 pm on a Friday to get a room for that night. The front desk employee was very nice to me even though I was booking last minute.

My King room was HUGE. The kitchenette had a small stove, dishwasher, full size fridge, microwave and all the basic things you would need to cook/eat (pot, silverware, coffee mugs etc) if you were staying for a while.

They even had some to-go coffee cups, which was nice since I had to brew my coffee and run out! When I first got to the room, the cable wasn't working so I reset the box. I don't really blame the hotel for this though, as it happens to me occasionally at home with a different provider.

I was only there for one night, but I would have been very comfortable there for a longer stay had I needed it.

While they don't have a kitchen in the hotel, they do have a little shop that has most anything you would need (food, toiletries) available for a decent price compared to most hotel shops.They also had a little area with other items such as appliances and DVDs that you could borrow. I think I even saw a food processor in there.

Hotel is very close to Medical Center, New Vision Baptist and Stones River Battlefield.

My only complaints are that they wouldn't accept my AAA discount card because of availability. There wasn't much hot water (odd for the time of day I was showering- very early in the morn). Only other (very small) gripe is that the elevator was really slow. I found that odd especially at 5 am when I left.

Something I liked about this hotel was they had this large board near the elevator that had some info about things to do around the hotel written by the staff. For example, they had "favorite bar," "favorite family restaurant," etc. I thought it was helpful and added a nice touch. They also had a decent- looking fitness center that I only got to look at, but didn't use. Oh, and free wifi with the password posted near the elevator.

I also want to point out that a few reviewers have mentioned that nobody came to clean their room after a night or two. I think it's only fair to point out that it's clearly stated near the elevator that housekeeping doesn't begin until after a guest has stayed a week. This isn't the Four Seasons. They might not clean every night, but I'm sure if you ran out of something such as towels they would give you more if you asked.

Regardless, it was clean, the staff was nice and the room was comfy. I would stay there again if I'm ever in need in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
We want to thank you for taking the time out to write us a detailed review. We are always happy to hear that our guest enjoy their stays and are as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again in the future.
North Augusta, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

For a $130 a night I expected a decent hotel. Trash in the can, no towels, no cleaning service, trash in the hall, dirty floors, dirty bathroom walls, no adjustment on the AC (stuck at 76) and on an on. I understand this is an extended stay but there is no excuse for the poor condition of this place. I'm very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kirt B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
We want to first apologize for the condition of the hotel during your stay and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always happy to hear were we have fallen short, so we can work on these problem areas. I hope that you may give us another chance to show you a great hotel in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Stuck in the hotel when icestorm hit the area. Hotel staff were great! It stunk to not have the room cleaned but when there is 3 inches of ice covering everything and all businesses are close in town...a bit of common sense and understanding is required. Staff responded to one bonehead who fell asleep while filling his bathtub. GREAT ATTITUDES and very professional.

Room Tip: Get a room with 2 queens otherwise tons of wasted floor space b/c the rooms are that spacious.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
We want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always glad to hear that we are taking care of our guest even in a time of extreme weather. We hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

We got to our room,smelled terrible. Bed was unmade from the last guest and dirty towels in the bathroom. When we called front desk, we were informed that no one was here to clean our room. So we had to do it ourselves. SWEET

• Stayed February 2015
Kirt B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
We want to apologize for the issues you had during your stay and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry that your stay was less than pleasant, and we would like you to know that we are working to fix the issues that you encountered during your stay. We would hope to show you a better hotel in the future. Thank again for taking the time to write us a review.

Been to Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!