“Great Staff and Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Staff and Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while driving from Washington to Georgia with my husband and our dog. The staff here were very friendly and professional, and the rooms and bathrooms are spacious and clean. It is near many different types of restaurants from fast food to fine dining, as well as general retail stores for anything you might need.
Check-In: When I checked in, the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and professional. My reservation was for a king, non-smoking, ground floor room. I was assigned a room on the second floor, because there were none available on the first when I checked in. However, he did apologize and assigned a room close to the elevator and stairway, but not so close that we could hear any of the noise.
Room: I've stayed in other Candlewood and Staybridge Suites (their sister property) and the room we were in at this location was more spacious than the others. The furniture was well laid out and there was ample space for our suitcase and bags. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was roomy and clean. Our room faced the side parking area and it was quiet.
Location: This hotel is located off a main road with other hotels, restaurants, stores and office buildings. It did get pretty busy in the late afternoon hours. We saw a near accident, but that was because someone turned off N Thompson Lane without signaling. Again, the hotel is near many restaurants and retail stores, which is great for meals or shopping.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when my travels bring me to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GenMgrCW, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
We were so pleased to receive your review. We strive to give the best customer service possible and it's great to hear when we deliver. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience here and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

It was ok. They exhibit their high TripAdvisor rating in the lobby but it's just ok. No one at the check in when we arrived. Very sparse decor. Bathroom and kitchenette are nice. Comfy chairs. The bed was a plastic covered mattress which was firm. Overall it was fine. Not spectacular.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kirt B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience and apologize for not meeting the standards expected at our hotel. We would like to let you know that your review will be used to retrain our team members to make the Candlewood Suites experience a better one for everyone. We would also like to thank you for your kind words and honesty. We hope we may be able to show you our improvements in the future.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I normally stay at hotels that are of this type when traveling for leisure (e.g. Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Country Inn and Suites). This one was not clean. There were hairs on my pillows when I checked in, and the room just didn't feel as clean after I saw that. Although the front desk clerk had no other rooms available, she did change my pillowcases for me. We only stayed at this hotel 2 nights, but I had not realized that pets were allowed on all floors in every room. I even heard someone running their dog up and down the hall one night. I have stayed at hotels before that are pet-friendly, but certain floors have rooms that do not allow pets. That is preferable to me. Only other odd thing was that one day I saw one of the cleaning girls sitting and eating Cheetos in a room that she was cleaning. In the same room, there was a man walking around. When I asked about this at the front desk, I was told that the man changes the sheets in all the rooms instead of the girls having to do it. That makes sense I guess...but I've just never seen it. But all of the staff people with whom I had contact at one point or another (including the guy who changes the sheets) were very nice and responsive. But with the hairs on the pillow and the pets allowed in all rooms, I won't be staying at a Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kirt B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for your insightful views. We take all reviews as a learning experience and very seriously. We would like to offer our apologizes for the inconveniences you have encountered at our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again and see the improvements that have been made.
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites, and it was a positive experience overall. The room was clean and comfortable, and it does have a small, stove, sink, dishwasher and a full size refrigerator.
The only problem wss the result of me booking three rooms on a single reservation through their corporate website. Since we each need receipts with our own names on them for our expense reports, that was a problem when they all had my name on them. The person handling checkin didn't know how to fix th problem, but a more experienced person at checkout the next morning was able to work it out.
If you've never stayed at Candlewood, they don't serve breakfast, so I suggest walking down the street to The Egg & I, right beside Red Robin, and have a great omelette or something. For dinner, well, Murfreesboro is loaded, with good restaurants. Try Bonefish Grill, right down the street, for great service and very good food.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and would like to thank you for your kind words. We always enjoy to see that our guest are happy with their accommodations. We are also glad to see that your problems were handled in a timely manner from the team. We are glad to have exceeded your expectations and hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great place to stay. Good location for shopping and restaurants near by.
Staff was helpful and made sure we had everything we needed each day.
This is the hotel we will stay at every time we are in Murfreesboro, TN

Room Tip: Corner suite 211 nice view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kirt B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are happy to see that we were able to be accommodating to your needs. Your kind words have been given to the staff, and we always love to see that we are making our guest happy. Thank you again for your reveiw.
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at this Candlewood Suites on vacation. We were treated so wonderfully and everything was great. The room was good and the bed slept good. I will be returning to this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: You do not get room service daily with Candlewood like you would a regular hotel. But, this worked...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We want to thank you for your kind words. All of us here at the Candlewood Suites of Murfreesboro love to hear when we have exceeded our guest's expections. We cannot wait to see you here again.
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have stayed in most hotels over time in Murfreesboro. Used to enjoy Embassy Suites, but service there has changed. The free breakfast has become harder to navigate and manager's cocktail party has long waits. There is a hotel shortage in this town and Embassy Suites has priced and poor serviced themselves away from my business.
Candlewood Suites is a great alternative. Closer to MT university, downtown and shopping. Great rooms, very clean and the kitchen is an excellent touch!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GenMgrCW, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We are so pleased to receive your review. Thank you for your kind words. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests needs. It is always good to hear when we have done so. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for taking the time to post a review.

Been to Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!