“Great stay. Again.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Pelham, Alabama
“Great stay. Again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We are repeat customers here and will continue to be. This time (our forth or firth visit) we were at this location for three months I believe. Good location. Easy freeway access. Plenty of shops and restaurants close at hand. Location of hotel is usually quite. Kitchen is ready to walk into and use. Rooms with enough of a floor plan to move around. On site barbecue. Staff is all kind, friendly and personable. Every single one of them. Seriously, every single one of them has customer service above and beyond. Always making us feel like each day we were coming home. It was like they were all our smiling neighbors and this building of grouped tougher rooms was our neighborhood. The room is not bad at all. Myself and my husband are in the room, and depending on the work load, some weeks we spend a great deal of time in the room. There is plenty of room for the both of us to have space. The really special thing here is the staff. They go just as far too make it feel like coming home as the room. We are already booked for our next lengthy stay with them.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is centrally located near many shops and restaurants. I made my reservation online and within minutes the front desk had my booking. Check-in was a breeze! Special thanks to Jonathan for making everything easy. The room was well appointed with newer furnishings, a flat screen tv, comfortable bed, fridge, cooktop and microwave. The bathroom was spacious. I would recommend to my friends in a heartbeat and I will be back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and had an extremely pleasant experience. The Hotel was clean and the staff provided great customer service. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

OK. Let's start with the good. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet, The gas grills on the back patio were a nice addition, I liked having a stove and full refrigerator. Good shopping and restaurants were a quick walk from the hotel. I really enjoyed having a real coffee cup and dishes. So, what wasn't so good. At check-in, I was made to feel like I was imposing. The gentleman at the front desk was brisk, as if I had interrupted something more important to him than customer service. After I checked in, I was ignored. No greetings when I entered and left the hotel. There are no ice machines, and it takes 3 days for the ice maker in the fridge to make enough ice, but we weren't there for 3 days. Didn't get a good night's sleep, the pillows were uncomfortable, and I woke up to a very sore back from an uncomfortable mattress. I'm not used to having to bring my dirty towels down to the front desk to get fresh ones, and I don't like the idea of once a week room cleaning. Glad I wasn't there for more than a day. I won't be back, primarily because of the poor customer service, and because the mattress and pillows were not conducive to a good night's sleep!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear CharlieCN,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Been a priority club member since it was just HI back in the late 80's. Transferred to Marriott where I'm Platinum and stay often but based on ratings decided to give this Candlewood a try. First impressions, wow this place looks pretty nice and new. Walk to the front door where several guests are right at the door smoking which smells very nice (not!) and carries into the door and lobby. Check in and initial the bill where is says there is a $250 cleaning fee if you smoke in the room, get my room key, ride the elevator to the 4th floor where I look at my wife and say "do you smell smoke?" and she says "yes". We walk into our room and wow it was a trip back to the 80's and 90's when hotels actually allowed smoking in rooms. Called down and they said yea we allow smoking in your section of the 4th floor and sorry we didn't have any non-smoking rooms (even though thats what I reserved). I went down to see if they had an air filter or something to help the stench and they offered a can of air freshener and said we have an ionizer but can't put it in the room while you are there.... Leave for dinner and you guessed it, the guys from the non-smoking rooms down the hall (sign on door) get on the elevator with us and go out front to fire up and hang out. Really! Even the smokers don't want a smoking room. The staff could have cared less and most often just didn't even look at you or speak when you came in and out. Last chance for me, I will be back at Marriott where all properties are non-smoking.

Room Tip: Do not get the 4th floor as they allow smoking on the back of this floor. That said, since they don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear FreqBizTraveler87,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and leaving us feedback about your visit. We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had especially with the condition of the room you were given and service received being sub par. These shall be looked into, we will use your comments to enhance our efforts.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days while visiting our daughter and we highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We had all the comforts of home. It is very clean, comfortable and inviting. Candlewood is definitely your home away from home.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bed suite. The sound proofing is excellent did not hear any noise coming from outside our...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I would advise anyone looking for a place in Murfreesboro, TN to stay at this hotel. The legend of Johnathan is true. This young man truly goes the extra mile to meet and exceed your expectations! My only reason for not giving this place a 5 star review is because of the lack of having free breakfast and not having an overhang at the entrance. However this location does have a little convenience store and the rooms make up for any lack of breakfast. Three cheers for Candlewood Suites!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!