“fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Rochester, New York
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days while visiting our daughter and we highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We had all the comforts of home. It is very clean, comfortable and inviting. Candlewood is definitely your home away from home.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bed suite. The sound proofing is excellent did not hear any noise coming from outside our...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I would advise anyone looking for a place in Murfreesboro, TN to stay at this hotel. The legend of Johnathan is true. This young man truly goes the extra mile to meet and exceed your expectations! My only reason for not giving this place a 5 star review is because of the lack of having free breakfast and not having an overhang at the entrance. However this location does have a little convenience store and the rooms make up for any lack of breakfast. Three cheers for Candlewood Suites!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

do not make your reservation with the reservation service, speak directly to the hotel. Apparently our request for a rollaway was never communicated to the hotel and they ran out, so one person actually slept on the floor.
In addition, they told us there would be breakfast. If we had spoken directly to the hotel we would have none that wasn't true.
The front desk manager was apologetic, but that doesn't make up for someone having to sleep on the floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jaunt,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there on a recent trip to Floroda. We booked it while on the road. Our main decision factors were price and location. The hotel is close the interstate and in an area with plenty of resturants along with some shopping. It is also close to Middle Tenn State Unv. in a nice area. We actually stayed in a smoking room, though neither my wife nor I are smokers. It was the only room available and like I said the price was right. It was a smoking room and smelt like one, but that was to be expected. The hotel is fairly modern and comparable in quality to others in this category. It was clean and the overnight staff was friendly. Overall a decent stay and I'd stay there again, but in a non smoking room this time. It'd definitely work for an overnighter or a couple day stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I think ncmttravelers owes April an apology...in my opinion. One overnight stay doesn't make him an authority on customer service; however, I will say that first impressions do mean so very much. I seriously doubt April was as rude as she was portrayed in his review and I get the distinct impression there's another side to this story. Mr. ncmttravelers said he never once complained, but his review is nothing but just that - one big complaint after another. And, I'd venture to say April's first impression of him wasn't so pleasant, either.

I wouldn't dare write a review or speak out against someone else's review unless I had first-hand knowledge and extended experience at the same hotel. My husband, son, and I have been staying at the Candlewood for several weeks now and I have never been more thrilled with a hotel experience than I have staying here - and we've stayed in many hotels for extended periods of time over the years.

Some of the staff are more outgoing and talkative than others, but absolutely every staff member we've come in contact with has been pleasant, always smiling and greeting us each time we come and go through the hotel lobby, very courteous, and extremely helpful. So many have gone out of their way to assist us in so many ways. From day one when we arrived Jonathan made us feel at home and was so pleasant. My 10-yr-son absolutely loves the staff - he's made them his best buddies and they've made him feel like he's their kid brother, each watching out for him and treating him like he's their only concern in the world all the while maintaining complete professionalism. Kurt has been a godsend assisting me with unruly washing machines on the weekend and never once stopped smiling or uttered a complaint as he mopped up soapy water from what he'd hoped had been a successful repair to the machine, but unfortunately was not. (Don't worry; replacement parts are on the way and it'll be good as new again!)

But the one who has made me feel most comfortable and cared for has been April. One of the reasons we chose to stay at Candlewood (while our home is being remodeled) was its proximity to the hospital, just in case. My husband is quite ill and stays in our room a good portion of the day while my son is in school and I go to work. There have been many times I've tried to reach my husband to check on him during the day and don't get an answer on his cell phone. I've called the hotel front desk getting April each time, asking her to ring the room and hoping he'd hear the hotel phone ring (thinking maybe the volume on his cell phone was turned down too low and he couldn't hear it while resting). Not only did April ring the room, but she was kind, caring, thoughtful, and told me if he didn't answer to call her right back and she'd go to the room to check on him for me. She didn't have to know the details of his illness and didn't ask. She just knew he wasn't well and I was worried.

So, Mr. ncmttravelers, I'm very sorry your overnight stay for you, your wife, and friend wasn't as peachy as you thought it should be, but calling out one person by name to make yourself feel better doesn't mean a lot to people like me who know April a little better than you do. I know her as caring and compassionate.

I hope ncmttravelers will take the time to give Candlewood and its staff another chance if he's ever to come through Murfreesboro again. It's sad to think he's missed out on getting to really know the great staff here that are quickly becoming dear friends to my family. I don't mind staying an extra few weeks if our home isn't quite ready yet - and that's saying a lot coming from someone who has wanted nothing but to be in our own home again for some time now. I know if I ever needed a place to stay again in the future, this would be the only place I'd call and I'd most definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a great hotel at a reasonable rate with the most helpful and courteous staff in town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pelham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This is our fifth stay with this hotel I believe, and as always we can only give it glowing reviews.

The hotel is clean and kept well maintained. The area seems safe and quiet. Excellently located away from the more traffic congested areas, yet somehow still located near plenty of shops and dining locations. As well as uncomplicated access to and from the interstate. The staff is kind and most days quite funny. (Once they get a feel for your humor.) Even giving us a heads up on local events they knew we would be interested in. In prior reviews we have said thank you to all "levels" of staff.

As I was scrolling down today in the mobile app so that I could leave my review, I noticed the "Where was Jonathan" review. I was stunned. I will in no way flame the individual that left that. That is his opinion of how his stay went.

However....I would like to tell you about the April we have met. She has a pleasant face and a "Good morning" or "Hello" evertime we walk in. I have seen her be more than just courteous to guests staying that can't even manage to be human to her. The one time in our multiple stays that something broke, we had no sooner sat down after walking back into our room from telling April at the front desk of the issue, that the maintenance man was knocking at our door. The issue was fixed within five minutes. I have never seen or experienced her perform below a professional level of hospitality.

We travel constantly (as can be seen by the locations of the reviews we leave. Coast to coast and border to border) and when ever we are around this area, it is never a question of where we want to stay. It's right here.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I read all of the reviews of this hotel and were very excited to stay here. I just wanted to meet this amazing guy named Jonathan who apparently understands customer service!

While we were assured that he still worked for the hotel we never did meet him. And the front desk clerk we had to deal with did not even come close to living up to the reviews on this site!!

After driving 7 hours straight my wife and I arrived at the hotel to check in and freshen up. My watch said it was 3:10. April (I was later told she is the front desk manager) greeted me coldly and informed me sharply that it was 2:10 and check in was at 3PM. I did not argue because I then realized the time difference from home and so we left and returned at 3 CST. Upon our return I was sad to see that the 50 minutes neither improved April's disposition nor her customer service. She was again short, sharp and unpleasant. She sharply informed us that this was no regular hotel and that we should not expect to be treated like guests at a hotel. She told us our rooms would not be serviced, etc. Since I have stayed in extended stay hotels for work, I understood. But there was just something in the way she said it and talked to me that was rude and completely unacceptable. But I do not believe it is my place or responsibility to train the hotel's staff so I gritted my teeth and kept quiet.

My wife and I got in our room and started to unpack. I turned on the light in the bathroom and it popped. I tried the switch again and even wiggled the fixture, but I could not get it to come on. I called the front desk and April answered. When I told her, she audibly sighed, said Ok and rudely hung up on me with no apology, and no suggested plan of action. When I went downstairs to return the luggage cart a few minutes later, a man who did not identify himself informed me (without going to the room or seeing the light for himself) that the type of light I had in the bathroom was being replaced throughout the hotel and that he would have to order one, but that it would be replaced first thing in the morning. He then turned and left the hotel with April out the front entrance. As you may guess, it was never fixed. We left the hotel the next morning and did not return until early evening. I spoke with The front desk clerk Curt to ask why it had not been repaired or replaced. He said he had no idea of our issue and apologized for it, but maintenance had left for the day. While he did not remedy our issue his attitude was so refreshingly different from April's!

The reason for our stay was to meet friends who were interviewing for a job in Nashville and we were staying two nights. In the morning of the interview, my friend and I went to the front desk and were unhappily greeted by April again. My friend requested something from the hotel for the estimated cost of the two night stay because the company he was interviewing with offered to reimburse his travel expenses that morning after the interview which was on a Friday. She flatly refused to assist him. She printed off the receipt for one night and told him that was all she could do. I explained the situation and asked if she could write something as an estimate for the second night on hotel letterhead or even in pen so that he did not lose the second night's reimbursement that the company had already agreed to. She again refused flatly and turned away from us.

Basicly, my issue with this hotel is not the room or location or price, it was entirely with the treatment we teceived from April. I was treated like an irritation and bother not a customer and I only spoke with her a total of 5 times in 3 days and I never one time complained to her about anything!!! I would never stay here again and if she's here with the same attitude I received, I would encourage you to go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
GenMgrCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We recieved your review about your stay with us here at Candlewood. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one. Please know that we take Customer Service seriously, and we appreciate you letting us know about your encounters at the front desk. I sincerely apologize for the inconvience that you experienced and we will work/strive to not let this happen again. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We do hope you will reconsider and stay with us again here at the Candlewood Suites.

Been to Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!