“Great, except for reservation screwup” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Murfreesboro
Onley, Va
“Great, except for reservation screwup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. Reserved 1 bedroom suite months in advance, nonrefundable and prepaid. Upon arrival was told that room was NOT available, and had to stay first night in studio suite. I am a light sleeper, and my husband has medical issues which cause him to wake during the night. Usually once he wakens he sits for awhile watching TV. So neither of us got any sleep, and had to hang around the next day to be moved to our reserved room. I do understand things do happen that causes plans to have to be changed. But when we asked at least for the price difference in the rooms we were told that because we prepaid we got the room at a cheaper rate, so if we reserved now we would have had to pay more for the studio - so we got a good deal, HUH?? Terrible service policy!! I would NEVER have reserved the studio, and that policy just means if they can get a higher price for the room they can - what good is a reservation??

The studio was attractive, bed comfortable, sofa was definately very UNcomfortable - but generally the room was very nice. The 1 bedroom was wonderful!! (Except for the same uncomfortable sofa.) Kitchen/bathrooms in both units were more than adequate.

If I happened to be in the area without a reservation I would stay again if they had a 1 bedroom suite available. Unfortunately, I would never reserve there again since I wouldnt trust them to have my room:)

Felt very safe in the area, close to shopping and restaurants. No restaurant in hotel, but there is a room which has snacks/drinks/micro meals available to purchase.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I traveled alone for a parents weekend. I felt very safe and the room was very nice and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I made reservations for our baseball team to stay at this hotel. I made the reservations back on March 4th. Our stay was to be the 9th thru the 11th of June with checkout on the 12th. I guaranteed the rooms at a rate of $89.99 plus taxes using our team credit card. When I called on Monday June 6th to give them the rooming list for the team and coaches I was told we no longer had reservations. It seems there are two Music Festivals in town that weekend and the hotel chose to take our rooms away from us to sell at a higher rate to those looking for rooms for the festivals. Now we are stuck trying to find accomodations for our team and parents on this short notice. Not only did they do this to us, one of our parents called also on Monday to double check why they listed only two days with their confirmation number instead of the three days they planned on staying, at this point they were told they no longer had reservations for their rooms, but they could have rooms at a rate of $130.00 per night plus taxes. So even when you guarantee your rooms with a credit card, and you have confirmation numbers, they will do as they please and will give your rooms to others at a higher rate.

I have been making reservations for our baseball organization for 25 years
and have never been so shabbily and unjustly treated by any of the hotels we've stayed at. I have always received positive comments from the staff of hotels we've stayed at for our tournaments, saying how polite and well behaved our team was during our stay.

I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I checked in very late, was exhausted from working two days straight with no sleep. I told the clerk I was going to go postal if I didn't get some sleep and to please put me in a quiet area. Appreciate that the clerk mentioned there were discounts for AAA membership and also federal employees - never had a hotel bring up discounts unless I asked.

He gave me a room at the very end of the hall, away from the elevator and other guests. I slept like a baby, comfortable bed and room temp was perfect. I found out the next morning that there had been severe storms, tornado-strength winds had damaged many homes - and I never heard a thing. Was surprised to look out the window and see it was still storming, as none of that noise came through to the inside.

This would be a great place to stay for a long trip - big frig, microwave, stove top, dishwasher, dishes - wouldn't have to eat out at all. I had cold food from earlier in the evening and was delighted I didn't have to go out again to get a hot meal, just nuked my dinner and put my cold drinks in the frig. There are a number of restaurants (upscale as well as fast food) within a mile as well as a Wal-Mart and Target.

Hair dryer in the bathroom actually worked, only the second time I've found a functioning hair dryer in a hotel room. Room was very clean, not a hair or a dustball anywhere. I think this hotel is very new, but I've been in other new hotels that were not so spotless. Bed was quite comfortable and a nice choice of pillows available. Forgot to mention that you get a free drink from the small "convenience store" in the lobby upon check-in.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and come back again myself!

Room Tip: Staff is great - just ask for what you need!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Greenback, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I just discovered that I used 15,000 priority club points to book a night here and also was charged $107.92 on my credit card. This has never happened before at an IC hotel before. This is very careless and had I not checked, I would simply have been DOUBLE CHARGED!! I am extremely upset by this!

This alone would insure I would not ever stay there again!

• Stayed February 2011
GenMgrCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
The billing issue was fixed as soon as the guest discovered the error. We apologized for the mistake. At no time was the hotel trying to cheat a guest out of money, especially a rewards member that was using their well deserved free night stay. We are always willing to help our customers during and after their stay with any issues. We strive for the best service possible and we will use this to correct any further issues to the best of our abilities. Thank you for your review.
Arlington, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed at this Candlewood this past weekend (Thursday to Monday) and i was so pleased! I like Candlewood's, mainly for their kitchenette feature.. and i absolutely loved this one. It's a new property (i think opened in October 2010) so everything was solid, clean and well maintained. I didn't feel icky about using the pots, pans, dishes and silverware because it was all new! This hotel is also located in a great location.. there are plenty of stores, shopping malls, restaurants nearby, some in walking distance. We went to the Kroger & Walmart, located about a mile away to get groceries and cook in our room (saves so much money than eating out for the 4 night stay, 3 meals a day plus snacks!) I was pleasantly surprised to see a King Size Bed in a Candlewood Suites. I have stayed with this brand in other locations and was always disappointed with a Queen size bed but not here! The beds were so comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful and quick check in. The only 2 things i was disappointed with was the lack of a remote control for the DVD player in the guestrooms and the internet was super slow in the business center; but other than that, i loved everything about this property. They even offered an entire hour for a late check out! Needless to say, i would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling in that area - it's definitely the best bang for your buck!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilliard, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed here 4 nights to attend the Road to the Horses Legends event. It is the closest hotel to the coliseum on Thompson Blvd and one of the newest. This whole area seems to be rather new. Lots of stores, (mall nearby) and restaurants.

The room was very spacious with a recliner too. The kitchen had a full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove-top with two burners and a dishwasher! Dishes, silverware, pots, paper towels, dish detergent, all provided for your use. Housekeeping only comes when you want them. Laundry facility available for free-you just provide the detergent or they sell for small change. We went to Walmart just down a block or two and bought enough food for all of our breakfasts and lunches for under $50. That sure saved eating out every meal when you could stay in and relax a little longer. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would return if ever in the area again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
We are a new hotel, and we would like to thank you so much for your review. It is great to see that all the efforts put into creating this hotel made your stay wonderful! Hopefully we will see you again next year for Road to the Horse.

Been to Candlewood Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!