“not for families” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Germany
“not for families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were there in March of 2014 and had read all the reviews. I decided because it had an indoor pool, even though the most recent review said it was so small, that it would still be fun for our two year old. The pool was not only tiny, it was filled in with dirt and concrete. When we booked our room, the website said there was a pool. The desk girl said the pool had been closed off since December of 2013. As soon as we got in our room we were hit with a dusty bedspread. I have a dust-mite allergy and asked the desk for a clean bedspread, then I took it up to the room and remade our beds. She said they get washed once a week. scary. The flat-screen tv was fuzzy, but oh well. We were too tired to mess with it. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was a very nice surprise. It was the only thing that kept us from not staying the second night. Hot eggs, sausage, and waffles, coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, danishes and toast. If you are alone and don't mind making your own bed, you would like it here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jagruti P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We apologize that you were not aware of our pool closing. The pool was taken off all websites as of December 2013. I am not sure why you were told what you were told about the beds but I can assure you they are cleaned after each night stay. I wish you had informed us of the fuzzy television so we could have replaced it at that time.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
STLCity
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Travelling with my grandson, the indoor pool was the main reason I booked this room. I wish you had to see his face and been the ones to try to make it up to him. The room was very large in comparison to most, but cleanliness? Meh, not so much. It was what I call "down the middle" clean. Baseboards and backsplashes and even the base of the toilet were kind of crusty. Not at all what I expected from the look of the outside, which is nice. No bad or musty smells, just a little shabby. I must say that if I had not spent two days in bed with a head cold (hoping grandpa could spend pool time with grandson) we probably would have run to the next place and asked for a refund. As it was, my grandson was gracious and understanding beyond his years. Won't stay in this one again. Too disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jagruti P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I would like to apologize for the misunderstand you had about our hotel. We no longer have a pool and all of the internet travel related websites were made aware of this in January. At that time both the literature and pictures were all deleted. You will also be pleased to know that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation and several hotel upgrades are being made.
indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

When traveling we like to stop at chains that we are familiar with and that are cost efficient. WE chose this hotel because it was a Country Inn. However, didn't feel this was up to standards of other ones we have stayed in. The bathroom was in need of update or repairs. The shower curtain was one of the new curved kind. However, when put into wall it wasn't leveled correctly and it leaned down. This caused the water to get all over the floor when showering. There was mold on the wall by the tub that was probably caused by this problem. Another concern was the loud noise coming from the business to the back of the hotel. Our room (223) was in the back of the hotel and we heard loud cars with revving engines and talking after midnight. We actually looked out several times to check on our vehicle because it sounded like they were right outside. This is not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in but was disappointed overall.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at back of hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jagruti P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I have reviewed your concerns with your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the issues experienced with your stay and have addressed the concerns with our staff. We are working to any problems reported to us and as always your response is greatly appreciated.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We can't understand why we did not read the reviews "before" we made a reservation at this hotel. Big oversight on our part and we paid the price. It may be cute and pleasant looking from the outside....but once you enter.... all goes downhill. This was the dirtiest, most disgusting hotel we have entered in a long time. We have stayed at many Country Inns in the past and just could not believe it. What a disgrace to the chain.

After approaching front desk to inquire if there was a "better, updated, cleaner, more sanitary" room, they advised all the rooms were the same. After approaching front desk a second time for cleaning supplies so we could at least "use" the bathroom, they offered a whirlpool room upgrade. We moved our things to this room and the outdated, green, heart-shaped whirlpool tub was not a perk! Six gallons of bleach would not coax me to even soak my feet in it. Both rooms had carpet stains that looked like the carpet had NEVER been cleaned. The last straw was the dead bugs by the bed and the spider webs on the ceiling and walls. 4 thumbs down!!!

With luggage in hand, we checked out and the front desk refunded our room charge (we were there 45 minutes) and apologized. The "plus" was he was nice and understood. Note: NO POOL as pictured. The management has CLOSED THE POOL.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear IXLR842,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.
Ooltewah, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

When I arrived the staff was not friendly at the front desk and almost rude. Housekeeping needs to step it up tremendously. Spots on the carpet, torn wallpaper. Breakfast was mediocre at best. The morning front desk staff was very nice. Would not recommend this hotel in its present state.

Room Tip: Would not recommend staying here. No elevator for second floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mason
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hotel corridors were okay, dated decor, stale smell. From the exterior photo of the hotel I expected a newer and gresher building. Our room was clean, decor a bit tired and dated but beds were comfortable. There was no water in the pool which was okay since we just slept and didn't expect an indoor pool. Looks like they may be renovating the pool. Breakfast okay. Our heating and air unit made strange noises that woke us up a few times, but it was quiet other than mechanical noises. Water pressure in bathrooms is good, perhaps even more than necessary. Appreciate the third pillow on each bed and although they were comfortable they were smaller square pillows. Overall I wouldn't pay $83 to stay here again, maybe $70 to just sleep then drive.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My family and I stayed here on our way back home from South Carolina, after the Thanksgiving weekend. My sister-in-law, who was part of our caravan, recommended Country Inn & Suites in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. She was very persuasive in her sale pitch for staying the night.
The outside appearance looks inviting (we arrived at night). We went inside to check in. As we were heading out the door to get our luggage, the clerk informed me that they didn't have an elevator. He was thoughtful enough to give my family a room on the first floor (sister-in-law was on the second floor). As we walked down the hallway, I realized that some of the ceiling tiles had water and mold spots, while a few were propped open, with electrical wires exposed. The carpet was absolutely filthy.
As we tried to get comfortable in our rooms and get the kids something to eat, I noticed the uncleanliness that surrounded us. The beds were lumpy, as if someone decided not to properly make up the beds and threw the comforters on top. The window seals were littered with dead bugs and dust...a lot of dust.
My wife also discovered that the tub drain was almost clogged. The kids were taking a shower with water coming pass their ankles. Gross! It was hard to get comfortable. It felt as if we were lounging in a bit of a cesspool. The amount of dirt, dust, dead bugs, and nail clippings was close to about as much as I could stand.
All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. It was my sister-in-law. She saw more than dead bugs. She saw live roaches in her room. That did it for me and my family. Our entire stay lasted approximately 45 minutes.
The clerk was gracious enough to refund our stay. I felt sorry for him. He had to stay in that third rate hotel and work. He was the best thing going for that place. Ownership and management have failed miserably in maintaining this place to give their guest a quality stay in this run down establishment. Not to mention, it isn't worth the money they charge. It'll be a full blown dump in no time at all.
The moral of this story? Don't take it out on your sister-in-law when she is even traumatized and running out the hotel by the presence of roaches.
By the way, management contacted her later. They told her that what she thought she saw was roaches, but they were really lady bugs. Really!!??

Room Tip: The only good room is outside this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Emul8tinglight,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize if the beds in your room were uncomfortable and if the drain in the tub did not work properly. We also sincerely apologize if you found any bugs in your room. We understand the expectations of our guests while staying at our hotel and we apologize if we did not meet yours. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!