“Ok for overnight stay while traveling” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Mason
“Ok for overnight stay while traveling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hotel corridors were okay, dated decor, stale smell. From the exterior photo of the hotel I expected a newer and gresher building. Our room was clean, decor a bit tired and dated but beds were comfortable. There was no water in the pool which was okay since we just slept and didn't expect an indoor pool. Looks like they may be renovating the pool. Breakfast okay. Our heating and air unit made strange noises that woke us up a few times, but it was quiet other than mechanical noises. Water pressure in bathrooms is good, perhaps even more than necessary. Appreciate the third pillow on each bed and although they were comfortable they were smaller square pillows. Overall I wouldn't pay $83 to stay here again, maybe $70 to just sleep then drive.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My family and I stayed here on our way back home from South Carolina, after the Thanksgiving weekend. My sister-in-law, who was part of our caravan, recommended Country Inn & Suites in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. She was very persuasive in her sale pitch for staying the night.
The outside appearance looks inviting (we arrived at night). We went inside to check in. As we were heading out the door to get our luggage, the clerk informed me that they didn't have an elevator. He was thoughtful enough to give my family a room on the first floor (sister-in-law was on the second floor). As we walked down the hallway, I realized that some of the ceiling tiles had water and mold spots, while a few were propped open, with electrical wires exposed. The carpet was absolutely filthy.
As we tried to get comfortable in our rooms and get the kids something to eat, I noticed the uncleanliness that surrounded us. The beds were lumpy, as if someone decided not to properly make up the beds and threw the comforters on top. The window seals were littered with dead bugs and dust...a lot of dust.
My wife also discovered that the tub drain was almost clogged. The kids were taking a shower with water coming pass their ankles. Gross! It was hard to get comfortable. It felt as if we were lounging in a bit of a cesspool. The amount of dirt, dust, dead bugs, and nail clippings was close to about as much as I could stand.
All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. It was my sister-in-law. She saw more than dead bugs. She saw live roaches in her room. That did it for me and my family. Our entire stay lasted approximately 45 minutes.
The clerk was gracious enough to refund our stay. I felt sorry for him. He had to stay in that third rate hotel and work. He was the best thing going for that place. Ownership and management have failed miserably in maintaining this place to give their guest a quality stay in this run down establishment. Not to mention, it isn't worth the money they charge. It'll be a full blown dump in no time at all.
The moral of this story? Don't take it out on your sister-in-law when she is even traumatized and running out the hotel by the presence of roaches.
By the way, management contacted her later. They told her that what she thought she saw was roaches, but they were really lady bugs. Really!!??

Room Tip: The only good room is outside this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, TN, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Emul8tinglight,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize if the beds in your room were uncomfortable and if the drain in the tub did not work properly. We also sincerely apologize if you found any bugs in your room. We understand the expectations of our guests while staying at our hotel and we apologize if we did not meet yours. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I can't believe i paid to stay here. We have kids and as the last day of our vacation, we were looking to stop at a place with a pool. Several web sites indicated that there was a pool. The "pool" was a glorified bath tub.....and the kicker? We went to use it and was told by the lame clerk at the front desk it was permanently closed. Wallpaper was ripped, room was tiny even the cookies they had in the lobby were bad. When my kids throw out cookies, they are bad. Thanks Country Inn for ending our vacation on a very sour note..... Have not had the breakfast yet, but assuming they just put pictures of coffee urns on the web site, but when i get down there they will only have hot water......

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, TN, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Travelteer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize if the pool was out of order during your stay and that you did not enjoy the room that you were given as we know these are important factors of a guests stay.
We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Whiting, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for a week, using it as our base. While the bed & bedding & plenty of soft towels in the bathroom were up to par for this chain, the rest of the amenities were not. We wound up going out to breakfast a couple of times, a week of styrofoam & the same breakfast item each day was too much. Person in charge of the breakfast just told you they were busy if you asked for anything other than what was there. There were no homeade cookies in the lobby, a pkg of cookies was in the jar. No fruit outside of breakfast and though coffee was available, if you wanted decaf or tea you were out of luck. Housekeeping in the room was adequate but not top notch. TV had issues & a generic remote, no guide on screen or paper. Someone put a repair patch by the tub but never completed it. We didn't use the pool but since there was sand or something in the bottom, it didn't look very inviting.

Room Tip: Room 228 facing front of hotel picks up road noise at an unbelievable level. It is right by an on ra...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Summerville, GA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed here, and it is still a good choice. The rooms are large and clean, the staff friendly. This time I used the fitness facilities although small everything worked. This also was my first time eating their breakfast, it was limited but good. I would stay here again if passing through.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Excellent value for the money. Great location just minutes from downtown and I-24. My only complaint was a musty smell in the bathroom. Outside looked great but the room looked a little older. Room size was nice. Service was excellent value.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights. The location can't be beat. The hotel is located near restaurants, shopping, movies and Go Karts. The hotel staff is friendly. The bedroom was fine. it was nice and roomy. I appreciated the microwave and refrigerator. They both came in handy. The housekeepers did a good job of replenishing the amenities. Now that I have the positives out of the way let me tell you what you need to be aware of. The bathroom was not clean (I think there was dry pee behind the toilet), there was a crack on the toilet and the shower curtains were badly torn. The housekeepers clean the rooms at the crack of dawn and walked into our room 2 days straight while we we're sleep. The television didn't work well. A message kept coming on the screen asking them to pay the bill. They would say they were going to reset the television, but it only remedied the problem for about 15 minutes. I was only trying to watch ABC. The internet worked great. I ate the breakfast 2 days straight and I couldn't take anymore of it. I didn't use the pool, but peeked in and it was gross. The same dirty towels laid around for 5 days. I stayed on the first floor, but would have been pissed if I had an upstairs room and had to lug my luggage upstairs. Last but not least, I slipped on a dead bird that was in the doorway of the entrance. They didn't have many guest during my stay so it seems during their slow periods they would give the rooms a good cleaning. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, TN, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Rose91,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards. Also we apologize if you did not like the pool or the breakfast in the morning.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Murfreesboro, TN? Share your experiences!