“Pleasantly middle-of-the-road” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Los Angeles, California
“Pleasantly middle-of-the-road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is our standard place to stay for visits to Murfreesboro: familiar, medium-priced, and medium value. Folks who need everything shiny and new should definitely stay away -- we stayed in #105, as did the reviewer below, and found most of the same inconveniences -- but they get the basics right, the staff is always friendly and tries to help, the indoor pool is big enough for kids to splash around and have fun, and the breakfast buffet is solid. If you need an actual suite, so there's an actual door between the parents' and kid(s)' beds, and you can't shell out a lot of dough, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Burnt carpet from iron, dirty around toilet, TV reception was terrible, no ice bucket, stains on carpet,baseboard missing, stains on carpet, suspended ceiling grids rusty, air conditioning inadequate, bathroom exhaust fan didn't work,etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care, at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Davidjackson1949,

We sincerely apologize for the guest room that you had during your stay and that it did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your recent stay so we can continue to make the necessary improvements to our hotel based on the feedback we receive from the guests. It is our practice to ensure all rooms are up to our guests expectations and we will review this matter with our management team.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here during the Bonoroo festival, upon check-in I was told that I was 1 room short and the record had me arriving a day earlier, when I showed the clerk my confirmation I was told he would have to talk to the mgr. he had not authority, Sat. the toilet was not working I used a friends bathroom next door for the next 2 days, clerk said the mgr. would be there to fix it she couldnt do anything about it, by day 3 of cants I finally asked to speak with the owners who said they fixed the toilet (not) and we will give u 20% off for your inconvenience .I was expecting a package, it was found the day I checked out because it was in the mgr office and none could get in the office
When I explained that it was merchandise to sell the mgr/owner shrugged her shoulders. To make matters worse he pool was green, the rooms were very dusty, I could go on . Would not consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Front desk personnel are very helpful when allowed to be!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize that the bathroom in your room was having problems. We also apologize for the problems you experienced when checking and receiving your packages. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The first impressions for this hotel was quite favorable. We arrived late on a weekday, tired from a long drive. The setting for this hotel was surprisingly "country-like", even though it was very conveniently right off the interstate. The night manager left a favorable impression as well. I opted for the suite. The room was spacious, but as the Country Inn brand goes (in my somewhat limited experience), this facility falls short.

The whirlpool tub was dirty, the lid on the toilet tank was cracked. The security door catch (so that one can open the door partially but still secured) had been broken away. (It looked like a jealous lover had kicked in the door at one time and nobody bothered to repair it). The shower curtain rod was broken off the wall on one side. Out the side entrance door, a sad looking bicycle exercise machine was sitting on the sidewalk.

When it came to sleep quality, the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable - it was a pillow top mattress (which usually are to soft for me), yet it provided ample support so I was surprisingly comfortable.

Just a little bit of attention and better housekeeping and this facility could live up to its brand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was not a good Country Inn by my standards - there were a few small things that I found lacking. First, when checking in I wasn't identified as a Club Carlson gold member. I know this may seem trite, but I do stay a lot at hotels and feel that this is pretty much standard across chains. I will say though, the staff was helpful otherwise a couple times I had questions. Second, I felt that the bathroom in our room was not up to the quality of the rest of the room. It was in need of renovation, and for some weird reason the sounds from downstairs would filter up through the vent. We were very confused at first because we could hear full conversations and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. We weren't in the room very much, and it didn't happen late at night - so it was less of an issue, but just weird.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize that the bathroom did not meet your standards. We also understand how important it is to have your Elite status recognized and apologize that this was not done. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I should preface this review by saying that we stopped in here at the last minute while driving through the night in TN. We decided we just couldn't drive anymore and pulled in without a reservation at about 11pm. Front desk staff was nice enough but took a phone call just as I walked in and talked with the person (not a guest) for about 5 minutes before asking me what he could do for me. I had a good mind to walk out at that point but it was late and I was tired.
I was given a good rate ($73.99) and a first floor room. The room was clean and comfortable and the beds acceptable. There was a small refridgerator in the room. We didn't even use the shower or the TV or the indoor pool as we left at 5am in the morning to keep driving. They also seemed to offer a free breakfast but it was not operational before we left but we didn't expect it would be.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for a night while our home was being sprayed. I usually love the Country Inn & Suites hotels, but this one just blew me away (in a bad way)! The lady at the desk was pleasant, but failed to inform me that there was no elevator. Here I am with a stroller with an infant and luggage that my 7 and 15 year old girls were carrying. Then, after getting to our 2nd floor room, I notice a spell (a pee smell), it was gross. The furniture was torn and the floors were stained. I was so tired I just wanted to rest so I pull back the covers on the kind size bed. The pillow cases look as though they hadn't been washed, just put back on neatly. Then, I go to set the girls up on the couch bed. I open up the bed and what do I see, sheets already on it and an opened condom wrapper. I could not believe it. That was it for me. I requested my money back and left. Do Not Stay at this hotel!!!! I could see something like this happening at a $40.00 a night hotel, but I don't stay at those kinds of hotels. For $110.00 I at least expect the room to be somewhat clean LOL.. Beware on this one!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jagruti P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about your stay on TripAdvisor.com, I am sincerely sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we are working on addressing the issues that you raised so that they will not happen again.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!