“Perfect for a cheap overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2282 Armory Dr., Murfreesboro, TN 37129   |
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Atlanta, GA
“Perfect for a cheap overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We were traveling and just needed a place to sleep. This hotel felt better than a lot in the same price range. It was clean and the staff was friendly. I liked the coffee machine in the breakfast area. We made cappuccinos and hot cocoas for the road. I will remember this hotel as a good place for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arlington, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I travel to the Nashville / Murfreesboro area quite often and on this particular day I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro location. I checked in around 3am and advised the front desk clerk that I did not want any Housekeeping because I would be sleeping. Well, needless to say I was awoke by someone inserting the key into the lock and trying to open the door. Luckily i had the deadbolt on. Later on I was awoke again by the beeps of the lock when someone inserted the key. But this time I heard the deadbolt open. At this point I immediately jumped out of bed and was faced by a Housekeeper opening my room door. I noticed her placing a long flat metal object back into her cart. This was a tool that she used to open the deadbolt on my door. I was so stunned that I didn't know what to do. She stood there and all she said was "Housekeeping.....Housekeeping". All I could do was yell at her to get out of my room.
About an hour later another person came to my room and inserted a key into my door lock. I got up and ran to the door and yelled at her, demanding to know why she wanted into my room so bad. This time it was someone claiming to be the Housekeeping mgr. and she was going behind her housekeepers to see if they were doing their jobs. I canceled the rest of my stay and went to another hotel. The Housekeeping Mgr. was standing at the front desk when I checked out and all she could say was "I'm Sorry, I hope you come back". To this day (month later) I have never received a phone call or a formal apology.
Now, I stay in approx. six hotels a month and have done so for the past year because of my job. I am always checking in early in the am. and sleeping most of the day. I have never seen a housekeeper be so persistent to get into a room especially knowing that the person is in there. And I have never experienced a housekeeping Mgr. go behind and check occupied rooms. Unoccupied rooms yes, but not occupied.
The only thing I can figure out is someone saw me unload my vehicle and bring in my two computers and printer. And that's what they were after. I have a feeling that the Housekeeper was not working alone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This hotel is mainly what I would call serviceable except that the internet didn't work the entire time of our stay (3 nights). Since most hotels have internet service for free these days and this hotel promised it yet did not deliver it, I call that sub-par service.

Of course, it's true that you get what you pay for. This room was entirely basic, from the toiletries provided to the bedside accommodations (no pen and notepad, etc.). The box spring had a few holes in it, and the comforter was terribly outdated and worn.

That said, our room seemed fairly clean. The towels and bed linens had been washed recently. The bed was comfortable.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled. At $50 a night, this place was a pretty reasonable stay. But I pricelined the Doubletree just several hundred feet away for about $10 more just a few months ago. Will be doing that next time, although this RRI is okay if you are on a really tight budget.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago Burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

If you are looking for a clean, affordable no frills hotel close to the interstate in a safe area, this would be a good choice. Stayed here one night while in transit from Chicago to Jacksonville Fl. Hotel has comfortable beds and is pet friendly. ( We had a cat in carrier) Hotel is close to gas station, any kind of resturant we may like within a mile or two. Hotel is also less than a 10 minute drive to Stone River National Battlefield. Dont expect to fill up on breakfast in the morning thou. Cold cereal, milk, coffee toast and a few pastries.
For the price paid this is a good value.

• Stayed March 2010
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

business king is great. exercise room and breakfast small in selection yet adequate. hate to recommend because I am finding red roofs a "best kept secret".

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
SOUTHERN Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Front desk very helpful. Room clean, all the necessities available. Coffee machine 24/7
latte, decaff, hot cocoa, etc. Cereal selection small; but danish were good. Pool very clean and inviting. Easy access to I-24; and multiple eating establishments.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

I walked in for a reservation, was greeted warmly by the desk clerk, got the room price and then repriced with AAA. I was very pleased with the room for a night. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, crisp clean bathroom, friendly desk help, coffee 24/7. There was internet but it was out at the desk. The hotel was very quiet but it was on a week night. I got the room for $44.00 plus tax. I have no regrets staying there and I've traveled extensively. We've paid up to $500/night in Key West. I simply know I get what I pay for and this was more than worth the money I paid. The breakfast included pastries, oatmeal (you have to make with hot water), toast, cereal, milk, OJ.....but that's
all I need. I also got a complimentary USA today. I left there happy.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!