“Not Bad, Not Good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Stephens City, Virginia
“Not Bad, Not Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at this location before and it was satisfactory. No this time. Room wasn't vacuumed and the carpet was dirty. Spills on the furniture that were not cleaned up. Needs to be reconditioned. The up side is it's location. Great spot close to shopping, restaurants, and the Interstate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed one night recently. Had a pet with us so I think we got sent to a pet designated room which we understand. However, the room smelled like URINE, the furnture was broken and the screens of the windows were hanging unconnected to the frames. TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!! Red roof inn should inspect the room on the left side of the building (look...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lincoln, ne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

They had a very friendly staff but the place was dirty!!!! The lobby looked very nice and professinal but past that it was horrible. The stairwell had stains and dirt all the way up. The hallway to my room was the same way! I was hoping that my room wouldn't be the same. I opened the door and there were like lines of yellow hard stuff all over the floor. I don't know what they were because when I tried to pick them up they were stuck to the floor. The bathroom was nice, they must have just updated it. The sink was still old and gross looking. I was very disappointed that I had to pay $75 to stay in a place like that.... Plus this hotel is right next to the on ramp for the interstate and I heard traffic all night long.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hendersonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The staff at the desk were extremely welcoming and friendly. The room on the other hand leaves quite a bit to be desired. The bathroom appears to be updated but the rest of the room is in need. The air conditioning squealed when on the ceiling had water stains and a few spots of black mold although it had some paint over it the mold has reappeared. The room has a musty dank wet smell as if there was water damage. I can't speak for the other rooms in the hotel but if I were management I would not rent this one out.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank You for your comments. We are in the process of updating the hotel.

Travis Ashby GM
Astor, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We like to use Red Roof Inns because of their pet policy.
This property was a convenient stop on our trip to Florida and the rate was reasonable.

I rate this place as average because I don't think it deserves to be called "poor". "Somewhat less than average" might be most appropriate.

Check in was o.k., nothing special. The room is one of the old ones. No flat careen t.v., older shower, just generally an old room. More importantly areas of the room were quite dirty. In the bathroom the corners were very dirty. It might have been mold or mildew, I'm not sure. The rug needed to be replaced. The bedspread had a stain on it.

I had to move the night stand out to get to an outlet and behind it was very dirty, too. I would have to say that more dirty than most.

On the positive side, the sheets were clean and the breakfast was decent.

I don't think I'd stay there again unless I hear that they have renovated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are in the middle of replacing all the carpets in all the guest rooms and hallways, Our flat screen tvs are due to be delivered this wendsday.

Travis Ashby
GM
Wilmington Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited about a year ago in October 2012. The location was what caught our attention at first RRI was right off the highway we were traveling. Upon exiting we saw there several nearby places to grab breakfast in the morning before heading off. The moment we entered the establishment we were greeted by friendly faces. The service was great. We asked about their pet policy and to our surprise they had no breed restrictions or weight restrictions. This is very important to us since we usually travel with our Doberman Pincher (full size) Sadie. They didn't even charge us a pet deposit! They also had plenty of grass to walk our dog in. A suggestion I would make is to add some potty stations with bags so other owners would realize that picking up after your pet is the responsibility dog owner not the RRI staff. The grounds were clean and nicely up kept by the staff. We had a nice sized room two queen sized beds, a mini fridge, plenty of clean towels. At our request the front desk was happy to provide a few extra pillows too. The staff at the RRI did a great job of making us feel welcome. We were only staying overnight and finishing our journey the next day but each time we travel back to IL we will stop at the RRI because we know it's a great value and has a wonderful staff. Thanks Y'all the Tymas

• Stayed October 2012
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We loved having you.

Travis AshbyGM
Fort Wayne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on our way home from FL. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Beds were comfortable, but the room smelled like a spray had been sprayed to cover up a smell. Very little breakfast options that didn't look very fresh. We opted for McD's instead. For the $ we paid, I expected a little better. In comparison to another hotel we stopped at on our way to FL, RRI was more expensive, not as nice and cost us more to have breakfast that I had planned on being included. Not what I had envisioned when I read that the RRI's had been updated. Since it was the least expensive in the area at the time of booking, it was OK for a one night stopover.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Travis Asbhy GM

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!