“Has seen better days...but clean” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2282 Armory Dr., Murfreesboro, TN 37129   |
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Jackson, Mississippi
“Has seen better days...but clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I was placed in this hotel because everything was booked due to a Dog Show in town. This hotel is rather old, and dark in the hallways,yet I can say it was clean. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were outdated, even tho they seemed to have had a "little face lift" maybe 5 years ago. The bed was too soft and you could feel the springs. The blanket on the bed was itchy. I didn't use it. The first floor rooms are very low to the ground. You can just climb right in. Lol. Old furniture. The microfridge was ill placed, next to the bed? The pool area seemed nice. The outer bathroom area was nice (sink area) but the inside bathroom was old and the toilet was like nothing I've ever seen. It was industrial strength and will suck your butt in if you are not careful. The hotel was okay for two nights. The staff friendly. Location was near lots of shopping and places to eat. It was under $70, so couldn't expect too much. Oh yeah it's pet friendly. So if you like pets cool, if not you won't like this place.

• Stayed July 2013
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your stay.

Travis Ashby GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is barely a two, I would really give it a 1.5 rating if they had that. We stayed here overnight on a road trip, but the rooms were booked months in advance.

Cons - Old, moldy, smoky, and just overall a stinky hotel in the rooms and throughout. I was with other people, so I got to see three different rooms. All were like this. Our room also smelled like urine. The beds are very hard, so be warned. We booked a Superior King Room Non-Smoking, and while it did have a king bed in it, it did not have the jet tub in it like many other reviews stated (which is why we booked it). We immediately called the front desk to inquire about this, but they said this room was $100 a night. I have looked, and looked at many dates in the near and far future....there is not a room category that is ever anywhere near $100. They were supposed to speak to the manager, and get back to us. This never happened. Also, at check in the person at the front desk made an extremely odd face when we all walked in to check in. I am not sure why, we were smiling, and friendly. With a RediCard you are supposed to have an express check-in, and be given a bottle of water....neither were received. They also had computer issues that night, so our bill was hard to read. This was not explained to us until I went back and asked them what was going on because it looked like they had charged us for two nights!

Pros - Leaving that morning!

We won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I'm sorry your stay was not as you expected. None of our Superior King rooms at anytime have ever had jets in the tubs. We did at one time have a few rooms that had whirlpools in them ,but they were taken out a while back. At that time they did rent for 99.99. Thank you for your comments and we will investigate your concerns.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean rooms. Front desk guys (at check-in) didn't know much about the area. The gentleman that was at the front desk during check-out did, and he was very nice. Breakfast was minimal. No wheat bread. No protein other than peanut butter. Lots of grassy areas on property and nearby to walk your dog.

This is an older RRI and it is starting to look tired.

There are other nearby hotels that are newer and have better breakfast options for about $10 more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your stay. We appreciate your comments.

Buckeye Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Its a great hotel , people that work there are very nice . I loved the bed. There offer smoking rooms. There's a mall and everything you could need close by. Very nice town. Pool is clean and very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
535, Travis Ashby GM at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Thanks for the nice comments.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night. It was a good place to stay overnight on my way to Florida from Wisconsin. Given the price everything was as I expected. The free breakfast was minimal- a few types of cereal, bread, and some danish-type pastries. The beds were comfortable enough, but there were holes in both comforters (I assume from cigarettes although it was a non-smoking room.) One of my blankets had dog hair on it, but I was too tired to really care. It was very quiet and the two employees I talked to were very nice. Overall I can't complain for the price I paid. Everything was adequate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here on my way through Tennessee looking for something affordable but nice. I found what I wanted at the red roof inn! the price was definitely affordable, beds were comfortable and clean, bathroom was updated with marble walls and a nice shower curtain. there was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room as well, so I was able to enjoy some. popcorn from the vending machine down the hall. The gentleman who checked me in was very helpful and polite, as was the gentleman who checked me out in the morning. would definitely stay here again if travelling in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you, we enjoyed having you!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We recently stayed two nights at the Murfreesboro Red Roof Inn. We were completely happy with our experience. It's a terrific value, especially because the motel did not charge for us to have our dog with us. The rooms had a few features that place it above most of its price competitors (microwave, refrigerator, in-room coffee). It was pretty clean and quite comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank for staying with us. We loved having you.

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!