“Perfect except for one thing” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2282 Armory Dr., Murfreesboro, TN 37129   |
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Crossville, Tennessee
“Perfect except for one thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

While the hotel gets an A+ for cleanliness, friendliness, comfort, quiet, and all in all is very good hotel, I do have a small complaint. The king-size wheelchair accessible room is terrific, the outer doors are heavy and cumbersome for a wheelchair user. May I suggest an electronic door. I stay here frequently, and while I usually have someone with me, I do not always have them when I go outside for a smoke.

Please consider an electronic door on at least one entrance.

Room Tip: Quiet, clean, comfortable, and friendly
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for visiting us!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Marion, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I spent three nights at this Red Roof and found it quite pleasant. It was very clean and quiet. This is an interior corridor Red Roof and also features a breakfast room. Since I had a dog, I was pleased that the desk clerk put me next to the outside exit on the ground floor. That made everything very convenient. The breakfast was very basic with three kinds of cereal, danish, toast, instant oatmeal and apples. Plus they offered two kinds of juices, tea, coffee and milk. Still, it was possible to get by on it. At ca. $50 bucks per night, I felt it was a good value. The beds were firm but comfortable. The only negative is trying to get to the motel during the afternoon. One must make a left turn to reach Armory Dr., and the traffic is just a nightmare. It is possible to wait five minutes or more to be able to make the turn. This is certainly not the fault of the motel, but it's a nightmare, nonetheless. Getting out in the morning was no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks !
Winchester, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

My stay was for business and it did give somewhere to crash and study. But the bed by the door has a white stain need I say more. The gym equipment was broken and I couldn't get a restful sleep becase of the fan in the bathroom it is loud and it will not shut off!!! So no I will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Thank you for your review and comments. I'm sorry your stay was not as expected. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience we may have caused you.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We were traveling and just needed a place to sleep. This hotel felt better than a lot in the same price range. It was clean and the staff was friendly. I liked the coffee machine in the breakfast area. We made cappuccinos and hot cocoas for the road. I will remember this hotel as a good place for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Arlington, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I travel to the Nashville / Murfreesboro area quite often and on this particular day I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro location. I checked in around 3am and advised the front desk clerk that I did not want any Housekeeping because I would be sleeping. Well, needless to say I was awoke by someone inserting the key into the lock and trying to open the door. Luckily i had the deadbolt on. Later on I was awoke again by the beeps of the lock when someone inserted the key. But this time I heard the deadbolt open. At this point I immediately jumped out of bed and was faced by a Housekeeper opening my room door. I noticed her placing a long flat metal object back into her cart. This was a tool that she used to open the deadbolt on my door. I was so stunned that I didn't know what to do. She stood there and all she said was "Housekeeping.....Housekeeping". All I could do was yell at her to get out of my room.
About an hour later another person came to my room and inserted a key into my door lock. I got up and ran to the door and yelled at her, demanding to know why she wanted into my room so bad. This time it was someone claiming to be the Housekeeping mgr. and she was going behind her housekeepers to see if they were doing their jobs. I canceled the rest of my stay and went to another hotel. The Housekeeping Mgr. was standing at the front desk when I checked out and all she could say was "I'm Sorry, I hope you come back". To this day (month later) I have never received a phone call or a formal apology.
Now, I stay in approx. six hotels a month and have done so for the past year because of my job. I am always checking in early in the am. and sleeping most of the day. I have never seen a housekeeper be so persistent to get into a room especially knowing that the person is in there. And I have never experienced a housekeeping Mgr. go behind and check occupied rooms. Unoccupied rooms yes, but not occupied.
The only thing I can figure out is someone saw me unload my vehicle and bring in my two computers and printer. And that's what they were after. I have a feeling that the Housekeeper was not working alone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This hotel is mainly what I would call serviceable except that the internet didn't work the entire time of our stay (3 nights). Since most hotels have internet service for free these days and this hotel promised it yet did not deliver it, I call that sub-par service.

Of course, it's true that you get what you pay for. This room was entirely basic, from the toiletries provided to the bedside accommodations (no pen and notepad, etc.). The box spring had a few holes in it, and the comforter was terribly outdated and worn.

That said, our room seemed fairly clean. The towels and bed linens had been washed recently. The bed was comfortable.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled. At $50 a night, this place was a pretty reasonable stay. But I pricelined the Doubletree just several hundred feet away for about $10 more just a few months ago. Will be doing that next time, although this RRI is okay if you are on a really tight budget.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago Burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

If you are looking for a clean, affordable no frills hotel close to the interstate in a safe area, this would be a good choice. Stayed here one night while in transit from Chicago to Jacksonville Fl. Hotel has comfortable beds and is pet friendly. ( We had a cat in carrier) Hotel is close to gas station, any kind of resturant we may like within a mile or two. Hotel is also less than a 10 minute drive to Stone River National Battlefield. Dont expect to fill up on breakfast in the morning thou. Cold cereal, milk, coffee toast and a few pastries.
For the price paid this is a good value.

• Stayed March 2010