“Wonderful area to visit - beautiful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Carriage Lane Inn
337 East Burton St., Murfreesboro, TN 37130   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Murfreesboro B&B and Inns
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Wonderful area to visit - beautiful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had a wonderful time in Murfreesboro (even though it was rainy and the stay was short). The Inn was incredible - full of charm and wonderful hosts who served us in our house, even though we were the only ones in it that day. The room was elegant and everything lived up to expectations; even exceeded them! Wish we could have stayed longer and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

We just had my younger daughters wedding at Carriage Lane Inn. I called on a Wednesday for a wedding booking for the following Sunday, with fingers crossed. Sharon, the owner,worked us in and SHE made EVERYTHING happen. It was all planned over the phone and in 3 days!

We showed up at 3:30 for the 4:00 WEDDING! Everything was beautiful, from the decorations for the ceremony outside to the reception area indoors. The Inn is so beautiful and historicallly decorated. The reception dinner was excellent as well. All our family and guests were talking about how beautiful it was!

The two best things for me, mother of the bride, was it was totally stress free from booking, planning and best of all, being able to leave all the clean-up behind for someone else to do!

Sharon, thanks for making this special day so beautiful and carefree for us!

Room Tip: Check onliine for their houses & rooms!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Words cannot describe this little piece of heaven we found. Awesome little cottage with 3 bedrooms 4 bathrooms and a sleeper sofa. There were 4 TV/VCR/DVD's with a wide selection of movies to watch. Amazing kitchen and the whole place was decorated so special that you really felt like royalty. We needed an extra room and thy had an apartment in the other house we rented as well. A tiny little light bulb problem was taken care of so fast and quietly it was the next day before I realized it had been replaced. Such wonderful, kind and caring people that were eager to help in any way. Right in downtown Murfreesboro TN so close to a lot of things and just a little way off the Interstate.
This was just one of 3 houses they had you can rent the whole thing or just an apartment. A family vacation with 4 parts of the extended family all together in a roomy home environment with lots of space to enjoy family rather than crowding into 1 of 4 hotel rooms or suites.
I cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Tono, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My husband is Japanese, and we traveled from Japan to have an American wedding and reception in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, very near my hometown. Planning a wedding from overseas was indeed stressful, but the staff at Carriage Lane Inn worked very well with my wedding coordinator as well as with myself. When I described my bridesmaids' bouquets, they ordered the same flowers from their own florist the Thursday before and used my wedding flowers, colors, and theme to coordinate their own decor with my vision. I adore my pictures, as they are so very beautiful to look back upon! Guests at the reception absolutely loved the Victorian feel of the reception hall as well as the food and decor. Having the Carriage Lane Inn staff working alongside my wedding coordinator really took the stress off of me and allowed me to thoroughly enjoy my day. It was more beautiful than I'd ever dreamed. In addition to a wonderful wedding reception, my Japanese family and I very much enjoyed our stay at Carriage Lane Inn's smallest house, the Cottage. Five family members traveled from Japan to come to our wedding, and the Cottage was indeed the perfect place for us to stay. It was beyond amazing for my Japanese family members. They absolutely loved the Cottage, dropping comments about how they wanted to live in America if all houses were so beautiful. There was so much space that we were able to invite my American family members from out of town over for dinner. The kitchen area and living room were cozy and the perfect size for us. There was a grill outside that my father used to cook American food for our Japanese guests. The beauty of the decor in the house swept us all away. We didn't want to leave! If my Japanese family is able to visit Tennessee again, we definitely want to stay at Carriage Lane Inn. We can't dream of any place else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stay over Memorial Day weekend[2010],we had all 3 homes rented for 2 nights. During the outdoor wedding rehearsel with no wind blowing, a huge tree limb [14'diameter x10' long] fell out of a tree that has been dead a long time and should have been cut downlong ago. It was in an area that someone could easily have been standing and would have been killed instantly. In one of the homes the fridge barely got cold,this whole place could use more upkeep. I feel when you spend an average of $500. per night per house and it does not include breakfast, that is ridiculous I have stayed in plenty of B&Bs and by far, most include breakfast for a lot less money. On the day we were to leave and checkout time is 11:00am, a lady came into our house at 7:30am and started doing laundry and cleaning,if she had asked if we would mind that would be different,she never said a word and hardly spoke to us when we spoke to her. We never saw or met or even talked to the owners of this facility. Very overpriced for what you receive in return. I would suggest you look elsewhere,you can do much better for your money!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
bysha, Owner at Carriage Lane Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
We're sorry that this gentleman did not have a good time at our place.

We are very proud to have all these really old beautiful trees and have been topping to try and save them but it did have a limb that fell that did not look damaged from the outside but was clearly rotten on the inside. It is evidently time for the tree to be removed which we hate to do but we are so glad no one was hurt.

The house was rented as a vacation rental not a bed and breakfast. The only difference is the cost, whole house is private to one family and the breakfast. Our property is a complex of 4 houses which can accommodate up to 30 - 40 people at a time so when they want privacy, a breakfast is a separate event and for this family, some of the guests chose to purchase the additional breakfast and some did not. Evidently he was in the "did not" group.

My 85 year old mother has Alzheimers and works cleaning and doing the laundry at CLI. She does sometimes try to go into the houses when we have guests ,just as she does everyday to do the laundry, because she forgets that she is not suppose to be there we have guests. Most of the time the doors are locked and she just goes away. It is hard to keep up with her because her body is so fit but her mind is not.

The other wedding guests in this party raved over the place to our staff, but happy campers do not normally post reviews.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My reason for this negative rating is the following:

I planned a trip to Murfreesboro for 3 nights and 2
accommodations were recommended to me.
I contacted both but preferred the Carriage House.
I could not confirm the trip until 4 days prior to arrival
so I inquired about cancellation requirements.
My second choice said I would need to confirm
shortly due to limited availability. I contacted the
Carriage House, my first choice. They told me I
could cancel within 4 days of arrival to meet my
request instead of their normal 7 day policy,
just provide us with the necessary information.
I inquired what they needed but got no response
after 3 attempts in a week. I contacted my second
choice…..they were now booked.

Horrible customer service. Poor communication. Poorly run business.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

The Carriage Lane Inn Bed and Breakfast was above and beyond what we had hoped for, for our wedding weekend. The staff was incredibly helpful and professional, and did an excellent job making our wedding a wonderful experience. The staff proactively helped coordinate many aspects of the wedding and the weekend events, and helped make the weekend a beautiful, relaxing, family centered experience. The rooms were beautifully decorated and clean, the reception facility was warm and inviting, and the food was amazing! Our family and friends gave an abundance of compliments about our venue choice. We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate one of the most special weekends of our lives! The price for the wedding package was unbeatable, and well worth the investment!! We already plan to revisit for our anniversary, and have overheard friends and family hoping to make it a reunion/retreat destination in the future. Absolutely beautiful!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Carriage Lane Inn? Share your experiences!