“Overall good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Athens, Georgia
“Overall good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Good: clean room, pleasant atmosphere, good amenities, nice breakfast bar

Bad: Bathroom was older and somewhat run down but no big deal, curtains did not close all the way except for shear drapes

Overall: 4 stars. Most of the staff were very pleasant, and the lobby had a soothing feel to it. I was there for work so when I got home I just wanted to chill out in a relaxing environment and this hotel did the job. It was very quiet, even with school groups visiting I was not disturbed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We take each and every one to heart. Without feedback how can we improve our customer's experience? Thanks again for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay.
Kathryn Brisolara, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wentzville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Have stayed in Holiday Inns of all levels inside U.S. and and in Europe. As always we were pleased with our stay. Room was clean. Staff was pleasant. Close to numerous restaurants and shopping. Murfreesboro is actually a very busy little place on a Saturday night but we had no trouble finding a spot to eat within walk distance. As always our complimentary breakfast was adequate and the cinnamon rolls are always so warm and good. Would definitely stay here again as we pass through Tennessee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We are extremely pleased to know you enjoyed your stay! Yes, Murfreesboro is a "very busy little place" on Saturdays. There are so many things to do and places to eat. I will let our staff know you made such wonderful comments.
Portland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The rooms were clean, warm, spacious and well appointed. We slept pretty well, which is unusual for us at a hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful; the FULL breakfast was awesome! We had the room right above the dining room, overlooking the pool and the balcony in the beautiful lobby, and awoke to the wonderful smell of breakfast in the morning. No, they didn't charge extra for that.... We will very likely do this again next year for this event. GREAT place for a couple's weekend away!

Room Tip: If you need a handicap room, go ahead and ask! We saw more than one on the way to our room. Seems to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Nothing beats waking up to the wonderful smell of our Express Hot Breakfast. We are grateful you chose to stay with us on your "Couple's Weekend Away". Murfreesboro has so much to offer and it is impossible to do it all in one weekend. Please come again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here because the rate was cheaper than the Marriott and included free breakfast. Check in was fast and I even got a 5% AAA discount. Rooms were clean and included a refrigerator and microwave. The room was bigger than average with two queens and a chaise lounge with ottoman. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was your average hotel buffet. Overall I was very happy with this hotel and will be staying here the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are extremely excited to know you enjoyed your stay. We know it can be stressful while searching for a college. Hopefully Murfreesboro will be your home away from home.
Meadville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the room was modern and updated and the location was great right off rt 24 with every restaurant imaginable nearby. The biggest highlight though was the terrific gym which not only ha brand new cardio equipment but also free weights (dumbells) and medicine balls and a nice bench. Most HI Expresses have a little cardio equipment, and no free weights in a very cramped area. I was very happy to see that wasn't the case here. Highly recommended!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We are so excited to know you enjoyed our BRAND NEW Fitness Center! We are very proud of our new equipment and the space that is provided. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.
Goddard, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We recently completed a 5 day road trip through the southern states to view fall foliage and to hit a few places on our "bucket list" in life. We arrived very late after driving 13 hours. The place was easy to find, room was great, no highway noise, would for sure stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: The free breakfast is good, not great, but what do you expect for free? :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We love to hear what our customers are saying about us.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I received my bill I noticed that the room rate was more than I was quoted and they had not taken into account my deposit. I assumed a 5 second stop at the front desk would correct this Let's see, I have an email confirming the rate and a deposit made to Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro. I have a copy of the statement on the credit card showing the money paid to Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro. Twenty minutes later I walked away calling up my credit card company to dispute the charges because they refused to change anything. The front desk instead charged me a higher rate and refused to admit that a deposit was paid. It was an unbelievable exercise in futility. I was told that I made the room reservation in July. Impossible because this trip was not planned then. I was told I made the room reservation with a 202 area code. Impossible because I do not live or have a phone from DC. I will also note that because the shower curtains are too short tons of water escapes from the shower and mold is growing in the bathroom. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HIEManager_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not receive the best experience. I am personally reviewing this case so this situation will not happen again. Please visit us the next time you are in the area so we may regain your trust.
Kathryn Brisolara, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central? Share your experiences!