“Very nice, excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice, excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is a newer Holiday Inn Express and we thought it was very clean with spacious rooms (either regular or suite as family had each). HUGE TV's in each room. Very nice front desk staff both evening and morning.

Location cannot be beat: right off highway, Cracker Barrel almost across the street (yes, hotel has free breakfast which really isn't too bad but if you want something more...), Mall to the back and more restaurants everywhere you turn.

Yes, there can be highway noise but NOWHERE near the levels of other older hotels we have stayed at in same type of location.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club, they will upgrade if available
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Morristown, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

we did not stay because the manager, Kathryn Brisolar was extremely rude and did not want us to stay. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Kingston, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed here in mid March 2011 on a business trip. Granted I made this resoervation only 2 days in advance, and when I arrived it appeared I got the last room available (there was a TSSAA athletics event held in town). All the hotels on this row of fairly new properties were packed. I got room 115 a big suite right behind the business center and front desk, which sadly, is also right across from the elevator lobby. With a hotel full of teens, it was not quiet. I would recommend ear plugs for a good night's sleep. The room was nice, with a large sofa bed, nice desk, and king bed with large flat screen on a wardrobe across from the foot. Fridge and Microwave were next to the desk, and the bath was a little small. The property is densely packed too, with not a lot of parking apparent. Still, it was new, and clean, so if it were a little less packed, I would happily stay here again (in a higher floor room).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I recently had a wedding and reserved 9 rooms with this hotel. At first everything was great from reserving the rooms all the way to detail of which people I wanted in each room. Well when my guest started checking in the ladies we joking and playing so much they were not paying attention to what was going on. My 1st guest room had to be changed at check in because the room was flooded. After they left my wedding practice to return to the hotel the same couple who room was flooded at check in their room was flooded again and had to be changed again. Okay when I came to the hotel to find out what was going on they were still laughing and said "oh we got it taken care of". Again i had another guest room that I myself stayed with him that night to wake up the next morning with the floor of the room flooded because the sink and the toliet overflowed. With all these mistakes this hotel tried to charge me "NO SHOW FEES" saying I had 3 people not show up when everyone showed but 1 and I cancelled it before the cutt off time of 6pm. Well a week later is when they sent me the email saying that they were going to charge me these fees.....A WEEK LATER!!! Well I spoke with the hotel manager Jason and he assured me that the fees would not be charged and if it did post he would return my funds. Sure enough the fees were pending to my acct. I called Jason and he even sent me a letter saying that this would not POST to my account yet the very next day it posted when i called back he was out of office and the RUDE front desk clerk hung up on me and said he would not be back in office until the end of the week. Well I called back and asked for another manager she said there is not one and hung up again. I called back and told her to stop hanging up after I ask one question she then hung up on me again. THIS PLACE IS A RIP OFF by the time I got in contact with corp. the manager Jason was emailing me upset because the front desk clerk was crying because i called back upset about her being unprofessional. This hotel has still yet to get me back my funds saying that it takes the bank 3 days to return funds. Well I actually am a banker for a very well known bank in the COUNTRY so I had to inform him the funds never would have posted to my account if he had removed the charges while it was pending like he said and if a vendor refunds funds to a account it does not take 3 days just the end of the next posting. Just like when they tried to charge me for 2 nights when I only stayed for 1 that second nights charges were removed before posting to my account. This hotel is very rude and unprofessional to the public I would not reccomend my worst enemy to this hotel......and I will be reporting them to the BBB

• Stayed November 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

This past weekend my sister, and my 2 adult children and I took a brief trip up to Middle TN, we have relatives in Murfreesboro, but were not able to see them during this time. We were just making a brief trip up to view some land we recently purchased in Linden area as well as to just "get away from the City hustle and bustle" for a few days. We drove up, Thursday and first stayed at a hotel in Franklin, that was nice, but very noisy. We received very little sleep. (and they did try to make this right at check out by awarding me lots of extra priority points and a discount if I stay in the future, so that manager was excellent as well). We were attempting to make the drive back to Atlanta Friday night, when exhausted, we decided to go ahead and stay another night. Being a Priority club Member, we called the Main Holiday Inn phone lines and made a last minute reservation with the Murfreesboro hotel. The Staff were EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY and very accommodating. We told them we needed a quiet room, and were booked on the top floor. Quiet is what we needed, Quiet is what we got!! I would have to say, that in all my worldly travels (and being a military wife, this is quite a few), I have never stayed in a room as Quiet as the one they put us in. We heard not a peep out of anyone or anything!! Thanks guys for coming to our rescue The Facilities were also very beautiful and the morning buffet breakfast bar quite plentiful. I love Holiday Inn!!!! Thanks for all you do!!!.. PS- anyone who hasn't seen it, Middle TN is a very beautiful area - Come for a visit!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

In desperation, my wife arrived to the Holiday Inn Express in Murfreesboro without a reservation and was greeted by Robert at the front desk late at night. She was actually mourning the loss of a sister which brought her to town suddenly. Robert displayed great professionalism, sympathy, patience and willingness to assist her as he worked to check her in last-minute at a great rate on a moments notice. This hotel exceeded our expectations in so many ways and met our needs during this time of duress. We recommend it to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

This hotel was clean, the staff was excellent, the location was convenient and I would definitely stay there again. Was there for a basketball tournament with 3 or 4 teams and their families. Free breakfast was adequate and plentiful. Tiffany at the front desk was extremely helpful with suggestions of places to eat and directions around Murphreesboro. Rooms were complete with refrigerators and microwaves and the housekeeping staff was very courteous and available. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. The fact that it was clean and seemed to be well maintained was the most important to me. There is a mall across the street and plenty of eateries around.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central? Share your experiences!