“Fine for a one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Orlando, Florida
“Fine for a one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel was pretty much half way from where we came from to where we were going. It had been a long day and we couldn't wait to arrive.
It was easy to get to from the highway and easy to get back on to. The check-in area was clean and speedy. We arrived around 7 ish so were ready for sleep. The room was clean and didn't have an odor, unlike many we stay in. The bed was comfortable and we all slept great. We were on the road by 6 so didn't partake of the breakfast.
It could use some updating, but we would stay there again.

Room Tip: I really didn't hear any noise so can't recommend one over another.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Your_GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write review about your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire team. We are in the process of renovating our property and are taking notes from our guests! We hope you serve you in the future.

At you service,

Sheetal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Got into the area towards early evening. Most of the hotels were sold out. Decided to stay here since the price was reasonable and was also tired after driving 8 hours. Put our bags in the room and went to get something to eat, really didn't look at the room until we returned.Let me tell you,
I wouldn't recommend this motel to my worst enemy! First off it was a smoking room and usually doesn't bother me but this room smelled and not just from being a smoking room! Had such a horrific odor, chairs were stained with who knows what! Couldn't even sit down in them until I put a towel down. The carpets were so sticky and gross! Kept my socks on! Bathroom was disgusting!! Finally went to pull back blankets on bed and there were holes in the sheets!! Tried to sleep but decided to just get up and check out! Told whomever that was on duty about everything and all she said was I'll let them know, didn't seem to care since I'm sure they get these complaints every day. The place needs to be either renovated or torn down! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Your_GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Sunnilady,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services. I am committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

I agree that our rooms could use a little TLC. We are in the process of renovating our property and are taking notes from our guests! Please know that I am available if you would like to discuss this matter further. Again, thank you for your time and I do hope to serve you once again in the future.

At Your Service,

Sheetal
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

For the price, would stay again.....very clean, convenient safe location, friendly staff... Sure, it could use some updating, but my issue is always cleanliness and friendliness....and it has both......Go for this one!

Room Tip: Close to good restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I guess it's like any Econolodge. It's fine if you wanna take a brake and spend the night. There's very little space in the breakfast area but other than that me and my family found it ok, didn't have any problem.

• Stayed September 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We try to avoid Econo Lodge based on previous experience. This time, we were going to Bonnaroo and it seemed that all the hotels near the festival were booked up. We ended up at Econo Lodge again. The price was high compared to other comparable acommodations in the area. We really were not expecting much but this time the room turned out to be clean and (happy days) it had a hair dryer, mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave.

On the down side, when we arrived at our room the door was propped wide open with a face cloth jammed into the bottom. We had no idea how long our room was open to anyone who happened to pass by or to the mosquitos. We also didn't know why but there was an overwhelming smell of cleanser or bug spray (not sure which). The other downside was that our next door neighbours were having a very loud conversation at 2 a.m. The walls were paper thin so we called the front desk. They told us that they would call the room and if they failed to quiet down, they would call police. The noise didn't stop but we were so exhausted from the festival that we just tried to tune it out. Continental breakfast was mini muffins and donuts. They ran out of donuts.

Econo Lodge is still on the bottom of our list of choices but this time the experience was not horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Wales, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A very good property for a very reasonable rate. Continental breakfast was not anything to brag about, but can eat at a nice restaurant for breakfast and lunch on the money saved compared to other hotels in the area. Room was very clean and nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Again, I think there needs to be a rating somewhere in between "Average" and "Very Good" -- but here "Average" will have to do. But seriously -- I paid $50 a night for a very nice room with a sitting area. It had an older TV and the bathroom was as clean as it could be (which left a little room for improvement but hey). I was there alone and didn't need a Palace accommodation. I was very pleased. The breakfast kept me from being famished even though it was limited. The night desk staff person was, well, easy to look at and very helpful. My room was quiet and the beds were comfortable - I slept like a baby. I think this hotel was a GREAT value for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!