“Good nite's sleep!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Select Inn Murfreesboro

You added Select Inn Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Select Inn Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 South Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Murfreesboro)   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Milwaukee, Wi
“Good nite's sleep!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Using Priceline we got this room for a pretty good price- tried to get one for my mom. & her husband but it wouldnt go thru so we just checked in @ the front desk. They couldnt honor that price but their regular price was less than a $1 more!! Front desk was Very helpful!! The rooms were clean, maybe a bit dated but good with a very comfy bed !! Great mexican food next door! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Arrived here late at night, just looking for a room for a few hours of sleep. Our first clue should have been that the night clerk checked us in behind a glass window with presumably bullet proof glass. Got checked in (for $80 a night mind you) and saw several shady characters hanging around. Proceeded to our room and the smell and horrible pink décor flooded our senses. We got to our room and the first thing we noticed was that the microwave looked like it was run over by a truck. The bed linen was horrible and one box spring had a large brown stain on it that I didn't even want to know what it was. The TV was pretty old and the controller was sticky with something. The pictures online made it look like each room had a balcony when in reality the doors opened up to a foot of standing space and a rail. Proceed to the next morning where we discovered that the toilet was offset so badly that you could practically see the sewage pipe underneath. I got into the shower and discovered several black hairs awaiting me and the drain was stopped up. We got out of there as fast as we could that morning but on the way out it appeared that someone had urinated in the stairwell, Just icing on the cake I guess. I wouldn't stay here again if it was free and I was homeless.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a incident on I24 and this was the first hotel available. Very pleasant surprise. Staff pleasant and helpful, room clean and very nice. I travel ALOT and this hotel moved to the top of my list for murfreesboro stops.
reading the other reviews seems like two different hotels. I dont understand. but room 111 was definitely a good room!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I do alot of traveling and have stayed here several times. The staff is always friendly, rooms are clean, and the price is affordable. There are several restaurants close by and a mexican restaurant on the premises that is very good, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Damian, Frankfort,Ky.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the first floor,no special reason just not as far to walk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Awful smell, smoky, mildew-like. Scratchy, thin sheets, towels, blanket. Paper thin walls, could hear everything next door. (use your imagination). Cheap imported soap, shampoo that didn't lather. Old cigarette stains in the countertops. Avoid this motel like the plague.

• Stayed October 2013
Angola,In, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was not expecting perfect at just under 60.00 per night but on a recent 10 day trip payed a lot less and got much better rooms everywhere! Place is run down, added few things but still musty smelling, bathroom pipes coming out of the wall, threadbare washcloths, REALLY SLOW drains. Was afraid to take a shower as shower head barely hanging on. Lots of questionable people around and thin walls. Did not try for any breakfast or even coffee in room as only one cup maker and only one packet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Crossville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

if you're thinking about staying at a Select Inn, DON'T. They advertise on those big highway billboards, and they say $39 in huge letters. What you don't see is underneath that huge $39 is it's for a queen bed. You need a telescope to see the writing underneath it's so damn small. I got taken, they ran my credit card, then presented me with the paperwork which showed my rate as $59. Then they fed me this line of b.s. that the $39 rate is only for one queen bed and a smoking room. I don't smoke, and I sure as hell don't want a smoking room. Plus they only have two of those rooms even if you wanted one you probably can't get it. Unfortunately I only had a $100 credit on my credit card, so I couldn't check out because it they already swiped my card and it would take a few days for it to get credited back to my card, and where am I going to find a room for $25? I called their corporate office and left messages for their executive VP, and he never returned my call. What does that tell you. They don't give a rip about the customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Select Inn Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!