“Worst motel I've visited” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Select Inn Murfreesboro

You added Select Inn Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Select Inn Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 South Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Murfreesboro)   |
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Worst motel I've visited”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Awful smell, smoky, mildew-like. Scratchy, thin sheets, towels, blanket. Paper thin walls, could hear everything next door. (use your imagination). Cheap imported soap, shampoo that didn't lather. Old cigarette stains in the countertops. Avoid this motel like the plague.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Angola,In, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was not expecting perfect at just under 60.00 per night but on a recent 10 day trip payed a lot less and got much better rooms everywhere! Place is run down, added few things but still musty smelling, bathroom pipes coming out of the wall, threadbare washcloths, REALLY SLOW drains. Was afraid to take a shower as shower head barely hanging on. Lots of questionable people around and thin walls. Did not try for any breakfast or even coffee in room as only one cup maker and only one packet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Crossville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

if you're thinking about staying at a Select Inn, DON'T. They advertise on those big highway billboards, and they say $39 in huge letters. What you don't see is underneath that huge $39 is it's for a queen bed. You need a telescope to see the writing underneath it's so damn small. I got taken, they ran my credit card, then presented me with the paperwork which showed my rate as $59. Then they fed me this line of b.s. that the $39 rate is only for one queen bed and a smoking room. I don't smoke, and I sure as hell don't want a smoking room. Plus they only have two of those rooms even if you wanted one you probably can't get it. Unfortunately I only had a $100 credit on my credit card, so I couldn't check out because it they already swiped my card and it would take a few days for it to get credited back to my card, and where am I going to find a room for $25? I called their corporate office and left messages for their executive VP, and he never returned my call. What does that tell you. They don't give a rip about the customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent 6 nights at the Select and found it impeccable.Room was clean ,and could not find a better room for the money.I would recommend Select to anyone seeking value,cleanliness,and a professional and friendly staff.Maggie,Eric and Jeremy treated me like a family member.I will definitely stay there againProperty was well kept,as were all corridors,and pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms 101-121 are the quietest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were looking for a clean economical place to stay when we visited Shelbyville TN for the TWH Celebration. The Select Inn in Murfreesboro filled that need well. The grounds were kept up and the exterior was in good shape. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was large, in good shape and clean. Our room was very quiet even though it was near the exit to the parking lot. The Continental Breakfast was fresh and sufficient. The breakfast area was clean and attended frequently by the staff.
We also enjoyed the Mexican restaurant next door.
We were surprised and pleased to find a place to stay that was this well managed for the price on a special weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After our house burnt to the ground in a freak accident, our family was without a home. We didn't have much money so we looked for a low rate for a week or so, until our insurance money came in. We select , and I must admit, reading all the comments below made us skeptical.Due to some processing hang ups e ended up staying two weeks. Our stay was very enjoyable, or room was newly renovated with a flat screen TV, the staff were very welcoming, frormdly, kind accommodating, and helpful. Anything we needed, they helped us. The pool was clean and the attached restaurant made it easy to have a good meal. PK, the manager was wonderful and great with our kids, he always asked how they were fairing and made us feel at home when our home was ripped out from under us. You can't find a better deal or service for the price! excellent people and place!!!

• Stayed August 2013
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We always try to do our best. I am glad we did just that during your stay. If you should need lodging in the future we look forward to serving you.

PK
West Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay was a nightmare!!! The room stunk, the carpet was moldy, the bathroom had black mold around the tub, there was a fight between a "couple" that required police involvement. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Select Inn Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!