“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Select Inn Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Select Inn Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Select Inn Murfreesboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 South Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Murfreesboro)   |
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were looking for a clean economical place to stay when we visited Shelbyville TN for the TWH Celebration. The Select Inn in Murfreesboro filled that need well. The grounds were kept up and the exterior was in good shape. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was large, in good shape and clean. Our room was very quiet even though it was near the exit to the parking lot. The Continental Breakfast was fresh and sufficient. The breakfast area was clean and attended frequently by the staff.
We also enjoyed the Mexican restaurant next door.
We were surprised and pleased to find a place to stay that was this well managed for the price on a special weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After our house burnt to the ground in a freak accident, our family was without a home. We didn't have much money so we looked for a low rate for a week or so, until our insurance money came in. We select , and I must admit, reading all the comments below made us skeptical.Due to some processing hang ups e ended up staying two weeks. Our stay was very enjoyable, or room was newly renovated with a flat screen TV, the staff were very welcoming, frormdly, kind accommodating, and helpful. Anything we needed, they helped us. The pool was clean and the attached restaurant made it easy to have a good meal. PK, the manager was wonderful and great with our kids, he always asked how they were fairing and made us feel at home when our home was ripped out from under us. You can't find a better deal or service for the price! excellent people and place!!!

• Stayed August 2013
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We always try to do our best. I am glad we did just that during your stay. If you should need lodging in the future we look forward to serving you.

PK
West Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay was a nightmare!!! The room stunk, the carpet was moldy, the bathroom had black mold around the tub, there was a fight between a "couple" that required police involvement. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

The stay has been absolutely terrible. The manager of this hotel is just down right rude. After kindly asking the manager not to knock on the door (I had a do not disturb sign on the door) he and his the staff here knocked on my door constantly. The rooms are just nasty. The bathroom smelled so bad. They obviously have a sewer problem here that needs to be addressed. I personally feel someone went through my room while I was away. They reprogrammed my key several times. I would not waste my time here. You're better off sleeping in your car. The staff here is beyond unprofessional! You have lost my business!

• Stayed May 2013
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for the absolute horrible service you received at my property. This kind of services absolutely unacceptable and cannot be tolerated the individual that was representing himself as the owner will now undergo complete retraining. My hotel has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. I only wished that I had the opportunity to correct it before you left. Please think about giving us another opportunity. I am sure that your stay will be very comfortable and enjoyable. Again I apologize. Thank you. PK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is disgusting. The smell of mildew and mold overwhelms you as soon as you walk into the hallway. Very seedy groups of people staying here. We do not feel safe at all. Will not leave anything in the room when we leave.
Bed is full of black hair upon arrival. Already have a headache after 30 minutes in the room.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed May 2013
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for some of the things that you encountered here at the property. We are in the process of going through a renovation and sometimes there is some confusion in things left undone. Please forgive this oversight. I WISHED THAT YOU HAD LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNSATISFACTORY STAY PRIOR TO YOU LEAVING. I AM POSITIVE THAT WE COULD OF MADE YOUR STAY PERFECT. WE DO HAVE 100% GUARANTEE ON YOUR STAY. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations at our property. Thank you. PK
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For my money this stay was at a little older but clean'' hotel, this room had plenty of room and a big step up from Knights Inn. I got plenty of rest as it was quiet here'' and loved the Mexican Restaurant that is attached to the building.

Room Tip: bottom floor has sliding door , step out and there is your car''
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your response from your stay on January 23, 2013. Your input is very valuable to us to help us improve our property and to give outstanding service. I'm glad you felt that you received your money's worth. We would look forward to seeing you in the future. Again, thank you
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The first thing I noticed was that the hallway smelled funny. Not in the room, though. The A/C - heating in the room would not cooperate. It was either too hot or too cold. Couldn't get it anywhere between. The hot water in the shower was only lukewarm. The hair dryer also didn't work.
Oh and MY CAR WINDOW was broken into and things stolen from me while in the parking lot, right near the front desk! I realize this is not necessarily the hotels fault, but even if other things had been perfect, I would not feel safe there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for some of the things that you encountered here at the property. We are in the process of going through a renovation and sometimes there is some confusion in things left undone. Please forgive this oversight. I am very surprised about the incident in the parking lot. Since this is the first incident that ever has been reported to us. One of our number one priorities is customer security and safety. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations at our property. Thank you. PK

Been to Select Inn Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!