“Nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Waterman, Illinois
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is right along the interstate, easy access in/out and close to LOTS of restaurants/shopping, etc. Everything a traveler would need during a trip plus some. The front desk person was not very friendly and seemed like it was almost bothersome to check us in. The room was adequate, nothing fancy. Upon departure, someone had looked like they began to mop the elevator floor, then left in hurry and didn't finish the job. Definitely a slip hazard to say the least! Stairways were disgusting. All amenities in the room were in working order surprisingly. The continental breakfast was good, but the area where we ate was once again disgusting. I wouldn't stay here again if I was traveling through Tennesee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Yes, in fact our hotel is very convenient to a large variety of restaurants. In addition, less than a mile from Walmart, Target and Stones River Mall.
Regarding our "un-friendly" front desk attendant, we stress to all of our employees, especially the front desk staff that their behavior sets the tone for the guest's stay at our hotel. If we do not seem welcoming, then that for sure is turn off. I really appreciate you taking the time to call this to my attention, as this is certainly not how we want our staff to portray our hotel. The elevator is scheduled to be "remodeled" within the next two weeks. We have been waiting for business to slow down so we can take the elevator out of service, and not inconvenience our guests.
The "continental breakfast" is actually a Full Hot Breakfast buffet. The "area we ate in was disgusting", was in fact cleaned the previous day after breakfast was completed, but the groups that were staying for the week used the atrium/breakfast area to eat their pizza's and to "hang out" and therefore the atrium seemed "disgusting". A procedure is in place to keep this from happening again, as appearance is everything, and if we appear dirty, then the guests will assume everything is dirty.
If you are in Tennessee again, please notify me @stephclarionmurf@yahoo.com and I will take care of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is the fourth time we have stated here with our baseball team! And we will not stay anywhere else. The rooms are clean, the beds are great, love the pillows, and the housekeeping staff was very accommodating. The breakfast is awesome....eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, waffles and MORE..which saved us money and convenience. The atrium is perfect for teams and groups. Us parents can sit in the atrium or by the indoor pool and hot tub and visit and have a beverage after a long day at the ball fields and the kids can play games or swim! They even had awesome Jose do our team laundry for us in the hotels washers and dryers! The front desk lady-Katy was very pleasant and helpful! And of course Steph, the Sales Director makes sure we know we are "FAMILY". She greets us when we walk in the lobby with hugs and smiles..and has us in OUR regular rooms! Our team will not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Great location for restaurants, WalMart and highway. Queen beds by pool, doubles are in tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Half-eaten food by the pool, syrup all over the air hockey table and trash in the elevator...for days! The room was adequate, but when we returned in the middle of the day the cleaning lady hadn't even touched our room. Instead of cleaning it so we could go in and rest, we were handed clean trash bags and she walked away! All common areas were very dirty.

• Stayed June 2014
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your recent stay at our hotel. This is not the norm, and it is certainly not the way we want our hotel to be represented to our guests. We value the fact that we want each and every guests stay to be comfortable, clean and "homey". We were very very busy that particular weekend with lots of kids, but none the less, that is no excuse not to keep the commons areas cleaned up. (We, as a staff, are used to being sold out on the weekends, and usually are able to handle the volume of "mess".)
Regarding our housekeeping issue-that is certainly not acceptable. The behavior and rhetoric of our housekeeper has been dealt with and I thank you for letting us know that this occurred.
If you are ever in the area again and in need of a room please contact me and I will take care of your stay and you will see that we take all comments very seriously and take action.
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

You must bring a fan to drown out the noise from the indoor pool and air hockey table. The pool closes at 10:00, but then people running around are heard. It looks like the area was enclosed later after the original structure. A very poor design. The rooms smell badly, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with door on outside.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. Our hotel is set up to host groups/teams and they do tend to hang out in our atrium and near the pool. Our policy is to shut down the pool at 10:00PM during the week, and 10:30-11:00 on Friday and Saturdays. This is NOT adhered to, though, if the noise in the atrium is loud and disruptive to our guests. In addition, it is our policy that if you are not part of the large group or groups staying with us then we place you in our tower to avoid the additional noise.
I do apologize for this inconvenience, as travelers do stay at a hotel to get rest.
Yes, in fact this used to be a Holiday Inn Holidome, and that is the way they were built. It wasn't enclosed at a later date, this is the original design.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel has a nice indoor pool and hottub that are actually warm and hot! I was very pleased with my stay overall. The place is clean and well taken care of. The only problem I had was at check in my card was charged even though I told the clerk I wanted to pay cash. The hotel did immediately clear it up, faxing a statement to my bank to release the hold. The bathroom was a little small, but the room was a nice room. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel was very nice with a great hot breakfast and a very relaxing atmosphere near poolside with many tables and chairs. Check in young man was SUPER. Very friendly and helpful. Very impressive. Upon checkout the young man on duty never said hello and I seemed to be a bother to him. He handed me the receipt and said there you go. I should have said you are welcome so he might be reminded to say THANK YOU. But instead I said thank you and left. Amazing how this changed my opinion of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
knoxville tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

So very disappointed,
Checked in sun 5/4/13
Went to fitness center on mon 5/4 BOTH treadmills belts were slipping when I informed the girl at front desk someone was going to get hurt , she acted as if she couldn't care less, offered to put signs on saying out of order.
Water was off in hotel twice on Monday,
I would not recommend staying here, and when I'm next in Nashville , I will pick another place
the lady that checked me out on Monday 5/6 was professional and courteous, the breakfast was edible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Please accept my apology on behalf of our hotel. It just so happens that I am the lady that checked you out, and when you told me about the treadmills I was truly concerned, and very appreciative that you did tell me. If I/we don't know we can't fix it. Safety is first and foremost is our concern for any guest. I will discuss front desk responses to guests with our front desk staff, as they are trained to be sensitive to every concern that any guest has, and to act upon any concern a guest has. Regarding the water being shut down, we tried to be as proactive as possible to let the guests know it would be down from 12:00PM-3PM on 5/5 to work on a water line break. We chose that time to have the water off to let our guests have time to shower and bath before their 11:00AM check out. It was an extenuating circumstance for us, but needed to be taken care of. I really wish you would give us another chance, as I believe this stay for you was not the norm for our hotel.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!