“Clean rooms, good breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 33 hotels in Murfreesboro
georgia
“Clean rooms, good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for visiting the family. This is the original Holiday Inn for back in the late 60's early 70's with an atrium covering some of the rooms which used to be outside so they have a combo of indoor/outdoor rooms. We had an indoor room and the first night was quiet even though a group of late teens/early twenties were in the pool/hot tub and sitting around the atrium area playing cards. The second night, some men decided at midnight to play pool and air hockey guess we were lucky their money ran out by 1:00 am or someone on the hotel staff asked them to quit. The beds are comfy. The breakfast is above average. The room was clean. My negative would be that this a partly smoking hotel and you smell smoke as soon as you leave the inside of the hotel. Other negative would be hotel employees need a designated break/smoking area since they congregated outside of one entrance and you had to walk through them and their smoke to get to your car.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 1 night and didn't want to leave. From check in to check out I was very pleased. The night manager was very friendly and respectful. The room was updated and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was also good, With plenty to choose from and always stocked. The breakfast attendant was also very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Martin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very helpful. Steph and all of them were ready to help in any way. I had a staff of around 10 stay for a horse show and convenient location, parking and great breakfast! Beds are nice, and rooms are clean, and the pool area is very nice. Great family place. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I was disrespected by the staff and talked to like a child. They tried to get me to share a room with someone else on my wedding day. The room they gave me had dog hair all over it and it was broke down and so nasty. The air didnt work and it was hot. I paid $1200 and wasn't given a refund at all. Bad people. Even the GM didn't know what he was doing. I work in hospitality and I should have known better than to use a hotel that is below my standards.

• Stayed April 2014
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
This guest had a wedding in our ballroom. She paid $1200 for a room that should have been $1700, but attempted to work within her budget. (After she expressed her displeasure she was REFUNDED $200.) She was given the ballroom the day before her wedding to decorate so she would not be rushed on her special day, at no charge.She did not show up to decorate until 8:10PM the night before. She asked the DOS the night before her wedding if there was somewhere she could change into her wedding dress, close to the ballroom. She was given a corner office, that was not a sleeping room, but across from the ballroom to convenience her and her group. DOS offered a sleeping room at no charge, as we usually do that for brides, but she declined, as she was staying at where she worked. The wedding was very very nice, and all in her party, seemed very pleased. Expressed to DOS and other staff that everything turned out wonderfully.
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

In the midst of a family tragedy, the hotel manager did everything possible to make our stay wonderful. We had nine rooms for 3 days and the staff did all that they could to accommodate us. The facility fit our needs perfectly. Very comfortable beds, polite staff, clean rooms. Very nice indoor pool area. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give your views of your stay with us. We try, as a staff, to always treat our guests as if they were our family, and in this case, with this very large family here to care for a loved ones family, they were treated as "our family". They let us know their circumstances, and we opened up our atrium for them to gather in, to laugh and to cry and to love while staying in a foreign "home". We would not have it any other way.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I don't know what this hotel can do about the noise, but it was the worst night. My husband and I eventually got up at 3:45 and left about 4:30 A.M. because the noise was so bad. The traffic outside, the other guests, you name it, you hear it. Plus then when I went to take my shower I waited forever to get some hot water, and finally figured I would never get any. I took a luke-warm shower. My husband's shower was much better. So, when you want to take a shower, turn on the water way in advance.

Room Tip: We had an outside room, and it was extremely loud. Room 101.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the noise issue. Not sure if your room was an "outside entrance" or a highway entrance, which does tend to get a little noisy. If it was then we always move our guests upon request. We have many guests who prefer outside entrance rooms, and we always take care of preference. If the noise was in the atrium, especially that late then that is a hotel problem that we very rarely if ever have. We shut down the pool and atrium lights at 10:30 PM nightly and are very aware of the guests who's rooms are around that area. If the noise was an issue we encourage a call to our front desk and they will take care of the situation immediately. Guests stop at hotels to get sleep, and a strange bed and strange place is hard enough to rest, without noise.
Regarding the hot water, with this information a plumber has been notified and will be to our facility later today. So thank you for pointing this out to us so we can fix it. If we don't know there is a problem we can't fix it.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went.
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean. Staff seemed nice. I would absolutely recommend this hotel if you are an irresponsible parent who allows your child(ren) to roam the halls unsupervised running and screaming well into the wee hours of the morning OR if you and your friends plan to stay up all night in the common area loudly laughing and discussing your life's dramas and traumas. This is definitely the place for you! However, if you plan to sleep, even for a couple of hours, I would consider staying somewhere where sleep is in the hotel's mission statement. Not here. The hotel is not designed in a way that you can avoid the noise that is generated by inconsiderate hotel guests.

• Stayed April 2014
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I apologize for the problem of not getting any rest while staying at our hotel. That is very unfortunate, as the guest is usually stopping to stay the night, passing through to get some rest. This kind of complaint, concern have been very minimal, as we are very cognizant that all guests are here for different reasons, and all guests needs are very important. The noise in the atrium during this particular stay was from a very large family that had all met here and stayed here to attend a family funeral. I gave them permission to "congregate" in the atrium area to visit and laugh and cry and be with family, which is one of the pluses of our hotel. I did not leave the hotel until midnight both nights of the weekend and their noise level seemed to be acceptable.
Regarding the "kids" running up and down the hall. We are a kid friendly hotel, but running up and down the hall is a definate "no-no". We try to monitor all activity via our cameras/monitors and control all activity and noise to be respectful of all guests. Sometimes we do not catch all of the activity, and I agree that not getting rest is very upsetting.
Again, please accept our apology.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!