“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 30 hotels in Murfreesboro
Harrisburg, Illinois
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Pulled in here for a good nights sleep when traveling on I-24. This placed delivered and at a reasonable price. At first I found the layout of the hotel a bit awkward but that was not a big problem. The room was clean and comfortable with outstanding beds and pillows. We had a microwave and mini fridge, a clean and functional bath and wonderful beds. For the price we paid I would have been content with that but the complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus. It had home cooking appeal rarely found at a hotel breakfast buffet. The biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy were delicious which is something I almost never say about a complimentary breakfast. Good job Murfreesboro Clarion.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The staff at the Clarion Inn go above and beyond what anyone could expect in service. From friendly cleaning staff to the professionalism of the front desk, everyone is helpful and can't do enough for you. I'm involved in an event that uses the Clarion as their host hotel and we have been there four years now and will continue to be back every year. They accommodate many requests from needing a quick place to hold a meeting to photocopies in a pinch when our own printer went down, always with a smile and a "do you need anything else). The rooms are clean, comfortable and the fridge and microwave come in handy. I've never stayed anywhere as friendly as this. The hotel is also located in a convenient area of Murfreesboro where restaurants, shopping and services abound.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Delafield, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Florida. The indoor pool is a great plus for kids after a long day of driving. The room is ok but the beds are super comfortable. The shower is nice. There is a fridge and microwave. And room is spacious and quiet even with the large group out near the pool. The front desk was great on check in. This is an older hotel and not very expensive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

great stay . neat clean indoor area great wonderful place to stay in the winter , management and staff are great to work with , have stayed several time and is perfect, best in the area will always come back. indoor room to pool area is great stay and u will love it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

What A great Stay at The CLARION INN MURFREESBORO! Steph you And Your Staff are The best!!!! All 3DAYS They were on Point! And it's not our first time with you ..We keep comming back. Our Amaranth Ball! Retirement Parties...and when you were there for our Matrons Repass! Steph your the reason why we Keep comming back !! THANK YOU! so much For Your Hospitality!
New Era Chapter No 380
Worthy Matron
SIS. Robbie Grant

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Orange Park, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was here for the USDAA National Dog show. This was the host hotel. The hotel staff was great. We were a large group and I loved the fact that the main check in night was staffed with lots of front desk help.

We stayed in the tower on the third floor. The room was fairly large and the beds were great. (Maybe a little too high for my liking but lots of pillows and good bedding.)

The bathroom could use a little attention. While it was spacious which really helped my roommate and I out with our plentiful supply of cosmetics that we seem to think we need, the shower was broken. The glass door slid of the track very easily (at least it did for my roommate who continually knocked it off the tracks, for me not so much of a problem.) The shower needed regrouted, it was discolored and made it appear unclean but I deal with the same at home in Florida so I know it's just discolored grout/sealer.)

The rooms were quiet and we didn't get outside noise. My only other issue was the one elevator for our building. It was just at full occupancy so lots of waiting for the elevator.

The breakfast area is massive! Which is so nice that you don't have to bump people trying to grab a bagel in the morning. They had plenty of tables and a decent spread for a typical continental breakfast.

The pool area looked fun. It's inside and the whirlpool looked to have good jets. We could see it from the glasses in elevator as we rode up.

The grassy area for walking dogs is large but it is right next to the offramp for the highway. The cars are far enough away that it didn't seem to be unsafe. It's just closer than I prefer to walk my dogs to major roads and if I'd had a dog that would run away from me, I would have had to find another area for potty breaks.

Lots of food nearby including WalMart, etc. Some are within easy walking distance of the hotel. Crackerbarrell, Arbys, Burger King.

I'd stay here again because we were comfortable, close to things we needed and a great price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inward toward the pool may be noisier. I would not want to stay in the rooms right bes...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We value all comments, positive or negative. We loved being the host hotel for International USDAA Dog Show. We were really impressed with the behavior of all of the dogs, and their owners, having 174 rooms for the event, and at least 2 dogs in every room! We love dogs at this hotel.
We will address the bathroom/grout discoloration issue, as even though it is yellowed from wear, we still need to fix the appearance. Unfortunately we cannot do much about the elevator problem.
Our atrium/breakfast area is a big plus when we host groups - especially large ones. It allows for people to "hang out" and socialize, without sitting in the room the entire visit. I realize for this event the days were long, but i did notice that after guests returned from the TMC that they would put their "babies" to bed and return to mingle and relax from the long day.
Just to clarify, we have more than bagels for breakfast-sausage, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, pastries and the usual juice and coffee.
Again, thank you for taking the time to give your opinion. Hopefully we will see you again in 2015, as they have elected and selected to return to Murfreesboro, and we will be the host again!
Cavalier, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked in this hotel for 4 days for a family visit and chose it because of the indoor pool and location. The staff was friendly upon check in and I witnessed the breakfast staff helping a disabled individual prepare his meal. The rooms were adequate, but the available tv channels were limited and sometimes the signal quality was subpar. However, it is not a big deal unless you spend all your time in the room. It was in a convenient location being near several restaurants and the interstate. My only complaint is my room was across from the meeting rooms with some event going on until 11 pm, but I managed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was for the four days you were at our hotel. Regarding the tv issue, after you notified the front desk we did contact our cable provider regarding this issue and they did get out and get it fixed, unfortunately it was after you checked out.
Regarding the noise from the ballroom, we always try to place guests away from the ballroom if we are having an event in the ballroom, so for that I apologize. All events are shut down at 11:00pm, but again, we are very sensitive to the fact that some people like to come in from a long day and rest, therefore placing them away from the ballroom. For that oversight, I do apologize.
We hope to see you again at our hotel.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!