“Great trip with dogs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Orange Park, FL
“Great trip with dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was here for the USDAA National Dog show. This was the host hotel. The hotel staff was great. We were a large group and I loved the fact that the main check in night was staffed with lots of front desk help.

We stayed in the tower on the third floor. The room was fairly large and the beds were great. (Maybe a little too high for my liking but lots of pillows and good bedding.)

The bathroom could use a little attention. While it was spacious which really helped my roommate and I out with our plentiful supply of cosmetics that we seem to think we need, the shower was broken. The glass door slid of the track very easily (at least it did for my roommate who continually knocked it off the tracks, for me not so much of a problem.) The shower needed regrouted, it was discolored and made it appear unclean but I deal with the same at home in Florida so I know it's just discolored grout/sealer.)

The rooms were quiet and we didn't get outside noise. My only other issue was the one elevator for our building. It was just at full occupancy so lots of waiting for the elevator.

The breakfast area is massive! Which is so nice that you don't have to bump people trying to grab a bagel in the morning. They had plenty of tables and a decent spread for a typical continental breakfast.

The pool area looked fun. It's inside and the whirlpool looked to have good jets. We could see it from the glasses in elevator as we rode up.

The grassy area for walking dogs is large but it is right next to the offramp for the highway. The cars are far enough away that it didn't seem to be unsafe. It's just closer than I prefer to walk my dogs to major roads and if I'd had a dog that would run away from me, I would have had to find another area for potty breaks.

Lots of food nearby including WalMart, etc. Some are within easy walking distance of the hotel. Crackerbarrell, Arbys, Burger King.

I'd stay here again because we were comfortable, close to things we needed and a great price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inward toward the pool may be noisier. I would not want to stay in the rooms right bes...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We value all comments, positive or negative. We loved being the host hotel for International USDAA Dog Show. We were really impressed with the behavior of all of the dogs, and their owners, having 174 rooms for the event, and at least 2 dogs in every room! We love dogs at this hotel.
We will address the bathroom/grout discoloration issue, as even though it is yellowed from wear, we still need to fix the appearance. Unfortunately we cannot do much about the elevator problem.
Our atrium/breakfast area is a big plus when we host groups - especially large ones. It allows for people to "hang out" and socialize, without sitting in the room the entire visit. I realize for this event the days were long, but i did notice that after guests returned from the TMC that they would put their "babies" to bed and return to mingle and relax from the long day.
Just to clarify, we have more than bagels for breakfast-sausage, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, pastries and the usual juice and coffee.
Again, thank you for taking the time to give your opinion. Hopefully we will see you again in 2015, as they have elected and selected to return to Murfreesboro, and we will be the host again!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cavalier, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked in this hotel for 4 days for a family visit and chose it because of the indoor pool and location. The staff was friendly upon check in and I witnessed the breakfast staff helping a disabled individual prepare his meal. The rooms were adequate, but the available tv channels were limited and sometimes the signal quality was subpar. However, it is not a big deal unless you spend all your time in the room. It was in a convenient location being near several restaurants and the interstate. My only complaint is my room was across from the meeting rooms with some event going on until 11 pm, but I managed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was for the four days you were at our hotel. Regarding the tv issue, after you notified the front desk we did contact our cable provider regarding this issue and they did get out and get it fixed, unfortunately it was after you checked out.
Regarding the noise from the ballroom, we always try to place guests away from the ballroom if we are having an event in the ballroom, so for that I apologize. All events are shut down at 11:00pm, but again, we are very sensitive to the fact that some people like to come in from a long day and rest, therefore placing them away from the ballroom. For that oversight, I do apologize.
We hope to see you again at our hotel.
Erwin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have brought our softball team to stay at this hotel several times over the years for the state softball tournament. Steph has went well out of her way to accomodate our large group and has always been a pleasure to work with. The large area at the indoor pool is perfect to allow the girls to swim, play games and hang out with each other. The breakfast is really good and is more than the usual continental breakfast at most hotels. We are hoping to be back there this May for another stay and a chance at a state championship title!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids that will be swimming in the indoor pool, I would suggest a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WE LOVE OUR TEAMS! We cater to our teams, as with all of our guests, but sometimes our teams need different schedules for check outs and service during the day. In addition, we offer our industrial washer and dryers for teams to use instead of leaving the hotel to locate a laundromat. Also, meeting rooms are provided to our teams in case they might need to go over strategy, or have a pep talk or in some cases use that for talent shows or team building exercises. Fortunately many many of our teams do return to us, as we make them part of our Clarion family, as we try to do with all of our guests.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stephanie and the staff are wonderful. They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. The indoor pool is great for the kids or just to relax even in the winter. The free breakfast buffet is an added bonus. We will keep coming back. Did I mention Stephanie is great! If you need anything just ask her.

• Stayed November 2013
Duck Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

In regards to the review saying the clarion discriminates or are rude ,could be further from the truth .My family has stayed there when traveling through TN we've never been turned away even when booked they always managed to fit us in we are scheduled to arrive Saturday with our two small children and look forward to our stay

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I find this statement to be untrue. I called today for a rate & reservation for the weekend in question & was told no such thing. I was able to make a reservation, & given an awesome rate!! I'm not with any group or such , just visiting family. This statement is so unfounded. I have stayed at the Clarion several times & never have I incurred anything, but kindness & any of my needs/requests were met.

• Stayed October 2013
Milton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I come to the area weekly for business. This is a quiet, clean and very comfortable hotel even when they are hosting a big group. Steph has always been able to get me into a room even if I am a bit late on requesting a reservation. The ladies that prepare the breakfast do a great job and are always busy keeping it clean and stocked with yummy stuff. The rooms are kept clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Always plenty cool or warm depending upon what you need. It is a home away from home for me. The front desk staff are always welcoming and helpful. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Inside rooms overlook the atrium and pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!