“Older but adequate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 30 hotels in Murfreesboro
Fargo, North Dakota
“Older but adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked in this hotel for 4 days for a family visit and chose it because of the indoor pool and location. The staff was friendly upon check in and I witnessed the breakfast staff helping a disabled individual prepare his meal. The rooms were adequate, but the available tv channels were limited and sometimes the signal quality was subpar. However, it is not a big deal unless you spend all your time in the room. It was in a convenient location being near several restaurants and the interstate. My only complaint is my room was across from the meeting rooms with some event going on until 11 pm, but I managed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was for the four days you were at our hotel. Regarding the tv issue, after you notified the front desk we did contact our cable provider regarding this issue and they did get out and get it fixed, unfortunately it was after you checked out.
Regarding the noise from the ballroom, we always try to place guests away from the ballroom if we are having an event in the ballroom, so for that I apologize. All events are shut down at 11:00pm, but again, we are very sensitive to the fact that some people like to come in from a long day and rest, therefore placing them away from the ballroom. For that oversight, I do apologize.
We hope to see you again at our hotel.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Erwin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have brought our softball team to stay at this hotel several times over the years for the state softball tournament. Steph has went well out of her way to accomodate our large group and has always been a pleasure to work with. The large area at the indoor pool is perfect to allow the girls to swim, play games and hang out with each other. The breakfast is really good and is more than the usual continental breakfast at most hotels. We are hoping to be back there this May for another stay and a chance at a state championship title!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids that will be swimming in the indoor pool, I would suggest a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WE LOVE OUR TEAMS! We cater to our teams, as with all of our guests, but sometimes our teams need different schedules for check outs and service during the day. In addition, we offer our industrial washer and dryers for teams to use instead of leaving the hotel to locate a laundromat. Also, meeting rooms are provided to our teams in case they might need to go over strategy, or have a pep talk or in some cases use that for talent shows or team building exercises. Fortunately many many of our teams do return to us, as we make them part of our Clarion family, as we try to do with all of our guests.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stephanie and the staff are wonderful. They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. The indoor pool is great for the kids or just to relax even in the winter. The free breakfast buffet is an added bonus. We will keep coming back. Did I mention Stephanie is great! If you need anything just ask her.

• Stayed November 2013
Duck Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

In regards to the review saying the clarion discriminates or are rude ,could be further from the truth .My family has stayed there when traveling through TN we've never been turned away even when booked they always managed to fit us in we are scheduled to arrive Saturday with our two small children and look forward to our stay

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I find this statement to be untrue. I called today for a rate & reservation for the weekend in question & was told no such thing. I was able to make a reservation, & given an awesome rate!! I'm not with any group or such , just visiting family. This statement is so unfounded. I have stayed at the Clarion several times & never have I incurred anything, but kindness & any of my needs/requests were met.

• Stayed October 2013
Milton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I come to the area weekly for business. This is a quiet, clean and very comfortable hotel even when they are hosting a big group. Steph has always been able to get me into a room even if I am a bit late on requesting a reservation. The ladies that prepare the breakfast do a great job and are always busy keeping it clean and stocked with yummy stuff. The rooms are kept clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Always plenty cool or warm depending upon what you need. It is a home away from home for me. The front desk staff are always welcoming and helpful. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Inside rooms overlook the atrium and pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brownsburg, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked this hotel via Priceline as a last resort. It was late in the evening, and all our "usual" hotels were booked. I dropped Priceline from 3 start to 2 1/2, and this is where we landed.

Our room was an outside room, and as others have mentioned, it did have a bug in the bathroom that was clearly a guest from outside. It was dead, but it didn't sit well with my wife. Additionally, there were lots of people milling around outside in the parking lot all night, which made it noisy, and there were the contents of someone's stomach deposited just outside our door. Not cool.

The bed itself was quite comfortable, and actually, if the room had been inside the building, we probably would have had a much better experience. So definitely get an inside room.

The breakfast wasn't bad, but there was a college aged kid wandering around with no shirt and a bottle of rum. Again, the hotel should step in when there's a situation like that if they value all of their guests (and they may have done so eventually in this situation...I just don't know.)

Overall, this is clearly not as nice as a room for $120/night at other local hotels. So just know that going in. (And if my wife reviewed this hotel, she would say it was the worst place she's ever stayed. I'm more generous.)

Room Tip: Get one of the inside rooms...avoid the outdoor ones.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
First let me address the young man wondering our breakfast room shirtless. We, as a staff, did intervene upon being informed by our breakfast attendant that indeed this person was being very disrespectful and nuisance of all of our other guests. He was asked and then TOLD to please leave the atrium immediately. Of course he thought since he was a paying customer he had "rights", but he then was told to leave immediately or authorities would remove him. We are very very sensitive as a staff, to our all of our guests, as we consider guests our family and never want them to feel uncomfortable while staying in "our house". For this we truly apologize.
The bug concern is always being addressed, and as stated, unfortunately our outside rooms sometimes have them come in when the door opens. Our outside entrance rooms are normally rented to smokers, pet owners and contractors. As you stated, all hotels were sold out in the area that night and when you made your reservation we were not able to offer you an inside room as is per our normal procedure.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!