“GREAT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“GREAT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I love this hotel. My son had a soccer tournament the weekend of labor day. We stayed here at this hotel and loved it. The rooms were nice and cozy. I love the over look of the pool. The hotel staff was awesome. The cleaning crew was very nice they gave me extra things that I needed to make it through the time we stayed there. The staff was great and very helpful. The breakfast was great!! The hotel is very, very, very clean. They have two pools for the children to swim. My children loved this hotel and whenever we go back to Murfreesboro we will stay here. I did not want to leave. This hotel is like I said awesome.

Room Tip: get the rooms that are on the inside they are awesome.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks so much for your glowing review of our hotel. As stated before, we are set up to be able to host large groups, especially something like the Tennessee Soccer Cup. We were the host hotel for this 5 day event, and it was a great sight to see all the kids in the atrium pool or playing the wide variety of video games, with the parents able to sit in the atrium and visit with one another while watching their kids! It's great camaradarie for all involved, which only adds to the whole experience. The comment about cleanliness means the most to us. We are a slightly older property and we take a great deal of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, and of our entire hotel. In addition, we promote a friendly staff, and it has become a family atmosphere for the staff and the guests. As the sign says in the lobby "May all who enter as guests, leave as friends."
We look forward to hostiing you and your team in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I own a Contracting business and we travel to Murfreesboro at least once a week. I would never consider staying anywhere else. Steph and her staff always seem to be able to accommodate last minute reservations and always make sure that my crews and I are satisfied. It can be such a hassle working out of town, however, this group cares that you are satisfied and takes the stress out of the reservation and accommodation process. I wish this crew could run a hotel in Charlotte or Chattanooga my life would be a lot easier. Excellent value!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your thoughts and opinions re: your treatment for your workers that have stayed with us at the Clarion. Even though it seems as if we are a "group" oriented hotel, we do value our contractors that stay with us, and do everything to accomodate them. Another service that we offer our contractors is if they have to be at their job prior to our 6:00AM full hot breakfast opening, we make sure that the contractors are able to eat prior to leaving for their job. We make sure all guests are able to benefit from the great breakfast offered.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a last minute workshop/meeting come up. Steph never skippe a beat. The conference room was big enough for the group, Steph and her team made sure we never ran out of coffe, water, or tea. They even helped with catering.
The sleeping rooms were very clean, and had everything you could need. At a great price I might add.
Every staff member I met, was extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you for making our stay wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It's very important to our management and ownership that we represent them in a professional and positive manner in all that we do at our hotel. Every guest and every guests needs are always important to our staff, and it is nice to know that we are treating our guests as such. We do have great meeting space, and our business/meeting room guests are just a important to our hotel as our "room rental" guests.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our facility, and we certainly hope to see you again.
Morris, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Contrary to other review comments, management does not automatically assign guests an inside room unless requested otherwise. I booked a room for one night via an on-line broker (Priceline). When I checked in, I asked the evening desk attendant if he would guarantee no bugs in the room. He immediately replied, "guaranteed, no bugs!" As I place my suitcase on a stand near the washbasin, I noticed a very large field cricket on the floor and stepped on it. I remarked, "so much for the no-bug guarantee." The next morning, my wife also spotted another field cricket under the sink and smacked it with a sandal. She took a picture to show the front desk. When I asked for an adjustment from our cricket experience, the desk attendant responded that she could not adjust the rate since we booked the room on line. I contacted the General Manager after returning home who reviewed the circumstance and did adjust our rate with a refund of $20 by sending a check. I guess the bounty per cricket is $10.
If you stay in an inside room, you will probably avoid the crickets that appear to access the room via the outside door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
When the guest brought this concern to our attention we did act upon it immediately. The front desk was correct in saying we could not adjust his room rate since it was an online prepaid reservation. But, as guest stated we did give him $20 back upon learning this. Unfortunately per our procedure, we had to mail him a check. In addition, we contacted our pest company immediately to come out and spray our outside entrance rooms. I can say with complete certainty that our inside rooms are "cricket free". Yes, sometimes critters get inside our outside rooms, and we remain aware of that, and remind out staff to keep the outside room doors closed at all times when cleaning them.
We appreciate that you took the time to post your concern, as we take every criticism seriously, and always act upon each individual item.
Also, our guest service agents have permission to move any guests to inside rooms if they are available. All the guest has to do is ask. Our outside rooms are mostly for smokers, pet friendly and our contractors who like to back up their trucks right to their door.
We do hope that you visit us again, and this time you will be in an inside room!
New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this property recently on a family vacation. We stopped in Murfreesboro, TN to assist my son in finding an apartment near campus on the first leg of our family vacation. Our stay was unpleasant due to the presence of a large number of little league teams playing in a local tournament. The hotel was overrun by unruly children ostensibly being chaperoned by unruly (frequently drunken) adults. We suffered children knocking into us, screaming at the top of their lungs, swinging around (literally swinging, running, leaping, and charging over and through) the indoor pool and breakfast areas, playing hide and seek in the elevators, and playing keep away in the halls at all hours of the day and night. The indoor pool deck was turned into a tailgate style party complete with ice chests, beer bottles strewn everywhere, bean bag tossing games, and loud music. At breakfast 06:30 in the morning I was treated to a team pep talk in the breakfast area delivered at the top of the coach's lungs. This situation resulted in my low scores for cleanliness, value, and sleep quality.

Management seemed oblivious to all of this and was content to let it continue unabated until I complained to the desk staff late on the first evening of our stay about a wild game in the hall outside our room. This resulted in a temporary return to peace and quiet but upon walking down the hall the next morning I overheard one of the kids telling his coach "there is the guy that got us in trouble". This breach of etiquette and security on the part of the hotel staff is inexcusable.

Additionally we had repeated problems with our room keys. We returned after lunch to find that our key cards would not work. I went (read ran the gauntlet) to the desk to get new ones which were issued without comment or apology. Upon returning from the local civil war battlefield (a great place to visit btw), we found that our cards did not work again. We went back to the desk (through the gauntlet again) and were told that our cards didn't work because we had not given them our credit card upon check in (we were not asked to). We stayed in two rooms for two nights and used points for the first night. Our room was booked using the 800 number and secured with a credit card at that time. In any event they had two opportunities (check in and when we went to get our cards fixed the first time) to tell us they required additional security but did not do so and chose to lock us out of the room instead. The manager was called to explain the situation to us and was surly at best during this interaction explaining that it was clearly our fault that the appropriate security had not been provided to the hotel. When we finally got back into our room, we found that it had not been cleaned. This condition was quickly rectified when I contacted the desk to complain. These unsatisfactory interactions resulted in my lower score for service (although this was offset by great service elsewhere).

One bright spot of our stay was the breakfast. This hotel serves the best free breakfast I have experienced. The food is hot, it is of good quality and variety, and it is served by a friendly and efficient staff. In fact all of the staff except the desk staff were courteous and efficient.

I have a student at MTSU now so I will be returning to Murfreesboro several times a year to visit. I will be staying elsewhere when I do.

Room Tip: Unless you have a travelling baseball teamdon't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
First of all, we are very sorry that you had this experience at our hotel. I am sure it may be hard to believe, but this occurrence is an anomaly for our hotel. We host groups of teams almost every weekend of the year, and up until this particular weekend, we had never had an issue with our volume of groups and their behavior. I was aware of this situation, and quite frankly I was very very frustrated the entire weekend with the behavior of the children AND THE PARENTS! I had numerous meetings with the coaches and team representatives regarding this behavior that was not just disruptive to our other guests, but other teams were complaining. IT WAS UNACCEPTABLE. I have taken measures with the tournament committee that held this tournament to make sure these issues are addressed before we host another tournament at our hotel that is affiliated with this organization. As I stated, we have not had this type of behavior from our groups in the three years that I have been here, and quite frankly it had better not happen again. Please be assured that this was addressed during and after this particular weekend.
The room key was a hotel wide issue that weekend, and the key company was called out first thing Monday morning to take care of this system issue. I apologize for this major inconvenience.
In closing, we are big supporters of MTSU, and offer a special rate for MTSU parents who stay with us. When you visit Murfreesboro again please contact me and I will take care of you.
Piney Flats, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights for business. I booked via Priceline by naming my own price and I was hoping that it wasn't going to pick this motel. I could see it from my car as I was using Priceline. It was not very attractive from the outside and was disappointed when that was the hotel that accepted offer. And even when I walked into the lobby I was still disappointed. BUT when I went to my room I was pleasantly surprised that the room was nice and clean and had been updated! I would stay there again. Clean and safe motel.

• Stayed September 2013
Yes, this is an older property, and unfortunately there is only so much that can be done with the outside, except cleanliness, landscaping etc to entice group appeal. We are very aware of this "hardship", but we do feel once we can get a potential guest into our lobby then what we have to offer overshadows a little older outside appearance. This hotel was purchased a little over 3 years ago from LOCAL business owners, and upon the purchase a substantial amount of money was put into the upgrading of the inside and out of the hotel, from the mattresses to pillows to breakfast equipment, to redoing all landscaping. We are very proud of the cleanliness of our hotel, inside and out, and of course especially in the rooms. Our staff is friendly, and hopefully always accommodating to our guests, who we feel are the ones who pay our wages!
We do hope that you continue to stay with us during your time in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. And thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean and Great Location! The kids loved staying at this hotel and have already asked if we could go back. The indoor pool is nice and lots of places to sit down and relax for the parents. We were able to read and talk while keeping an eye on the kids. Also, video games and vending machines were a big plus! The breakfast was yummy with lots of choices. ( biscuits and gravy, yummy) Thank you Clarion Inn. We will be back :-)

Room Tip: We loved our corner suites !!! Lots of room for kids to run around. Beds were soooo comfortable. Sle...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel.
All comments are always appreciated, and please know that this review has been shared with the staff, as all reviews are shared, but certainly this one is appreciated, as the staff understands that their hard work and attention to detail is "paying off".
Our hotel has a great set up for groups, especially sports teams. Our atrium is very spacious and seats 100 people, all near the pool, and as you stated, you can sit in the atrium and visit with friends, or meet new ones, and watch your children.
Again, thanks for taking the time to share you thoughts, and we look forward to hosting you and your team in the future.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!