“Not so much on the outside but nice and clean rooms.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Piney Flats, Tennessee
“Not so much on the outside but nice and clean rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights for business. I booked via Priceline by naming my own price and I was hoping that it wasn't going to pick this motel. I could see it from my car as I was using Priceline. It was not very attractive from the outside and was disappointed when that was the hotel that accepted offer. And even when I walked into the lobby I was still disappointed. BUT when I went to my room I was pleasantly surprised that the room was nice and clean and had been updated! I would stay there again. Clean and safe motel.

• Stayed September 2013
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Yes, this is an older property, and unfortunately there is only so much that can be done with the outside, except cleanliness, landscaping etc to entice group appeal. We are very aware of this "hardship", but we do feel once we can get a potential guest into our lobby then what we have to offer overshadows a little older outside appearance. This hotel was purchased a little over 3 years ago from LOCAL business owners, and upon the purchase a substantial amount of money was put into the upgrading of the inside and out of the hotel, from the mattresses to pillows to breakfast equipment, to redoing all landscaping. We are very proud of the cleanliness of our hotel, inside and out, and of course especially in the rooms. Our staff is friendly, and hopefully always accommodating to our guests, who we feel are the ones who pay our wages!
We do hope that you continue to stay with us during your time in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. And thank you for taking the time to write a review.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean and Great Location! The kids loved staying at this hotel and have already asked if we could go back. The indoor pool is nice and lots of places to sit down and relax for the parents. We were able to read and talk while keeping an eye on the kids. Also, video games and vending machines were a big plus! The breakfast was yummy with lots of choices. ( biscuits and gravy, yummy) Thank you Clarion Inn. We will be back :-)

Room Tip: We loved our corner suites !!! Lots of room for kids to run around. Beds were soooo comfortable. Sle...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel.
All comments are always appreciated, and please know that this review has been shared with the staff, as all reviews are shared, but certainly this one is appreciated, as the staff understands that their hard work and attention to detail is "paying off".
Our hotel has a great set up for groups, especially sports teams. Our atrium is very spacious and seats 100 people, all near the pool, and as you stated, you can sit in the atrium and visit with friends, or meet new ones, and watch your children.
Again, thanks for taking the time to share you thoughts, and we look forward to hosting you and your team in the future.
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clean room convenient location. Frig microwave flat screen tv. Very extensive hot breakfast friendly staff (Andrew was very helpful at front desk) very good value. BUT skip the coffee. Claimed to be Folgers if it was it had to be instant. I do recommend for a place to spend the night

• Stayed August 2013
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with the Clarion Inn & Suites in Murfreesboro. I am glad that all in all you had a pleasant stay with us. We work very hard at ensuring that the rooms are clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Your concern regarding "skipping the coffee" has been addressed, and we are looking at making a change with our coffee vendor. Everyone wants a good cup of coffee in the morning to start their day!
Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute stay, found on Tripadviser, pulled in off the highway and booked a room. We chose an inside room (rooms face in towards pool or out towards parking lot). Our room was clean and adequate and was close to the pool. If your a pool snob you might not like it, it could use a good cleaning but we were able to look past it. The pool was very warm as was the jacuzzi which was right next to the pool. The continental breakfast was good, eggs, sausage and juice, and more, hot coffee and a waffle maker. A lot of restaraunts near the hotel, only drawback was that it's a very congested area.

• Stayed August 2013
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful comment regarding your stay with the Clarion. For informational purposes to the guests, we always put guests inside our hotel. The only guests who stay in our outside entrance rooms are smokers, pet friendly, contractors, or guests that just simply want to drive up to their room.
We take your comment regarding our pool and jacuzzi very seriously, and will continue to give it our utmost attention. Perception is very instrumental to success, we believe, and if it looks like it needs some care by a guest, then it does. We just installed a new thermostat in the pool/jacuzzi so it was certainly good to hear that they were warm.
And unfortunately, the traffic on a Friday evening and Saturday afternoon IS congested. As with you, patience is always my best virtue, but the great selection of restaurants makes the wait worth while.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Steph Norris, the Director of Sales is always taking care of us when we arrive no matter the challenge we present. We are a school out of Memphis and bring groups of kids and adults for various conventions and sporting events throughout the year. We appreciate the great care the Clarion Inn & Suites provides each time we stay.

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked into this hotel Saturday, July 20th, and it seemed like deja vu - something about this particular hotel seemed familiar. Later, I learned that the Murfreesboro Clarion is actually the old Holiday Inn re-branded - which suddenly made my feelings make sense, as my parents and I used to stay here on our twice-yearly road trips from St. Louis to Ocala, FL to visit the grandparents.

The property is definitely 70's-style design - rooms open out onto the hotel is reasonably clean and nice, but ioutside, a canvas canopy over the staircase to protect you from the weather, little things that show the age of this building.

But it is clean, quiet, and reasonably priced - and I'd stay here again, if only for the memories it brings back.

Bulls Gap, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I booked this room for a conference he attended for a few days and we were very disappointed with the room. We were given an outside room, which later we found out was a pet friendly room. It was out dated and I didn't feel it was very sanitary. There were crickets in our room and I also found a roach in the bathroom on our last day. We also came home broken out on our arms and legs. The staff was friendly and the maid did come in daily and change out our towels and make the bed. I didn't want to say anything, but I think the problem should be addressed. Needless to say we won't be staying here again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
First and foremost, I am truly sorry you had this experience at our hotel. Yes, we are an older property, but three and a half years ago new/local owners took over a very rundown property. The entire inside of the hotel and the 134 rooms that are interior were renovated. The outside rooms were also renovated, but they are still a work in progress. For that reason we usually only put guests in the outside entrance rooms who a)requests outside entrance b) need a smoking room c) need a pet friendly room. In addition, our outside rooms are of a lesser price. We will continue to stress to our front desk staff to only use outside rooms if the meet they above criteria, or simply want an outside entrance. Regarding the crickets, we are very cognisant of the fact that our outside rooms are more susceptible to having bugs enter the room when the door is opened and closed. We are continuously taking precautions, and have been assured that our hotel is very clean, it's just with an outside door entrance to the sleeping room bugs can sometimes slip in.
We are very sorry for this experience, and if you do come back to the Murfreesboro area I would love to have you as a guest again at my expense. I would like for you to stay in our inside rooms with our great atrium view of the indoor pool and jacuzzi and the spacious breakfast room.
I do want to thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We cannot continue to try to get better if we do not know there is an issue.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!