“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had to travel to Murfreesboro for a family emergency on a moments notice. I booked an express deal on Priceline and was assigned the Clarion. At first glance I thought to myself that you get what you pay for. HOWEVER, I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I walked thru the door. After being in a car for 15 hours, Beth greeted me with a smile and was very helpful with my requests. The atrium area is very nice and the room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was a nice setup and had plenty of choices. The only disappointment was that the jacuzzi in my room didn't work and I was looking forward to soaking my stress away at night after spending time with family at the medical center. No big deal though in the overall scheme of things. The Clarion is in a great location and I would definitely recommend staying there.

Room Tip: ask for an inside room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to put your personal views on Trip Advisor. Regardless if they are good or bad, they are very very helpful. It was great to hear that our staff, and Beth in particular, was pleasant and welcoming to you when you arrived. We stress to all of our staff that YOU, the guests, pay our wages, and when you walk in our door you are part of our "family" for the duration of your stay.
On a side note, I wish we would have known about the jacuzzi in the room not functioning, as we have a very qualified maintenance staff who would have taken care of you immediately.
We look forward to you and your family visiting our hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for three days and two nights. First, you can tell the hotel is older but they have renovated it and they did a great job. Second, the breakfast and indoor pool area is very nice. The high ceilings and relaxing atmosphere was very pleasant after a long day on the road. I didn't eat breakfast but heard from my passengers that it was very plentiful and delicious. My room had an outside door which was very hard to open. I consider this a good thing, because that tells me that the weather stripping on the bottom of the door is new and very tight. So no wind or unwelcome guest can come in. The room (203) itself was very nice with a clean and comfortable bed, a nice size tv and hot shower. Now it is true the bathrooms are small but hey you can't have everything in life. Plus how much time do you really spend in there? I wasn't able to sign on to the wifi from my room unless I stood in the corner by my door with my phone up in the air. So as someone that does a lot of map reading on his phone this was an inconvenience, but definitely not a deal breaker. When I got to my room I had a burned out light bulb in my lamp and one bulb that made a loud buzzing noise so I took them both to the front desk where Beth was very helpful and pleasant. So in closing this is a wonderful property seated right off of I-24 around a ton of shopping and eating. So give them a call and lay it down with the Clarion Inn.

• Stayed March 2013
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. we will commend Beth and we will also check into the WiFi coverage in that corner of the building. We are glad you and your team had a good time at our property, that is what we strive for.
Benton, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. I told the front desk that I had a dog when we checked in and then when we went to our room it was on the inside facing the pool. All the signs on the doors said that the pet rooms were on the outside so I felt really uncomfortable the entire weekend because we had an inside room and we had to walk all the way through the hotel to get to the side that had grass for me to walk him. They ran out of washcloths the second night we were there. There was also a really loud party going on around the pool and in the room next to us on Saturday night and I complained but I don't know if anyone from the hotel ever came to check it out.

Room Tip: I will be traveling with my dog again so I will make sure to ask for an outside facing room. I woul...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We appreciate your comments. I can only think that the reason the desk agent gave you an inside room was that we were sold out and that the inside room was all that was left. That is not the normal. The party you are referring to was a convention that was on the property. They had well over 3/4 of the hotel booked and we did give them permission to use the Atria as a gathering place. We will make sure you are accommodated on your next stay so that you and your pet will have the stay that you have enjoyed in the past. We really value our return customers. If you would like to call me personally to ensure that you get the room you have requested feel free 615-890-0046 Jeff Dukehart
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Arrived at the property and we waited for 15 minutes to get checked in which is understandble becoz there were 4 ppl ahead of us and 1 FD clerk. We got our turn and clerk asked us if we rather have the 1st fl rm so ok although we were very hesitant. To much of our amaze, we got to our room and it was right there by the pool and we have the semi private balcony. Our granddaughter was so happy because it was close to all her fun and enjoyment. Although the TV is outdated, the room was nice and clean, the beds are so comfortable and the room was very surprisingly quiet amidst of all the noisy kids out swimming in the pool. The breakfast however is a different story. That is why I gave just a "very good", not excellent. The potatoes were very cold (had to ask bf person to warm it up), I feel like that the breakfast person is very untidy, and the place was messy although there was not much ppl having breakfast. We were just going to stay 1 night and ended staying the second night just because our granddaughter was having so much fun. I wonder if the manager will let us stay in the same room next time. It's the corner rm on the first fl closes to the pool with the semi private balcony (maybe rm 115?)

Room Tip: Conveniently located to every restaurants and shops in Murfreesboro and a nice ride to Franklin the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello and thank you for the review.

We are working on some changes in the breakfast department and we understand the issues that you had. We will have it changed before you come stay with us again and YES you can stay in the same room if you book early and request that room. Even if you don't book early we will do our best to accommodate that request. Just give me a call at 615.-890-0046 Jeff Dukehart
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We reserved our room through on of the price bidding sites. Great price but the rooms - not so great! Outside entrance, door was warped so badly you had to really lean into it to close the door. Rooms were clean and VERY small. Unable to sit at the desk and have someone walk behind you. You had to step to the other side of the toilet in order to close the bathroom door. The tub drain had not been cleaned out in some time, made obvious by the standing water up to your ankles when showering! While the staff were very nice the maid service never happened the three days we stayed there! Had to call down to get fresh towels and stop at the maid's cart to get them another time. We thought the Clarion name carried a higher level of quality.

Room Tip: Inside rooms would be more secure.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for the feedback. We would really like to know which room this was so the issues you had can and will be addressed. Unfortunately Trip Advisor does not provide us with this information so if you could please call me at 615-890-0046 so we can fix these issues it would be of great help.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I reserved a room two weeks in advance for pet. When I arrived, they informed me that "something happened" and my room was given to someone else. As consolation they offered to let my family and dog stay in a smokers room. I was recommended this hotel for their friendly staff and clean rooms, but this was not my experience. I do not recommend this place. Staff seemed unsure how to correct the problem.

Room Tip: Don't bother reserving a room. They'll just give it away. I'm now stuck trying to find a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I can assure you this is not our normal way of doing business. We will find out who caused this issue and address it with them. If you would like to contact me to discuss it further I would be more than happy to try to rectify this problem and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Jeff Dukehart
615-890-0046
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

the staff at this property is amazing...always willing to go the extra mile to make our event successful. the beds are super comfortable and the atrium area is so relaxing, top notch management and the guy Jose' was extra nice!

Room Tip: close to great restaurants and shopping
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff D, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank and we enjoyed having you at our property. Jose is a tremendous asset and he keeps our meeting rooms going on the set up and clean up side as well as providing extras for them when the sales staff is not on site. Again thank you very much for your kind comments.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!