“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

First off its right next to good restaurants such as Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, T.G.I.F, Buffalo wild wings, etc. And the mall so that's a plus. The room itself was clean, pretty nice, and had a jaccuzi tub. :) all in all pretty comfortable. We only encountered staff once and that was when we checked in and it was friendly and fast. The social area is pretty spacious and neat. Pool table and air hockey and pretty much a little arcade by the pool and hot tub. And a comfortable lounge area far enough from the pool but close enough to the kids...If you have em. I only have one complaint, in the morning there were no towels at the pool. Me my wife and our 2 year old enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012
, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I will look into what time the towels go out and the pool opens in the mornings.....
Jeff Dukehart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Situated close to shopping, dining and Civil War Battlefied Stone's River, this location seemed ideal. I was traveling with my wife, brother and his wife and our mother. We had three rooms and two of us had issues from the start.

The lobby was nicely appointed and welcoming. There was a guest speaking with the front desk about their room key. Apparently there was a previous issue and now they were completely unable to enter the room. I'm thinking "isolated incident". We checked in with a desk clerk who was very pleasant and polite. Arriving at our room, the door was ajar, all the room lights were on as well as the TV. At first I thought I was at the wrong room. I double checked the number and poked my head in the door. No one was in there and there was no luggage or sign or it being occupied. Glancing around the room there was still food and trash on the floor and no garbage can liners. The shower curtain was missing and some of the toiletries were not there. It appeared I was there in "mid-clean". I called the front desk and they said someone would be there right away to finish the task. Within ten minutes they arrived but it was a bit awkward standing there while they cleaned around us. We didn't want to spend too much time outside on the balcony since it was 100 degrees out.

We were out of tissues in about 20 minutes. I believe one of the boxes had two left, the other had three. Leaving the room I noticed the weather stripping on the door dragged the carpet and made the door impossible to open completely. Not a make or break item but annoying none-the-less.

My mother's room had a huge gap under the door allowing the 100 degree heat to rush in. I also had to fiddle with the room card key to get it to unlock. When I finally got that to work I had to put my shoulder into the door to open it. I was concerned that my 78 year old mother couldn't get out of the room if she needed to because she wouldn't have the strength to open the door so she gave me her second room key if I needed to extricate her.There was no TV remote in her TV cabinet or bath towels in her bathroom.

Overall a rather disappointing experience. Generally we have had good experiences with Clarion Hotels. This one needs quite a bit of instruction in the way of attention to detail. I was hesitant to rate as poor but the number of items involved with a complaint was too many for me to give a higher rating.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the interior in summer. It should be much cooler.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are sorry for the issues you had. I would like to speak to you directly to get more information in an attempt to not only give you some options to rectify the stay but to address the issues you had.....I do know that since your incident we put a new policy in place about the room rentals in the excessive heat we have been expirencing here in Middle TN. When you call if I can get your information we can look into what happened on the room cleaning situation and who checked you into that rooms, so we may address this.

Jeff Dukehart
615-890-0046
Middle Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I bid on Priceline for this one. I couldn't get a low bid 'Boro 3 star so got this 2.5 star. Bid was $54 so cost was just under $70. I am pretty sure it is a former Holidome that has been rebranded. It is just off the Interstate but you have to make a left turn at a long light to get back on the interstate. If you are familiar with the Holidome building, there is a large open public area inside where there are two pool tables, an indoor pool and lots of room for a nice breakfast area. There is an outside small pool also.
We enjoyed the breakfast. It was hot, the coffee was hot, the juice was cold. The fruit loops were too sweet as usual (not the hotels fault.) There was yohgurt, 2 kinds of sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles and more.
Our bathroom was nice with a bowed out shower curtain rod and a nice nozzle. The in-room coffee tasted and smelled like hot plastic. Don't waste any time on that. The king bed was very comfortable. It was elevated almost waist high. There were 5 nice soft pillows to arrange however you please. The TV was an older CRT and we didn't even turn it on. The parking lot was a little tight in places so you will have a little back and fill (in places) with your grand caravan. In summary the very good rating is for the nice room, the nice breakfast area, the linens. It can't be excellent due to the age and the outside walkways.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one. So ask.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We are working on upgrading parts of the facility but it will take time and you are right it was a Holidome. The coffe issue is being addressed as we speak. We think it has to do with the vendor we are using so we are bidding that out right now
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am currently staying in this hotel and there are some issues that should really be resolved in this place. We got our room and the lock did not work so we had to switch rooms. That wouldn't be a big deal but the room we switched to had hair all over the bathroom floor and in the shower floor. The shower curtain is filthy. This could be a decent place if they do the updates that need to be done and properly clean rooms before giving them to guests. I wish our room was as clean as the common areas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here on May 29, 2012
Booked through hotwire and after reading reviews decided it couldn't be that bad, but it is!
Bathroom was filthy. Bathtub had no decals or nonslip mat, was the slickest tub ever also no hot water.
Room was tiny with two queen beds and a desk chair blocked bathroom door
The beds were comfortable but could not sleep because of super loud air conditioner
On a last note breakfast was good, buffet style with sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy
I would not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone

Room Tip: They have suites but did not see them. May be a better choice We paid $35.00 + tax and that was too...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We paid $74, which was not bad. Room was fine. Indoor pool was nice. Hot Breakfast was really cold. Hot water for oatmeal was cold. They had to throw out a lot of meat sausage because it had gone cold. I would not eat breakfast there after that. The other negative was the noisy AC. And the hallways would sometimes be full of hot air. Our door would not lock when we closed it and the bath tub did not drain properly. So the place needs some maintenance updating. Nonetheless staff was nice and responsive about our door issue. I probably will not stay there again if I have a choice.

• Stayed May 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything else was booked...hotel could use some updating....fair price compared to surrounding facilities...bathroom had hairs, one of my pet peeves....airconditioning unit didn't work very well...not the worst place we've stayed, but not the best either.

• Stayed May 2012